1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you guys think

Discussion in 'General' started by BrokeEnthusiast, 6 Jan 2006.

1. BrokeEnthusiast

BrokeEnthusiast What's a Dremel?

Ok well I have modded many computers in my day but these last 2 years i kind of have gotten out of it. I was waondering if i can have some input from you guys. What do you think i should do. Im going to college this fall and i have some of my computer parts left over and i was thinking about selling them but before i do I was wondering if i should build another rig. I want something small but cooled properly. something that can play games but be used for school/work. If i did this it would have to be relatively cheap but not out of date. I was thinking about something like a DFI lanboy mobo, AMD 3200, some kind of PSU, and a GeForce 6800 GT. I dont know what kind of case but something small I was thinking about a Shuttle but i just want some opinions.
    since im going to college should i build a gaming rig to pass some time but be practical that i can afford it and still do my work on? or should i keep my laptop and sell the parts that i have and just forget about it?

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I would say a laptop can be a desktop replacement if you don't game, if you do then a laptop is good as a secondary PC, a Shuttle sounds like a good option if you want small and portable.
    A shuttle is as good as any full ATX system, but overclocking will be limited.

3. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Not everyone overclocks.

If you're going to college don't make your gaming rig too good. You'll find it hard to drag yourself away to do your studies.

4. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

I agree, but its also a matter of self controll, if you say you wouldnt be gaming while you should be studying i think it would be good choice, if youve got a major where you might need a CAD program i would deifinately go for the second rig. And i think it would be nice to have a desktop aside your laptop just for safekeeping. Its also good if you have limited space on your laptop, you could Keep that one just for school and work.