1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What did you grab this Black Friday?

Discussion in 'General' started by BU5H W00K1E, 25 Nov 2017.

1. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

So my Friday Black Friday shopping and I spent all the money I had from my project car but it was worth it! Did some online shopping and got a few good deals also!
    Best Buy haul:
    50inch 4K tv 180.00 was 500!
    2x lg 29inch ultra wide ips 180.00 ea were 350 ea!
    Dell laptop tablet thing(for my mom to play her Facebook games easier...don’t get a 60 year old woman who can’t even use her iPhone a touch screen laptop!) 350.00 was 680!
    Lowe’s haul:
    Roper was and Dyer set 450! Was 750!

Worst part is waiting for it to come in! They wanted 100 dollars shipping to get it before December 4th!
    So wat deals did u snag?

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Zilch. This gas become nothing more than a marketing con. Which magazine produced a report recently that showed 70% of the so called bargains in the top 35 tech products could have been bought at the same price or cheaper at other times if the year.
    Tgennyou gave the old favourite of hiking up the price prior to Black Friday then dropping it and advertising it was a bargain. Not forgetting shipping in vast amounts of cheap Chinese made crap and again advertising it as bargains.

Amazon were advertising their Echo as a Black Friday special but John Lewis had it for 99p cheaper.
    I received emails promoting Black Friday 20% off Windows 10 Black Friday deal, i have geen offered this deal without the the Black Friday connection at least twice this year.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
  3. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Got a new tom tom go 6200 sat nav for a very respectable price ☺

4. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Avoid john lewis on black friday.....the bargains you are buying are just stock that has fallen from the racking in the warehouse throughout the year.

Worked there 15 years.....feel sorry for people who shop there...who they refer to as bods....shocking.

5. veato

veato I should be working

I was eyeing up a Pentax 31mm F1.8 Ltd reduced from the RRP of £1299 to £749. Alas, my budget wouldn't stretch that far so I settled for a copy of Forza 7 on Xbox!

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Nothing.

I buy things when I need them and look for deals then, things I've found over the past few months have been cheaper than black friday oddly enough. Sure, I saw deals on things yesterday but I don't really need them so I didn't buy. Been a good boy this year.

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Laura's been using my eBay account so when I bought myself a hammer it got charged to her credit card. Does that count?

Arboreal likes this.
  8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Nice one, it can cut both ways tho'.... I bought an item for work on my work debit card on ebay using the paypal card option. Didn't realise it had automagically switched payments to this from my current account, so when I bought a cheap motherboard a couple of weeks later, I was shocked to find that my work card had paid for it :eeek:

Nothing from Black Friday deals.
    Just haggling on ebay with a guy who's hard work and put up the item by 50% when stocks got low and now offering me a 'deal' at more money than I could have had it at for some months!

9. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Been more of a week long sale here in the UK!

Scored an Echo Dot for £20 alongside discounted smart plugs for £20 a piece. Some JD Whiskey at £20 that included £10 bonus amazon credit that should be winging its way to me next week! Also making use of some PSN and XBOX credit I've stashed over the past couple of months. So that gives me a discount between 25% - 75% on already discounted games. Actually makes buying console games digitally worthwhile! So far on XBOX I picked up Wolfenstein 2 Digital Deluxe Edition for effectively £15, Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition and Rise of the Tomb Raider (20 Year Celebration) for £20.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I think I only have one thing that qualifies as a true black friday purchase, and that's the Bond Bluray set. I've misssed having a binge on old bond movies over holidays since cutting the cord, and this will do nicely. 24 films for £35 seemed like the right impulse buy price.

The rest would have been purchased anyway so I'm not sure they count, but they were all amongst the cheapest, if not the cheapest I've ever had them for, for those smug "It's all a con" types amongst you...
    30 miscellaneous bottles of wine
    Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
    Zacapa Centenario 23
    Mrs bought some cosmetics
    A kitchen tap... coincidence that it needed replacing, apparently the tap was on sale, but it's irrelevant because, hey, I needed a tap.

I was close to picking up a bunch of hue bulbs, since the sets were the cheapest I've ever seen, but the issue was that I could do with a selection of different types, and would have had too many with the 3x sets, never mind having to dump the extra bridges.

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Nothing, I need/want to buy a couple of things so had a quick look to see if they were on sale on amazon, going to check elsewhere today.

Will probably end up grabbing a game or two either from humble or gog or something during their current sales.

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just this for my mother.

[​IMG]

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Nothing.

14. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Dell all in one 7775 I had been eyeing up for a while.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

But... but... that's literally what Black Friday has always been.

I bought a shiny new knife.

[​IMG]

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Bought nothing. Not even food.

So like every other sale in the history of everything then.

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

An before black Friday you used to stash all those away till clearance. Mind you we used to "damage" boxes an hide them away in the warehouse somewhere no one goes like seasonal then come clearance you get it for silly money due to a damaged box and add the 12.5% discount (if you have a red discount card of course)

Me, picked up a Castelli Gabba jersey for cycling, list price £135, most places dropped it to around £80. Local bike shop were basically wanting rid so I paid £45, thats been it.

18. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

I'm down in the US, and managed to pick up a few things (some of which I was looking for, others were just too good of a deal to pass up).
    8TB portable drive to serve as my new backup (replacing a stack of ~15 120-750gig drives) for 150 $US
    120GB SSD for my dad - $40 (after $10MIR)
    4 port PCIe serial card - $27 (for working on network gear - old card didn't have win10 signed drivers - grr).
    64GB micro sd - $14
    2x google home mini - $29 each

There are currently a lot of deals on RX 580's that are tempting me, but I've barely been playing any games recently, so I can't decide if I should grab one or wait until they become unprofitable to mine with and the price tanks.

Edit: Apparently $190 (after $20 MIR) + Free Quake champions pack was enough to convince me. I'm soon to be (when the delivery fellow arrives) the proud owner of a PowerColor RED DRAGON Radeon RX 580 4GB.

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

A black/purple Vertagear chair form OCUK, was supposed to arrive on Monday (when I couldn't get time of work 'cos there's a training course being run) but it arrived early this afternoon instead :). Now I just need to get the bedroom furniture shifted around so I can use it (I hate siting on the edge of my bed to use the PC, doesn't do my back any good either)

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Fell for an Elgato Stream Deck for 30% off.

@Mister_Tad - Have you considered Ikea's "Tradfri" smart bulbs?
    They're a lot cheaper than Hue, and being Zigbee based, they will listen to an Echo once told to (not sure about Google Home though).