1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you pay for Petrol?

Discussion in 'General' started by wahlee33, 20 Jun 2005.

1. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

[​IMG]

2. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I pay $2.47/gallon here for the high octance fuel (93/94 octane).

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Same here. (BTW american octane is different than UK)

Dad, who still sells 94? Sunoco was the only place i knew that had it but when NY switched to E10 based gas the 94 dissapeared.

4. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

you mean redx

its a highly corrosive fuel system cleaner. sure it cleans your engine and does a good job. but what ever coatings are in your cylinder that are put on by manafactures or the oil ect will be gone thus meaning build up will occure faster than it should. ( say after 10k miles natural build up occours then you redx it you will have to do again in a few 1000 miles to keep it clean) meaning to keep your engine clear and working you will eventually have to put it into every tank costing you £10 more per tank

Note: i know nothing and am talking out my ass.

5. PaulW

PaulW What's a Dremel?

damn that stuff would send my car into a hissy-fit! its mapped to run 98/99 octane (shell optimax range)

95RON is the regular unleaded here!

6. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Yea, I know it's different. The manual for my Volvo says that it requires a high-octane fuel (91 min) to run correctly, but that's UK octane which I don't know the difference. So I buy the good stuff and don't worry about the cost difference.

The Sunoco near my house still has 94 octane. Well, at least I thought they still do - I usually go to Mobil as I have a SpeedPass. In fact, the Sunoco near me also has 100 octane at the pump for about $5/gallon.

7. RTT

RTT #parp

Around here it's 87p/l (£3.28/gallon : $5.97 USD/gallon)

8. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

:O
    All the sunocos near me changed Ultra from 94 to 93. Ive never seen a 100.

/me plans on driving to Dads and stocking up on 100.

Oh yea and your volvo is 91 american octaine.

9. zx2assassin

zx2assassin What's a Dremel?

I pay $2.15 for 89(american) octane and it costs around $25-$29 to fill up my tank and usually between 250-300 miles per tank of gas

10. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

The gas station I'm talking about is about a 2-minute drive from NYS Thruway Exit 40 so if you are going past Syracuse and heading towards Rochester / Buffalo, stop by and fill up. There is a pretty big dirt track near me, so I figure they have the 100 octane for the race cars. I've been too scared to put it in my car though ;)

I don't know. Here's what it says...

Volvo engines are designed for optimum performance on unleaded gasoline with an octance rating, AKI of 91, or above. AKI is an average of the Research Octane Number, RON, and the Motor Octane Number, MON, (ROM+MON/2). The minimum octane requirement is AKI 87 (RON 91).

I think that the US uses the AKI (RON+MON/2) scale, so regular 87 octane should be fine, but I've found I get 3-4mpg better milage with the good stuff.

11. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

yea in america its R+M/2, so plain old 87 is fine but like you said, i also get better mileage out of 93.

12. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Actually, I am wrong, just checked with someone and diesel is less flammable that unleaded, but there is a difference in flammability.

13. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Eh, $2.04 here at my workplace :(. I guess its alright, though if you look around hard enough, you will find $1.95 :)

14. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

1.41 euro per litre here.......

15. Redwolf

Redwolf Supermodel

$2.68 where I live for regular, they have come down a bit $2.46 but its for a short time it is always going up.

16. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

its 2.29 per gallon right now by my house... with the news i read today of Oil per barrel going to about $60 im going to see a definate increase in prices.

17. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

what he said!

if you think its a lot to run a car over there, and that fuel prices are too high over there (states) you should come over here with a nice big v8 or something and see how far you will get for your $$$'s :sigh:

/me wonders how many mpg's i can get on my bike :duh:

18. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

$0.58 a liter (Idaho, USA) or $2.19 gallon

thats cheap imo

I wish it was 4.00 a gallon

that way &^%!! suv's would cost a crap load to fill up

or a hummer h2 would cost $140 to fill up
    www.fuh2.com

19. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

here it is about 1 dollar for 1 litre (0,25 galons) .... so... horrible.... :worried:

20. Redwolf

Redwolf Supermodel

what you guys don't realized is that we went from $1.65 to $2.50 a gallon in a matter of months thats why alot of people complain (including me) I live in souther california when I go to Nevada a 3 hour drive the price of gas is $1.95 in some places and back in CA its $2.68 I had to quit my last job because I had to drive 25 miles to get to work and I din't have money left over because gasoline is so expensive.