1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

Just got this....

A lamm Mini convertable...

[​IMG]

Converted by Janspeed Engineering at 8143 miles to ‘S' spec including twin 1 ¼ S.U. carburettors, Janspeed complete exhaust system, Big valve Ported gas-flowed head, Oil cooler and Twin Tanks.
    Engine replaced with better spec at 61,000 miles due to piston failure of no.4. Replaced with MG spec 1275 engine/transmission unit which has 10.5:1 compression, better flowing head, mild road/sport cam, 3.44:1 final drive differential and single big 1 3/4 carb to suit.
    Std Mini all round as per factory apart from front subframe is solid mounted.
    Interior
    All as factory including factory upgrade ½ leather trim front recaro's (very rare!), walnut fittings to dash and door cappings, rear seat belts, 4 speakers with Blaupunkt upgrade to rear shelfs, head unit Blaupunkt Kingston DJ with 12 disc unit for boot.

Only 75 of these were ever produced which Makes for an exceptionally rare car with the running costs of a Mini!

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Apr 2005
  2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Well this is my fathers car but I drive it on ocasion and I really love the feel of it. It is a 2002 Chevrolet Astro. She has a 4.3L v6 pushing out a mesly 190hp and a decent 384lb of tourque. The car is very sensitive on the pedal and is a gr8 city and highway cruser. The main purpose of this car is work as it is a work car as well as a family car. SHe can seat 8 fully grown adults and still fit enough bagage for all 8.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did not take a pic of the front end completly because I didnt feel like pulling it out the driveway.

I will be geting an SUV in the coming months so here is another reason to flame me....LOL

Last edited: 11 Apr 2005
  3. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

people who drive SUV's are compensating for something:D

get a F-350 those things are ****ing massive,you could tow a whole house with one

4. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

well i plan on geting a v6 suv. probly same motor as the astro..... PRobly a GMC youkon or something along those lines. Personaly I prefer siting on a larger vehicle rather than a tiny car. Reson being is that winter is hell here and I realy dont wana get stuck in snow. I seen way too many cars get stuck in snow this winter and I dont plan on doing that. another reason is because there is enough room to haul all my friends around when we want to go somewere.

5. Piratetaco

tiny cars are awesome for driving about in the city. i can park my tiny mirca in practically any space. although i would love a huge new stang because its the best looking 2005 car.(i saw a few when i was in canada and my god what an awesome looking car)

6. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

Been a while.
    Here's what I was driving a few months ago (mum's car):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I got a job (yay!) and a Ford Ka3 for a shade over £2000. It's an early model, 60k miles (done just over 1000 in 8 weeks myself), Air Con, CD Player, electric windows, PAS, ABS. Pretty nice. It's a tad rusty around the doors which could become a concern and has had some odd issues with the electrics which seem to have fixed themselves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last weekend the exhaust snapped in two behind the backbox and I had to get the whole lot replaced :wallbash: so it's a bit shinier round there now.
    I also replaced the real light clusters with smoked, and it sports a little boot spoiler like all the new ones have.

Lots of fun to drive on twisty roads (being a Ford it has nice handling) and is extremely good around town. I've had it up to 90MPH on the M4 without too much fuss either.

7. ViRuZO

ViRuZO What's a Dremel?

i do not want to offence you but IMHO ford Ka is a rubbish :baby:

8. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

Why? Have you ever driven one?

I never liked the look of them, but in actual fact they're great fun to drive - very quick in the lower gears, great handling on twisty roads and a reasonable gear-change.

9. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

My first car, not a huge fan of the Clio, the steering response is a pile of poo and the suspension travel is ridiculous, but it just the best I could afford including insurance (I'm 19 and male) and it does it's job well enough.

[​IMG]

I got a little over-enthusiastic on a wet corner and it's been in my mate's garage since a few days ago for obvious reasons.

10. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

looks like you'll be downgrading to a pushbike then ;)

11. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

you brits are weird haha.

12. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

[​IMG]
    This is the current 'drive'. Will have another built in a week or so (24" Revell street bike). Funny thing is, I could have had quite a car for the £2600 they will be worth.

13. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

heres mine

[​IMG]

this was before i added my shiny new Hayes HFX's hydraulics :D

as you can see thats a kryptonite NY chain ( ive had several attempts by would be thiefs.. I love LA)

I also had to replace the center bolts and repair the manitou shock.. from use...

14. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Cheers mate :thumb:
    Didn't realize how close to the edge it was wehn I stopped to take the pic..

16. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

My first car!
    Picked it up today, just need a driving licence.

[​IMG]

The white spots are from lense flare on the camera.

'doc

17. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Murdoc, any chance of pics of the interior? :)
    I'm thinking of getting the older 106 myself.

18. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

All Fords suck. Except the new Mustangs. '05 GT is where its at. Too bad every other Ford is crap.

19. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

Yer, will see what I can do later. The interior is a bit of mix between old and new, the switches are like on the new models, but as with a small car you get the exposed bodywork on the doors and its a bit angular, but on a whole it rocks :D

'doc

20. Piratetaco

er what about the
    RS200
    RS200 Evo
    Cossa
    Sierra Cossie
    GT
    GR-1
    old stang
    etc