1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I agree on the OSRAM NB bulbs, I'm running the NB UNLIMITED in the van at the moment and they're brilliant.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I'm sure that I put NB Unlimited in the Fiesta. They're cracking.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

The NB Umlimiteds look pretty good think ill grab some for the low beams I played with some LED sidelights which were meant to be CANBUS safe but weridly when I locked the car they strobe in time with the red alarm active light on the dash :rolleyes:
    Running silvertec indicators bulbs though which give a funky reflection when not in use.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

OSRAM the brand to go for then?

I need to start plotting what lights are going in the RS and I've got less than no idea. Normally I buy Bosch.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Osram nightbreakers are the de-facto choice for high beam. I've given up with dipped beam now, just bang whatever reasonably-priced ones fall to hand.

Assuming, of course, that you can't retrofit an OEM xenon setup into the RS. If you can I'd do that, forsaking all other options.

6. liratheal

You can, but they fail the MOT now - No headlight washer jets.

My main reason for not doing it is I can't be arsed with the faff, because the xenon headlamps are from the facelift models, so they have the indicator in the unit unlike the RS/pre-facelift models, so you have to split the unit apart and replace the orange lense with the chrome effect ones from standard RS lights.

Then there's the challenge in finding some - You'd be lucky to get a good set without bulbs/ballasts for £300

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I was looking at a Xenon upgrade but yeah having to source a new bumper etc not worth the work. They also need to be self levelling

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just got a Ford Focus 1.6 diesel Titanium. Had a Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost before and had poor MPG and got roughly 360 miles per tank on careful driving. Now getting just under 600 miles per tank on the same style of driving and not much difference to fill the tank, a few quid more is acceptable. loving the new car.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

So all these little turbo charged engines don't seem to be doing very well then?

My mums Fiat 500 Twinair also doesn't get anywhere near the quoted MPG, thought the ecoboost was a bit better.

360miles per tank = ~40MPG, about the same as the twinair.

Isn't the fiesta much more fun to drive than a boring diesel focus? :D

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The Fiesta was a nippy little car for a 1.0 but the turbo did help but nothing mind blowing, i would guess i was getting 44MPG in the fiesta. It used to annoy me filling up. I like my diesel and will not go back.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Balls to that if there's no washer jets! Ah well, Nightbreakers are about as good as you can get in my experience. :)

12. liratheal

My thoughts exactly!

I'll give them a whirl, then.

13. Unicorn

Laws differ slightly here in NI when it comes to retrofitting HIDs. It's even more difficult to get them through MOT here than on the mainland. Bottom line, my next daily has to have xenons fitted from the factory. It's not that OSRAM halogens aren't good enough for the job, but I just love HIDs! :cooldude:

14. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Once my lease is up in August I'm deciding between a 220i coupe or 220i Active Tourer MPV not too sure yet.

15. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Always been a Focus fan, was going to get a Estate but went for a Hatachback. Very happy with it.

16. liratheal

I'm the other way - I find halogens perfectly fine! I'm also sick of being blinded by people with poorly aligned HID units..

17. Unicorn

I would never own a car with them fitted and drive it when they weren't properly aligned, just like I won't drive with a headlight out for a second longer than I need to; a spare pair of OSRAM NB Unlimited bulbs lives in the centre console of the van at all times!

Once you've driven a car which has Bi-Xenon headlights with AFL (adaptive forward lighting) for a few hundred miles at night, you want it on everything you drive! Well, that's how it was for me anyway.

18. GMC

GMC Minimodder

I hear you on that. Especially rough in a low car when your head is about level with the headlights on most other cars.

They are much nicer for the driver but truly unpleasant for other road users.

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

This a thousand times, also not just the poorly alligned ones - many newer cars (esp Mercedes) are simply too bright.

20. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Another great weekend, and more video footage.