1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Cheers for that, I had always wondered how it worked - I wondered if there was some "Labs" committee that sat in judgement :grin:.

I would comment that, for that particular labs test, there might be different criteria for those that want a "plug and play" rig and those that want to build their own - depending on purpose.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

On that topic, the stuff I submitted included barebones and as-reviewed (i.e. inclusive of components) pricing for all the barebones systems - which took me a little while to put together. As published, though, it's all just barebones pricing. No idea why.

I'm also disappointed that very few of my internal shots were used - took me ages, those! I'll have to get around to uploading them all somewhere, as per usual.

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Yeah I noticed that a couple of times, the as reviewed spec & price mentioned in the text but only barebones prices listed. A little misleading, especially on the big double page spread where it lists the barebones prices at the top then the spec reviewed below - I mean for example, the ASRock listed at £142 which is less than the cost of the i5-8400 it was tested with.

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Absolutely - which is why I included both.

The proper pricing's here, if you're interested.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It ends up it was the blue variant. Yes, chinesium is a fabled material normally reserved for case manufactures I can't mention or I start getting whinny emails. Or water cooling components of companies I also can't mention due to receiving whinny messages.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

HOW many fans does it come supplied with...?! Is it really SEVEN...?

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Funny that. 0. You know what's also funny? Same number of screws.

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

What the...? HTF you supposed to build it, let alone attach anything TO it??

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Chinesium = sub-par materials used in [typically chinese] consumer goods.
    Depleted Chinesium = The stuff used in cheap and/or knock-off goods that makes regular Chinesium look good an solid.

Arboreal likes this.
  12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Doesn't depleted imply cr... lesser quality?

Arboreal likes this.
  13. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Subtle difference in pricing between the barebones and finished articles! You'd want to know what you're letting yourself in for.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Is that not what @RedFlames' post implies?

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Made sweet & sour chicken in batter with egg fried rice.

Absolutely amazing and loads of left overs, but... oh my god... someone's gonna have to get me out of this chair with a crowbar...

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

"Get Mama's pryin bar."
    [​IMG]

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Partner booked in a tattoo for my birthday, The design is actually from another tattoo artist I commissioned a few months back.

Following that it felt like a really unusual day.... Picked her up from her grandparents she doesn't see often and I got a barrage of questions about my existing tattoos a few disgusted "Ughhhs" from her grandmother, I explained a few when she questioned them and her grandad even piped up to ask me about some of them also. Given the generational gap I really don't get offended by that sort of off the cuff negativity given that's their understanding but having seen then quite a few times prior to this meeting it was quite unusual. After that I stopped by the shop and was confronted by someone very curious about my tattoos in a slightly more positive manner but still uncomfortably probing me, The last stop at my brothers & sister in laws they had her parents visiting and I was described as being "not that kind of person" again seeing them multiple times before with the same tattoos visible.

I think it confirmed I was more comfortable in my skin than I personally felt like I was... I've never been put on the spot like I have today but it was positive in ways I wouldn't have imagined

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I over-thought it... I do that a lot more than is 'healthy' for me (Asperger's).

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My music folders are now uniformly organised. Genre>Band>Year-Album.

Now.. To go through every single CD and rip it to the same bitrate and file format, so that's uniform too.

..This might take significantly longer.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I can think of 8 sub-genres of metal just off the top of my head:
    • Black metal
    • Death metal
    • Heavy metal
    • Thrash metal
    • Speed metal
    • Nu-metal
    • Progressive metal
    • Folk metal
    Your schema wouldn't work for me, I'll just stick to Band>(year)Album :grin:

goldstar0011 likes this.