1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

After having a crap start to the day the remainder has been pretty productive.

Got my workout done early while my son was napping, sat down with my finances and made sure I was on track which I am, booked in a session for later in the year to start my right sleeve. I have enough monthly disposable income to be able to afford it comfortably and still have a beer garden filled summer and I paid the remaining of the balance for a little family holiday in July.

This year has always been about positive change and I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere on all levels at the moment.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Laptop should be here tomorrow and I Think I've worked out a technical issue that was blocking me on something else I'm working on.

3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Moved to UK yay

adidan likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good luck :thumb::lol:

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Did you ever pick an interesting time to be an immigrant.

Here's hoping things go smoothly for you, or at least better than they are for the government.

perplekks45 and Byron C like this.
  6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Trying my own emacs config from scratch and it not being a complete disaster so far :)

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Laptop from @Wakka has arrived safe and sound. Just need to redo windows as somehow I've got dell stuff on it again, reduce the partition then install ubuntu. 250gb for each should be fine so that I can game on the windows portion and use the ubuntu one for everything else

8. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Woot woot! Dont forget, she undervolts a beaut :thumb:

9. MLyons

-0.150v if your sig it to be believed.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Just took a very relaxing bath and read a bit of "The word is Murder" by Anthony Horowitz. All after having a one hour weight lifting / light calisthenics workout.

This really helps me to take the edge off the stress because of my mum's radiation therapy. And I think it might be better than drinking to take said edge off.

Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

What a week. Wow. First the tumble dryer chewed my bedding lol, then the valve amp was dead. Managed to push hard (been doing stairs for a week solid) and get a load done. Had to cut down the mattress (up yours Ikea !)

[​IMG]

And of course do all of the critically important stuff.

[​IMG]

And managed to get this yesterday after the hail storm

[​IMG]

And then finally bought an Embody after drooling over them for the best part of 5 years, due to getting an entire month rent that I paid up front.

As I suspected my ex landlady has done a bunk with the deposit, but then I knew that which was why I took a 2 tonne poo in the flat before I left (a king sized bed, a massive solid oak desk, cabinets and etc) so she can use the deposit to clear that lot out. At least it will give Mikhal some extra money. I would get mad (and the lady at the trust *really* wanted to go legal) but I knew it was going to happen. I've had three years to realise that.

New flat is incredible. You open the window and you smell BBQ (there's a steak burger place on the corner) as well as the hustle and bustle of the town. Shut the windows? all you can hear is the clock ticking. It was rather unnerving at first, because I am so used to residual noise in both the old flat and my mother's house (the bedroom window is twisted from the wind catching it one day and too expensive to bother with really).

I also realised how much I miss my desktops. I'm not at home right now (PC hasn't been set up yet because I've not finished in there, and if I go on the PC it'll remain in limbo forever !) but also made me realise just how much mobile devices seriously lack, and suck ass at using as "all you have".

[​IMG]

Most of the important stuff is done now lol. I have also been studying the pigeons that frequent the roof. Interesting little buggers they are. Even funnier when they get annoyed and have a "peck up" and beat each other up. Amazing that they helped us to win WW2 really.

Going to have a rest now. From stairs, mainly.

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

@Fingers66. The generosity and general awesomeness of this community never cease to amaze me.

Vault-Tec, Arboreal and adidan like this.
  13. adidan

Dr Lisa Su to give keynote at Computex in May.

That Zen 2 upgrade of mine getting closer :D

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

With added Navi. Allegedly.

adidan likes this.
  15. MLyons

but how close ;)

[​IMG]

The_Crapman and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

Well, got the house to finish renovating and a move to do yet so it may all work out. :)

17. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Not really awesome but, finally caved and went from Ubuntu's Unity7 to Gnome, but not without compromise. Made it as Unity as possible. Only thing missing is global menus, but what I really wanted was hidden menus, not global menus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

KDE is best desktop. Change my mind.

20. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Used KDE, Gnome, and a few others, eventual settled on xfce. When using KDE I was all about the flash: transparent windows animated wallpaper, status widgets, etc., then I discovered minimalism.