1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics What Graphics Card should i go for?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wavefront, 8 Nov 2008.

1. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

After about 2 and ½ years iv finally decided that its time to upgrade my old 7800GT to something a bit more Jazzie the only problem is im having some trouble deciding what card to get (there just to much choice) iv got a few requiems I need for work ect so it though id ask all of you what you think I should go for?

IV got a top price of about £150 (+ a bit more for a silent mod if needed) and there are 2 important things

1. I Hate noise so I rely quirt card would be grate though I don’t want to get down the water cooling route

2. I want a geForce with PhysX as I’m I work as a digital modeler and animator in Maya and I want to use the physics part of the card for the new nParticle system unless ATI has a supported equivalent

Oh and paying Crysis at full specs would be nice ;)

Thank you

Ben :)

Hears My Computers Spec:
    Memory: 2048 MB
    CPU :AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
    Current GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
    PSU: 350w Nexus-3500 PSU (I don’t know if I need to upgrade it?)
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI Premium

2. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

at that price may be able to pick up 250gtx 192 core
    if they haven't all sold out
    otherwise i'd say get cheapest 4850 you can find and stick the akasa blue cooler onit, but your not interested in ATI so your going to have to poney up some more cash or wait