1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what film TV show UK

Discussion in 'General' started by lord nicon21, 18 Aug 2005.

1. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

right a number of years ago there was a film/show on tv and it was about a computer game.

it was about the game where he stroked he victimes (in the game) and some else was stroking his victimes in really life so the people he killed in the game died in real life. i think it was set in the uk.

could anyone help me find out what it was or ask soem Qs

i really want to find out what it was.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Probably that Linda la Plante flick. Can't remember the title but it was atrocious --sort of a total n00b's idea of what computer games and VR are all about, pulling out all the cliches and a making a cheap play on the fears of ignorant public misperception. Given that she is ordinarily a decent crime writer, it was a real disappointment and looked like she had written it while recovering from a radical lobotomy.

Special effects were the worst ever, too.

3. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

lol that might be the one could you find out the name of it :)

4. NuTech

NuTech Well-Known Member

It was a terrible mini-series called Killer Net. All it accomplished was a pathetically small controversy about the 'danger' of video games and probably pushed the viewer's opinion of the internet back a couple of years (during which, was a pretty crucial time period internet-wise). Good thing virtually no one watched it :D.

They styled it similar to games like 7th Guest/11th Hour (read: blatant rip). The 'in game' sequences were laughable too, they simply filmed live footage and dropped the bit-rate until it was 'blocky' enough to pass as a CG image.

If anyone wants to know what it was like, think of the fantastic Night Trap only much, much worse. And yes, I did buy the MegaCD ;).