1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Street hemis rule!

3. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Enjoy your miniature hearse.

Ew.

4. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Love the Volvo! We've got a V70 at home, and I reckon the front of the C30 is pretty much picture perfect. The back... not so much, but at least it's good for further offending people you've just overtaken. For everyone that doesn't know, the reason the super-advanced Swede has that keypad is you can insert a SIM into the dash and dial from there if you so desire. I guess it probably also links to your phone over Bluetooth.

With the niceties out of the way, John, seriously. PT Cruiser? It sounds like something the cops would pull you over for and it's the ugliest of the modern retromobiles* which is quite a feat once you've seen the Plymouth Prowler's detailing. It was good when it came out - A DECADE AGO - but that was a long time ago in American car manufacture; just ask Saturn or Pontiac. Even with the Hemi it gets the thumbs down from me; you shoulda gone round to the Hemi Charger place and hotwired it.

*With the possible exception of the R56 MINI - the new new one - which is like the old new one that's had a bike pump jammed up it's exhaust and inflated to 110%. Plus every time I see the way the rear bumper doesn't quite cover the suspension I think of a fat girl in an inadvisably short dress. Ewww. What the hell, BMW? And cancel this stupid MINI 4x4 and the Clubman too, you brand-*******izing-jackasses!

5. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

no offense john, but PT Cruiser ftl. I'll take a toaster (Scion xB) over a PT Cruiser any day..

I wonder if anybody up northwest has a Prowler...

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I don't know about the northwest but Marilyn and Ryan's dentist lady back home drives a Prowler. Purple POS.
    Always draining the battery and needs a jump start. More electrical problems than I need. No roof, two different size wheels so no spare. No thanks.

I have a Schwinn Cruiser 5 that is more practical.:thumb:

john

7. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

lol, damn, didnt know it had that many issues :p

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

This. If Volvo had given it a decent rear end they would sell by the boat load. Its been a long time since i have seen a car that looked so nice from the front and so bad from the rear.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

ILOVE the C30... for that matter, if i could afford it when i bought my Fiat Bravo 150, i would have been hard pushed to chose between a C30 and a C180 Merc.
    Both of them weren't available second hand (new shape merc), and the 2.0 C30 (the small, lazy one we get... as opposed to the laternative - the T5) would've cost me close on 100K more than the Fiat.

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

John: PT Cruiser? Why??

I think you just bought the only good looking Volvo. Or half Volvo that looks good. I hate the back, but the front looks really nice.

11. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

We set out for Glasgow to buy a second hand car from Motorpoint when five minutes into our journey my wife asked if could just pop into the local dealership... the bank manager has since told me that was a big mistake!!!! ;)

Personally I like the overall design of the Volvo c30, well that is a given really as I've obviously bought one. Although I do admit that, just like marmite, you either love it or hate it.

I will say this about the luggage space... its nearly non-existant! A small suitcase will fit with a couple of small rucksacks. When I say small suitcase, I mean one that Easyjet and Ryanair will allow you to take on as cabin luggage. My Clio has more space for luggage. However we're not really worried about luggage space due to that Terrano II sitting next to the Volvo in our drive way. But if we drive down to Coventry (my wife's parents) or Cardiff (my parents) in the c30 then it might get a little tricky without putting the back seats down...

The doors are really long and open a long way out... if any of you ever buy one then be sure to park a bit further away from the car next to you at the supermarket.

It is however, the inside that got me going "wow". Admitedly mine is an R-Design (easily seen from the outside by the silver mirror covers and the badge on the front and back) so has a plush interior. Leather Cream/Grey seats, Cruise Control, Dual Zone Climate Control etc etc... It feels like a sports car inside, in fact it is sold as a sport coupe so I suppose it should do!

I did test drive a basic specification model that had the same engine as mine (1.6 Diesel EcoDrive) and found the drive to be excellent, the gear box the best I have ever used and for a 1.6 Diesel, very responsive and spritely. The 1.6 Diesel also comes in under the UK government emmissions target for £35 per year road tax - bonus!

null_x86,

Unfortunately it isn't a phone pad and is just a radio/cd controls. Volvo designers came up with a remote control-like control panel which looks different yet easy to use.

If I had bluetooth installed then the controls would be on the steering wheel just above the volume/track selectors on the right hand side. The LCD display which shows radio/cd/ipod status and other bits of information would also double as a call centre and phonebook when paired with a bluetooh phone.

My car doesn't have bluetooth link as I bought the showroom car (not a demonstrator) so it came as seen. The waiting list was three months if I wanted bluetooth built in. I got a bit of a discount and paid for the car before the VAT increase at the end of December thus the reason for not waiting. I didn't see the point in paying an extra £1,000 when I have a perfectly good bluetooth headset.

Unicorn,

Mine is an Volvo c30 R-Design 1.6 Diesel. The R-Design is one of the top of the range models for interior/exterior. There is a newer 2010 model of the R-Design that has different front lights and newer grill design but that is about it.

I would recommend the Volvo c30 as long as you don't need to get a childs push chair in the boot - you won't! Lovely car to drive and very responsive. My 1.6 Diesel is the bottom of the range in terms of engine power but it is still great performance and extremely low road tax. They do a 1.6, 2.0 and 2.4 in both Petrol and Diesel variants.

Condolencies in regards to your Clio, I thought mine might have been a write off a few years ago but thankfully the repair was less than it was worth so thankfully the insurance didn't write my clio off. Sorry to hear you didn't have such good fortune. Hope you're all okay though, that is the main thing.

12. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I really like the C30, shame there aren't more on the streets. I think they look funky from all angles (well before the 2010 redesign of the front lights!). :)

[​IMG]

They ruined it. :(

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yep they did ruin it...

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Agreed, the original C30 was much better. Although all their models had the same front pretty much. We have a v50 R design and it has one of the best looking front ends of any estate I know of.

ps. I just bought a Vectra... images to come once it's picked up. My 406 coupe will soon be for sale, I think I might cry.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I quite like the redesign - the original looked good, but that looks just as imo. :)

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I also kinda like the redesign... sets it apart from the others that had similar noses a bit... the Lancer, for example (no... not so much the evo... the normal, slowpoke lancer that's surprisingly popular here...)

17. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I guess it wouldn't hurt posting some updates to my ride....

tinted tail lights:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blacked and meshed grille:
    [​IMG]

4 hella roof lights:
    [​IMG]

made my own speaker pods, covered in black leather:
    [​IMG]

cross-drilled rotors w/ thermo-quiet brakes:
    [​IMG]

Blacked headlight trim (used to be chrome):
    [​IMG]

gauges changed from pea-green to blue:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

new 2.5 in exhaust w/ stainless tip:
    [​IMG]

Decals I made from white vinyl and cut out w/ exacto knife:
    [​IMG]

A couple more damage pics (since been repaired of course) :D

Backed in to in parking lot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Video:

Wood through back window:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

running a red light:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. SouperAndy

SouperAndy To Bumble or not to Bumble?

Last edited: 10 Mar 2010
  19. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Just been waxed and shiny:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks very nice mate, needs lowering about 40mm though imo. Got a bit of a high-riding look going on! :p