1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I posted the economy version!

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Wait until you're 24 years down the line, then they won't talk to you because you are too old.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Do the arsewits get paid by the phone call?

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

No, they get paid when they place people (apart from a low retainer) but the problem is that they are...arsewits.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Actually, the low-end recruiters calling you have to hit quota. Screenings, calls, setting up interviews, ... The recruiting company gets paid by the hiring company for placements.

My life is awesome, because... well, I honestly don't know any special reason right now. But overall it's good. I guess that's more than many can say.

adidan likes this.
  6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I had a really awesome sounding contract drop in my LinkedIn inbox, so I replied asking what the rate is. They wanted to pay £100 an a day or £14 an hour.

I'm a 19 year IT veteran, and the list of qualifications/experience they were after was something that would need someone with 10-12 years really and they wanted to pay graduate wage. Erm nope.

7. perplekks45

I recently got an offer for a senior project manager role including pre-sales, sales, technical documentation, aftercare, training for internal and customer-side employees, direct report to the GM, ... I said I'd think about it (don't really want that much useless stress) but how much would they be willing to pay, since for the right amount of money I'd do almost anything. They said €50k annually, no bonus, no overtime, 25 days paid vacation. The recruiter got really pissed off when I started laughing.

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Good? Bad? Orgasmic?

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

No spoilers please. One question though, do I need to see Captain Marvel first?

I think I may have to, recently just watched all of the others...

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

medium lows and orgasmic highs.
    I hadn't but can see why you'd want to. I need to go back and watch it at some point along with ant man

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Cheers.

Yeah I just have Ant Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel to catch up on. Oh and the first part of Avengers again.

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I saw Endgame last night too. Lots of action, lots of humour, some tissues required.
    Having seen both I'd say that the story in Captain Marvel is just her origin story and doesn't directly inform the Endgame plot. You'd probably know enough about her just seeing an extended trailer for the film.
    Ant-man and the Wasp while good also is a standalone film without any of the main characters in - it only furthers Ant-man's story - EXCEPT that the end of credits first-look directly refers to the Avengers story, and I'd say that bit was essential. You should try and find that on youtube or something.

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Wifey and I have been watching them from the start (in release order) with the intention of building up to Captain Marvel and Endgame (for home release, not planning on going to the cinema)

Thing is, we've been watching them a bit too quickly... We were supposed to be watching 5-6/month and we're already up to Doctor Strange :/

15. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Just landed a sizeable contract which has put a smile on my face.

Out of curiosity do any other freelancers start thinking of ways to spend the money before it arrives. It's a bad habit of mine to be honest.

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've honestly found it to be good practice, It lets you make more considered use of it when it does arrive IMO.

So long as you're only thinking of how to spend it, and not actively spending it.

Fingers66 likes this.
  17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

^ this!

18. MLyons

I'm full time and I've already spent about 6 months into the future.

The_Crapman and perplekks45 like this.
  19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I know exactly how to spend every penny that comes my way: living expenses. Being the sole breadwinner for a nuclear family ain't cheap, yo!

20. perplekks45

I just received my yearly bonus of "I wish I got that much every month" which got me out of the red (for now). Given I would have to give more than 1/3 of my net income to the beautiful state of Germany because of my mum having the audacity of needing care I have to get more debt all the time. So, thanks Germany, I do get more debt. Buying a house would make sense. Neither financially nor due to the fact the girlfriend and me (we can't get married because if we did she'd be in on the fun of "owing" the state money for my mum's care as well) might want to leave Germany in 2-5 years, but the debt would make sure I don't have to transfer over 2/3 of my pre-tax income directly to the ministry of finance.

That's why I spend all my money before I have it. It's quite fun but a tad stressful sometimes.