1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It's a 207 1.4VTi Sportium, and it's blue. It's not the fastest out there, but it can keep up with the local chav population and put a few of them to shame. I just want to give it the understated look.

I think a good way to put it would be like MuderMod PC's a few years ago, extremely simple looking, nothing really standing out. Something like that really.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Some of the simple cosmetic changes you can make without spending an arm and a leg and "ricing it up" would include: lowering (nothing too crazy though), tinting the windows, smoking the head / tail lights, HID's, and rims. Our 2005 corolla Type S has had all of those done besides the rims, which my brother wants to get soon. The corolla isn't anything special, but stock it's extremely high, so lowering it 2 inches makes it look better, yet it isn't stupid low and still practical with speed bumps and such. We were going to drop it 3 but we felt 2 was enough.

Performance upgrades that I believe are reasonable to perform to any car would be an intake, some improved performance and they can improve the sound. Exhausts are a thing of the past for me, most of the imports around here slap on a crappy tin-can exhaust that makes a rediculous amount of noise that is more annoying than good. A good exhaust with a silencer / muffler combo to really lower the output can have an outstanding effect though. Other upgrades that I'd consider for any stock car would be head unit / sound system, though a lot of the newer cars have pretty decent stereos and connectivity, so unless you have a need for more bass, stock systems get the job done (granted, you have the upgraded sound package, not bone stock). One of my biggest pet peeves is when my friends pick me up in a baseline model car, crank up treble and bass, and the audio is just lifeless, yet they feel the need to turn the volume up and think it's amazing. I don't understand!

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

The joys of the spec line I bought, tinted window are standard and the stereo is a Clarion NX501E (sat nav, bluetooth, DVD player etc), and the speakers are definitely adequate enough.

I really have no intention on an exhaust, I like the 'sealed' look of the rear bumper with no tailpipe stuck out. Lowering is high on the to do lost, even if it is by and inch or 2.

Here's what it's like atm:

[​IMG]

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Your wheels are quite nice, obviously a well spec'd car to begin with. It's a well known fact that any wheels look 100% better when they're actually in the wheel arches though ;)

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Trust me, if I do get new wheels, they'll fit like they're ****ing meant to. They'd also be ones from Peugeot, I really like the 207 GTi wheels, It's just a case of finding some. as for the wheels I've got atm? If they were 16" I wouldn't touch them, but at 14" I just feel there's something missing, they remind me of the wheels used on style of wheel used on WRC cars when on tarmac circuits.

6. Unicorn

Those are 14"? They look like at least 15! Still, I agree that GTi wheels would look much better, same as the 16" Dynamique Canasta alloys on the Clio instead of the 15" Del Arte ones.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I've had my RX8 for three months now and, for some reason, I never did the maths to know the MPG that I get and... well... I kinda wish I hadn't ! 13MPG guys. It's what I get

That car is ****ing expensive to drive :hehe:

edit : those are US gallons so... If I do the maths in the oh-so-better metric system, it's more or less 17L/100KM. Ouch.

My 4cyl Accord gets 10L/100KM. That's still more than a god damn Ford Explorer with a 3.5L V6 0.o

Last edited: 26 Jul 2013
  8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

yep, that rotary is a thirsty bugger...

9. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

That must be some pretty heavy footing, a few of my friends have rx8s and they are around 24mpg 28 on the motorway

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I checked fuelly and i'm just slightly bellow average. US/Imp gallon difference, maybe ?

Also yes, heavy footing indeed. What else is there to do ?

11. Unicorn

IKR? I would give my eye teeth for an RX7 or RX8 at the moment. There are plenty of cars above it on the "want" list, but it is on there :)

12. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

13MPG is a small price to pay for Cewlness.

13. Unicorn

Fixed ;)

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

US gallon is smaller than ours, he's getting about 10 mpg (Imperial Gallons)

That is some serious lead foot driving there, or you're running super rich. Maybe time to look at the MAF (or similar), as even for a rotary that's a little nuts.

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

50mpg is quite achievable in the Beat although it's almost silly how often you have to fill it up.

I'm half tempted to drop it a bit as it does look a bit silly stock. Price of springs, sorting out the wheels and added insurance premium (although now I'm with Flux) kinda stop any of those ideas in their tracks though.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If it wasn't a non-sport type vehicle I'd say go to Greenlight. So long as the mods don't add more than something like 10% of factory power then they don't give a hoot what you do to the car, although they obviously need to know about anything.

Heard Flux can be a bit of a **** to get a payout from - Although that was from RS bods.

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Having just seen the cost of some new tyres, I think I'll be waiting to change the wheels until I need to replace the tyres.. they're a lot more than I thought..

18. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I was eyeing up RX8s for my next car seeing as how ridiculously cheap they are now (thought it might make the commute a bit more fun) and it was actually the economy that put me off after I worked out how much money I would have to spend burning fuel just to get to work and back.

I've heard/read that you really have to work the engine otherwise they are actually reasonably tame to drive. Decided to avoid anyway.

19. Unicorn

Price of coilovers for mine is £500. That one's on the long finger :/

I will keep Greenlight in mind when I go to change. I'm almost certain that AXA will charge me a massive premium for modifying the vehicle in any way.

Adrian Flux is a joke from what I've heard. They have a sub-forum on one of the GT4 clubs I'm a member of and they basically got booted by the club for having such shocking customer service and being so hard to claim from.

My 16" wheels will cost £480+ shipping. Some good Toyo rubber for them will be £80 per tyre+ fitting. Yes, I'll be leaving mine for a while too :worried:

That goes for pretty much all N/A engines, probably more so the rotary.

20. Unicorn

Doubles - please delete.