1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What did you LAST repair?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dude111, 1 Jan 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Not so much a repair is fix a design flaw. The cup below used at least once a day fills with water inside the casing which meat draining the cup after washing in an upright position and upside down which would be the usual draining position.

I remove the circle of felt covering the bottom, gave it a layer of silicon then added a circle of plastic tile and allowed the silicon to cure. Seems to be sorted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Does installing kitchen base units count?
    Actually did quite a good job kitting a corner unit in an area that annoying had the gas meter too!

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Spent five minutes last night with the sewing kit out, fixing a hole in a pair of lounge pants and another in the pit of an old T-shirt (the one you got free with the limited edition Simon the Sorcerer 1&2 CD re-release box set, fact fans.)

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

A few years ago my lady presented me with a nice mantel clock from the 30s. It was jammed. I asked if it was worth anything, she says no so I take the back plate off the mech. It exploded :D literally exploded with parts flying across the room, oh what fun :D

Any way I spent an hour or so on Ebay looking for a battery quartz mech with the same hands as the clock had originally, and then converted it to a modern mech. We keep it in the hall way on our display stand thing (art deco).

Any way, went to change the battery the other day and it had rotted. So I took it apart today and fitted a new mech.

Not terribly exciting, and only took about five minutes but hey we now gots a working clock again :) perfect for when you go for a pee and need to know the time :D

Whilst it probably wouldn't come under "repair" I did build a bike from the ground up. It's almost finished, just some adjustments and general tightening.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I repaired the garden... by removing the eyesore that was my old shed.

I also baked my son's GFX card, to get it running again.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

A waffle maker. Mmm!

7. walle

walle Minimodder

Stopped a crack from spreading in a our dining room table with two dovetail joints, it looks even better now.

8. killingit

killingit What's a Dremel?

My last repair was actually my monitor. Got hit with a major flood and my monitor's power brick got drowned. Fortunately, I was able to pry the adapter open, dry it up for 2 days. And it was functional again.

9. Valo

Valo Minimodder

Fixed a washing machine door.

10. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

You were lucky with that. If it were me something like that I would have bought a new power brick, they can be really nasty if they go up in smoke.

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Today I filed, glued and bent two entirely different (and broken) pairs of glasses into a single usable pair. They even looked nice when I was done.

The person the two broken sets belonged to was delighted, they'll be buying some new ones off me shortly...

12. afrasiab

afrasiab What's a Dremel?

I have fixed my tablet's charging port which was not working. now it is working fine

N17 dizzi likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You've just reminded me I need to put our drawer tray cover back on the washer. Gonna glue it this time, sick of it coming off now.

14. creative

creative 500rwhp

Had to fix the rx on my basher quad. Ripped the antennas from the board in a crash and pulled the traces off the signal pads.

a little micro surgery later you can see the repair in the first one...

[​IMG]

new antennas cut to length...

[​IMG]

and screw it all back together..

[​IMG]

Ready for the next crash!!

15. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Restored a pretty sad looking Rolleiflex Automat K4A to (some of) its original glory.
    - Cleaned fogged lenses (outside and the individual elements)
    - Replaced leatherette
    - Lubricated several parts
    - Fixed focusing mechanism
    - Installed new ground glass
    - Cleaned pretty much everthing
    - Repaired 1s, 1/2s and 1/500s shutter speeds
    - Repaired self-timer

... I think that's all. I only need to stitch a little part of the leather carry case back together and it's pretty much perfect I think.

Didn't want to spam the latest purchases thread with all the individual bits I got over the last few weeks, but I'll put a pic there of the final result tomorrow.

16. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

My gaming PC, I returned it back to Windows 7 :)

17. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Had to rebuild my rear bike wheel after the bearing collapsed on friday. Fun times.

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Recently I've been thinking of pushing my RAM overclock a bit more and I've been thinking about cooling the memory strips a bit better. I remembered that I have an old Corsair Dominator Airflow 3-fan RAM cooler tucked away somewhere but the small fans are starting to show their age and make a horrendows racket. So, I fixed it.

Oh, when I say "fixed"... :D

[​IMG]

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I've been frankenstein'ing a whole lot of devices together at work, since we have a roughly 5% failure rate on stuff that comes out of the box; I've been recovering about 30% of those failed devices into working ones, ready for use.

20. asura

asura jack of all trades

Looks good to me - couldn't you fit a Delta on there?