1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Did some digging recently and found out that bubble glass for vaping is a thing. The EU forced manus to make e cig tanks tiny (why is a mystery but EU, huh?) Which since ohmage has dropped (and coil sizes and power rise) makes vaping a PITA. If I'm having a bad anxiety day the thing may as well be a dummy, and I get truly tired of filling. So yeah, bought a big old bubble glass section for my tank and it now takes over twice as much liquid.

Awesome.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Isn't it just. They'll be there in the morning though :thumb:

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

SRAM warranty sorted, total of an hour in the shop, bulk of which was chatting about general bike stuff, been roped into trying out for a local team, they must be desperate but I'm not complaining.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

While unfortunate for you, I can't really find a negative having rewatched (so far) 20 episodes of Project Binky.

Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  5. jinq-sea

Indeed. It's also late enough in the day now that I couldn't give two hoots. It's a problem for tomorrow jinq-sea. He'll also be having a day off on Monday.

liratheal and Arboreal like this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

EU Tobacco Products Directive. Basically pushed by pharma & tobacco companies to hobble the rise of vaping as a credible alternative to smoking or traditional NRT (*cough*95% failure rate*cough*). </takes off tinfoil hat>

As you have discovered however:

...there are ways around the legislation.

Same as e-liquid: juice containing nicotine cannot be sold in a container with >10ml capacity. Therefore... sell 90ml "short-fill" bottles and a 10ml "nicotine shot" separately and hey-presto, you have 100ml of nicotine-containing e-liquid.

Yeah, it's a ballache, it's f-ing stupid, and it's certainly one of the more moronic things that the EU has done. Could be worse though, a lot of countries in Europe have it much worse than we do.

7. Vault-Tec

The tank I have is an Ijoy Diamond. Even out of the box it breaks the dumb regs so they put some thick ass plastic glass in it which doesn't fit properly and leaks all over your hand. Stupid part is they don't bloody tell you. In the end the heat cracked it bad and I swapped to the glass erm, glass. But I clocked pretty quickly it was about 1/3 the thickness and when looking for a spare I noticed the bubble glass.

Thank buggery to that, now I can finally throw away my pre legislation Genitank Megas.

Oh yeah more coolies. I also found out why my tank kept peeing out black water like substance. They say that below 0.5ohm you should not use any water and raise the VG dramatically to prevent bleed out. This was great news as PG gives me rotten eczema all over my hands due to being allergic to it.

It does mean hacking up chewable lumps of it, but hey no more itchy hands lol.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I find it funny how much regulation you guys who vape talk about, when here on the continent they smoke like chimneys, have no qualms about plastering cigarette brands everywhere, and openly selling multiple hundreds or huge (cereal box size) bags of rolling tobacco.

Just seems a little contradictory (the less harmful vape legislation Vs the '**** it' approach to cigarettes) to me, and tickles my funny bone.

Edit: Walked past a JPS ad-board today with mostly German on it, but the tag line across the bottom was "Make your day" or something to that effect.

Last edited: 2 May 2019
  9. Vault-Tec

The yanks have done about all they can to get people off vape and back onto the cigs.

Smoking is pure rank though. I went down to take some rubbish out earlier and some guy was out there smoking. God it stunk soooooo bad. Yes, I am an annoying ex smoker lol.

liratheal likes this.
  10. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I bought a Vaporesso Cascade tank that was TPD compliant (2ml). I then removed the plastic insert from inside to instantly turn it into a 7ml tank - its actually a selling point.

So yeah, the TPD rules are sort of meaningless in the real world.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I am too. But I have recently been enjoying some "alternative relaxation methods", which has necessitated smoking some tobacco. God it's foul... But vaporisers for "alternative relaxation methods" aren't cheap (at least not the good ones anyway) and I can't bake cookies or brownies...

B1GBUD likes this.
  12. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Thanks for the tip fella!, just ordered an 8ml bubble glass for my Smok V12

Vault-Tec likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Accepted a new job on Monday and handed in my resignation yesterday. This 2-month notice period is going to be a PITA though.

adidan, Vault-Tec, IanW and 3 others like this.
  14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

No holiday days left?

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not enough to make a real dent in a two month notice period!

16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Just made the most spectacular screwed-up-tinfoil-into-bin shot in history.

IanW, adidan and MLyons like this.
  17. jinq-sea

[​IMG]

18. Vault-Tec

Two M&S best ever burgers in my tum.

Nice nap soon :)

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Finally got my BMW 320D performing how it should be.

Bit of a long story :)

So a few week's after buying it I noticed that when the engine was cold it performed amazing just how you would think it would, fast of the line, quick acceleration basically if you wanted to drive like an idiot then you could because you had the full power of the engine.

Soon as the engine warmed up though it was a whole different story, it was like you were driving a car which was 3 ton in weight and only had a 100cc engine, basically if my car did 0-60 in say 5 seconds when it was cold, when it was warmed up it would take 30 seconds to do 0-60.

After a little digging around on the net, I found out that there maybe a recall notice on my car because of some wiring issue that may put the car in to limp mode, but nothing was coming up on the dash so I booked for BMW to come to my house and fix the issue with the wiring which they did on the drive way because it's big enough for them to work on.

They scanned the car for faults and it came up with an "Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor" failure code, so off to Ebay I go and I buy one, it turns up and I fitted it and thought that will fix the issue.

So I get a carly adapter thinking I can clear the code but here is where I made a mistake, I bought the wrong adapter for my phone, I use an Android phone so me thinking the adapter will just be a generic adapter and that it doesn't matter I just saw "Carly Adapter" and bought it.

When that turned up I plugged it in to the car and connected to it, then opened the app and it wouldn't connect to the adapter, I am thinking "WTF??" turns out that Carly have a massive scam going in my opinion, because if you have an Iphone and buy the Android adaptor although your Iphone will connect to the Android adapter the Iphone app will not, same with if you buy the Iphone adapter and have an Androind phone it will connect to the adapter but the app will not connect to it.

Phone my brother and ask him to come round with his Iphone and install the Carly App on his phone, which it turns out he already had it on his phone, so he comes round and clears it and does another scan.

New error code now, "Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Before CAT" this time.

I look it up on the internet and it's like £190 for this sensor from most places in the UK, well I thought not paying that yet, so drove it for about 7 months like that and eventually ordered a sensor from Berlin for £51 incl delivery.

It turns up and due to my brother having a holiday booked etc he couldn't swap it till last weekend, so he changes it and plugs his laptop in to the car and the sensor is reading at -50c so we are both thinking it's a faulty sensor.

He unplugged it and asked me to take it for a spin warm the engine up and see how it performs, get back and the look on my face said it all to my brother.

I parked the car up locked it and threw the keys on the side in disgust and just left it, didn't drive it didn't even look at it, because it was performing the same.

On Tuesday this week I called BMW to find out the price of a new sensor, and my brother spoke to them, turns out he has a trade account with BMW! GRRRR!!

Wednesday I go out and plug the sensor back in, and I drove to BMW to pick up the new sensor.

The car performed and sounded like a different animal, it was amazing completely different car.

Currently have the possibly faulty sensor still installed in the car but have been out for a "Spirited" drive down some country roads the last 2 nights and after 2 hours the engine is 100% warmed up but it's performing like is was when it was just started.

Now I don't drive like an idiot 99% of the times but if I need to put my foot down now to overtake someone on the motorway I don't need to drop down to like 3rd or 4th gear to do it, I can stay in 6th and just press the accelerator.

Big smile on my face now, but it has exposed some things that I need to do!

I need to get better brakes, tyres and suspension because if I decide to go and drive down some of the country roads in a spirited fashion which let's face we all know we shouldn't, but we do sometimes, then the current ones are just not good enough.

Looked around and ouch it's about £500 to £1500 for the suspension, about £600 for the big brake kit and tyres for the current wheels are like £100 each but I am going to change the wheels to 17" or 18" dependent on what the brakes are like in terms of size.

It will all be worth it though, because there is not much I enjoy doing but just going out for a normal relaxing drive or down some country roads, is one of if not the main thing I do enjoy so I am very happy now.

20. Vault-Tec

Most engines are bullet proof these days. When cars fail it's usually always electrics or a sensor. My ex wife had a BMW mini that ran like turd when I met her. Ended up replacing two sensors. One in the manifold, one after the CAT. That fixed it, and the mileage per gallon increased brilliantly.

But yeah, bloody sensors. When my Tiburon broke down twice it was because of sensors. The MAF went on it first. Problem is as soon as one dies the engine runs rich to circumvent the problem. Meaning it runs like crap.