1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Does your Desktop look like?

Discussion in 'General' started by alipuk, 11 Mar 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. |Jedi|

|Jedi| New Member

2. NuTech

NuTech Well-Known Member

Works for me. Sure you're using the latest version of WinRAR?

3. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

isnt for me, im now using it, i have been using my old one for 4 or more months now...:)

4. |Jedi|

|Jedi| New Member

i'm using last version of WinAce

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Im using win rar

6. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i'm sorry, but that one sik posted is blatantly racist. not artistic, just racist. i feel you brits dont react very strongly to the clan and images such as these. I had to grow up with this hate crap, half my family is black. I did offend me. quite bad.
    I also feel that ignorance is no excuse. the clan is bad, m'kay?

7. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

dont worry mate i feel the same

the thing is we dotn have the kkk over here we have otehr racist groups instead so the kkk does not really shock as much as say combat 18 would over here

8. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

It also offended me, even though I'm not black (for lack of a better term). I have several african-american friends, though, and they would be devistated to see such a thing.

Not to be mean or anything, but how anyone can see that as art is totaly beyond me.

And here I thought the community here at BiT was beyond this petty stuff :wallbash: :wallbash:

9. |Jedi|

|Jedi| New Member

i'm asking again :blush:

10. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

11. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Active Member

i've been "tweaking" and reworking the desktop i posted before and though i'm still not quite done, i think it's coming along quite nicely :D what does everyone think? (and if you're thinking its a mac because of the taskbar, think again - its not ;) )

also, something i just added that i really like is where the bit-tech threads are, they're actually "clickable" so i can open the threads from my desktop!! :eeek: :D

[​IMG]

any suggestions for it? the middle seems like it needs something, but i can't figure out what.....

12. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

I think the problem is as sam said, the fact that they don't have the clan over there it doesn't "hit home" as it were.
    TBH, while I don't like seeing the image I can see it as art... for one and only one reason.
    The irony that more than half of the people standing around are black b/c of the nature of the picture... thus innadvertantly portraying themselves as the very thing they're standing against...
    but that's just my sight of it...

anywho, w00t for SuSE!
    [​IMG]

13. Yo-DUH_87

Nice, how did you manage that, something built into vBulletin? What programs are you using there?

/me needs to customise his desktop after his last reload, it is looking very bare at the moment :waah:

14. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Active Member

well, i'm using coolmon for all the stats. there's an extension for coolmon that "snatches" info from vbulletin forums (which, of course, bit-tech is) and puts it into a txt file that coolmon can read. coolmon also has codes for links. so basically, its the same thing you do to make a normal url link, but the coding is slightly different (same principle though). if you ever get into coolmon, i'll help ya set it up :thumb:

and can anyone think of what to do with the center of my desktop? its still buggin me :wallbash:

15. Yo-DUH_87

Thanks, I'd appreciate the help!

Well, before the last reload I was using coolmon (screenshot), just haven't gotten around to setting it up again. Running all those 3rd party apps kinda made the system a bit bloated, but I would like to try again and get myself into a customised enviroment again (getting fed up with the default).

All these nice 3rd party applications, not enough monitor room :p

16. sik

sik Banned

For all those who were offended: I don't care.

I'm sorry, I just don't.

17. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

18. NuTech

NuTech Well-Known Member

No there isn't. Only inbred white people.
    Why not? What if I came to your house, killed you and raped your family. Would you care then?
    Thanks for that. BTW, you're the L33t one here (think about it) ;).

19. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Can't say I'm all for that wallpaper either.

Not only does the KKK promote racism, it promotes homophobia which is just as bad.

C'mon guys... it's the 21st century.. haven't we moved on at all? :(

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Its down to personal morality.

It's not a *nice* picture, but i can see the artistic value. NOT something id want on my desktop though as i would NEVER want to be assosiated with anything like that.

However, if they were different people, burning something else in a black and white photo like that, then, yea, i would appreciate the artistic value more.

Tbh saying you dont care is pretty damn ignorant. You could at least acknowledge the fact of what it is and peoples disgust of that, even though you (maybe?) arent assosiated or interested in what they do and "like" it for a different meaning.

IMO Its like having an "artistic" picture of someone jumping out of the world trade centre on your desktop, or a lynching - just something IMO you dont do, reguardless of the "hmm, Ooo" factor of the picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.