1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Monster

Monster What's a Dremel?

you must have had a lot of people giving you graduation money.
    damn

2. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

That is amazingly poor for a 2.2 (140bhp at wheels)
    :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

I have a golf GTi 1.8 16valve DOHC
    Lowered 60mm
    New Top and Bottom end now
    Supersprint exhaust
    15" Alloys
    140bhp @wheels
    135mph top speed at the moment
    Heated front seats
    Racing air filter
    Full pheonix install

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now i know someone is gonna say its ricey or something but the only bits i will agree to are the windscreen wiper and the green lights which are being sorted out soon. The rest is all standard kit for a Golf GTi

3. Monster

Monster What's a Dremel?

This is mine although there has been a lot of stuff done on it since the pic was taken

[​IMG]

I've always wanted a car like the barbie car I had when I was little.
    = convertible

4. penski

penski BodMod

Slick13 - your car wouldn't break 130mph ;)

*n

5. Yakpimp

Yakpimp What's a Dremel?

Fords are crap, but a mustang is a different breed of ford, it is totally different, I got one too, and I woulnd't ever say it was crap.

6. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

we have had this debate before and already established that you know nothing when it comes to cars.

Also i don't see you sitting in the car with me watching the speedo clock over 130.

So i suggest you go and sit back in your corner.
    :thumb: :thumb:

7. Yakpimp

Yakpimp What's a Dremel?

this is back when I was gonna sell it last spring, but decided not to.

[​IMG]

8. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

you gotta love those mustang cobras, my dads mate has one and its great to drive and gives the best sound. I have to admit sitting in a leathered car and snuggling behind some beastly power is always a good feeling.

Nice car
    :thumb:

9. Monster

Monster What's a Dremel?

that is one sexy car :thumb:

10. penski

penski BodMod

another 6mph top end from a 'racing air filter' ;)

*n

11. Yakpimp

Yakpimp What's a Dremel?

thank you.

12. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

well quoted.

Well had you taken the time to ask about my car instead of claiming to "know" it wouldn't go above 130 then you would be enlightened.

I have rebuilt the bottom end, this makes the cars top end increase as all of the seals are brand new, it also has a new crankshaft therefore making the difference in acceleration and sustainable speed. Having the topend redone aswell has further increased the sustainability of the car, seeing as it has had the head skimmed and all of the valves replaced and new pistons.

ONCE all of this was done it was placed on a rolling road and had the engine timings all reset and calibrated to give best performance. All of the valves were aligned and the mapping of the fuel line, fuel/air mixture and watercooling were programmed in. Having a racing air filter is purely to make the engine "suck" harder in order to give it a better pressure level inside the engine and thus the compression in the combustion chambers would increase resulting in a more powerful explosion. The car was then run in for 1500 miles to make sure that the shells wouldn't warp (know what they are??) and then sent to the rolling road again to get some performance figures. As said before the car puts out 140BHP at the wheels and hit 135mph before being bought slowly down to a full stop.

I think you should try asking the person that actually drives the car to explain how they achieved the top speeds rather than quoting a figure from a book mate then maybe you would have some credibility when it comes to motors IMHO.

13. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

ok, lets not get bitchy.

14. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

sorry its just annoying when ppl think that they no better by reading a book.

I meant no bitchiness, just to make a point.

15. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I'm afraid that you are about to find out that Penski does in fact know a lot about cars, and especially 16v VW's :yawn:

anyhoo... MPH's do vary... I got way more MPH out of my 156 than whats quoted on sites etc etc, It depends on where you drive, and the condition of the engine, the 156's engine was getting on to 100,000 miles so it was as loose as an essex girl :D

16. penski

penski BodMod

I helped my dad build, race and run one for six years...I know the engine pretty much inside out. The main problem with the mkII is it's brick-like aerodynamics more than anything. An essential blueprint of the engine as you stated resulting in standard hp (well...one more) and unquoted torque levels would a, give more bhp than you stated (somewhere around 145-155bhp at the wheels [taken from experience with three different engines]) and b, improve the torque levels a little (from the raised compression) but not a huge amount.

Fitting new seals does nothing to the car's top end when you compare it to what the car did when it came out the factory...What you did was essentially a blueprint plus remap then tacked on an air filter.

If the crank was non-standard, who was it by? degrees et cetera...

Did you bother swapping out cams? If so, what to? (degrees, lift et cetera et cetera...)

You skimmed the head - what did you take the compression to?

Black mkII (1991), Tall block 16v, bored and stroked to just over 2.4l, 9,000rpm, tuned length inlets and exhaust, twin throttle bodies, Cosworth grey injectors, ECU binned for a new electronic ignition system mapped from scratch and with a few pre-selectable settings...one for track, one for road et cetera, some pretty wild, lumpy cams, larger valves, hardened valve seats, Quaife 6 speed sequential box with swappable cogs for differing ratios and Quaife LSD, standard BBS rims with Yoko's for road use, white 16" Compomotive MOs for track use, all sound deadening and underseal removed, all interior removed, full cage installed and swaged to pillars, rear bench put back in place, Momo wheel and Sparco seat, standard passenger seat, packet of mint imperials in the glovebox, front end of car removed and replaced with spaceframe, engine mounted to the spaceframe, dual wishbone suspension and LEDA adjustable coilovers, rear lower end removed and given similar treatment, boiled sweet wrappers removed from the little bin in the back seat, an engine rebuild most weekends, over 300bhp, Lancia 037 style nose extension to make it less brck like, flat floor, rear diffuser, and a pine fresh thing hanging from the rear view mirror.

I've probably missed something...

*n

17. penski

penski BodMod

Oh, yeah...This was the family runaround monday to friday...

*n

18. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

I do believe that is the best example of pwn4g3 that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

19. penski

penski BodMod

Now where did I put that book... :rolleyes:

*n

20. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I've got one of those. Tis bloody great for masking the smell of fags.