1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

2. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

[​IMG]
    I still remember the day I shared my pining for one of these with KidMod. How time flies??

1 Years MOT today, cheers to it.

3. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

The alloys really set that off fuss. Looks lovely.

No new updates here - still have the A4, and sold the Triumph Spitfire when I moved. Pining after a 60's Chevelle though...

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Liking the Caddy fuus, nice to see one that isn't "stanced" and spoilt. Someone in our town owns one which is obviously just a workhorse and gets parked on the street, which then gets all the local dubbers parking next to it to pretend they're at a meet... Tragic.

What engine has it got?

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Car people of bit tech. What are your thoughts on smart cars. I live in London and am thinking about getting something tiny to shoot about the place.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Parge - had one for a bit and loved it. My brother has one, as does my MiL. All Merc built ones - heaps of fun and, IMHO, a great zipping about car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

I tried one, and the gearbox takes forever to change gear, but you get used to it, and you can help it by letting off on the throttle while it is changing gears..

I want to put a Suzuki Hayabusa engine into one thou.. that looks sweet!

8. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Here is my car.
    a bit dirty, but I've got the summer-wheels on :) (lets hope the snow does not return)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want a facelift-kit painted in "reflex-silber" for my birthday..

9. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Buy a Roadster instead, much better for summer ;)

I like Smartcars, the 2 seater and not the 4 seater, never owned one but always think about buying one 'just because' especially the older 'City' ones, for less than 1k, it just looks like it might be a good car for fun lol

10. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I was considering getting a raodster after I finish uni since I won't need to lug stuff around. From what I've read about them, they're not as practical as you might think (although, being a small car, it's going to have a lot of benefits), but good fun to drive, so long as you don't mind the terrible tiptronic box.

Currently looks like the DVLA isn't going to renew my license (medical reasons) so that probably isn't going to happen now. :(

11. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

The fortwo with the folding roof is pretty decent, too (for a tall man haha) - and as regards the gearbox etc, I forget what we had modded, but we certainly had the ECU remapped and a new induction system and exhaust fitted - it was quick! I never drove it on 'auto' though - it was painful!

12. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

1.6 diesel. 54 horsepower, yeah babyyyyyyy :clap:

I'd love to drop a 1.9TD in it, but insurance makes that simply impossible at the age of 19 without serious ££.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Thought my clutch had gone which was under warranty as it was just stuck in reverse and wouldn't move... turns out its the gears that had gone and it's going to cost me £350 for a car i can't even afford the insurance on... or the £20 a day in petrol it cost me daily... That's without the steering fluid leak and cracked wind screen...

Been offered a ford fiesta 1.3 2007 for £1500 and i can raise about half of that with selling all my stuff... which would be less petrol, less insurance £2 tax a month... hopefully i do well at this interview in 28 minutes... :p

14. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

When the car in front dumps all its oil while doing 80mph.

[​IMG]

Luckily we managed to avoid said car, but resulted in kissing the armco instead, by some stroke of luck the damage is superficial, everything runs just fine and no twists (on first inspection), as I managed to avoid going in head on, pushing it into the nearside front corner, so our crash bar took the brunt.

A shame.

Thankfully, with a top end 4 points harness, and Hans, and full cage in the car both myself and co walked away from the car, with little more than stiff shoulders.

The Nova driver even bought me a coffee.

:rock:

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Argh, hurts to look at Bennie. What was it? I know you've posted it before but I can't keep track.

Also what circuit were you on? I worry about things like this at track days and even competitive events. I've seen rally and race cars written off because of other vehicles on the track or course, be it oil or fuel leaks or just plain stupid driving :(

16. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

It's this Uni, whatever 'this' is.

17. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

It's a risk Uni for sure, one that you have to accept before hand. It could have been me dumping oil. The fact is we all walked away and live to tell the tail.

I can buy and fix cars, can't fix me or others as easily.

It's a shame too as it was a rare day when all the drivers where experienced, just hard lines for him and me.

Sometimes especially on track days people laugh when I rock up with all the safety gear, incident like this reinforce why I wear HANs, OMP 4 point race spec harness and full cage with side impact bars on all my cars.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

To be honest, the Merc built side of things does concern me – got images of being stung with huge repair bills everytime something goes wrong. Roadster doesn’t appeal to me really, since it’s a city car – maybe open fortwo though?

I’d just like something cheap to insure/run that can get me around London and back to Surrey for the occasional weekend.

Do the older (2005 etc) era models have a reputation for being unreliable/reliable?

19. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

I need to get home to post a piccy of my little 1.2 09 Clio.... Just passed my test and its serving its purpose so far :)

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Boo, it needs some of these instead:

[​IMG]