1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What guitar do you have?

Discussion in 'General' started by CaseyBlackburn, 14 Feb 2007.

1. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

1994 Squier Strat, must be the best guitar I've ever had. It has an amazing story though.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    When I first went to secondary school (or high school, take your pick) I also had music classes. And they had this nice, off-white squier strat there, and I fell in love with it really. So I dragged my mum's old acoustic out of the loft, and started to teach myself how to play. 6 years later, a friend of mine traded the strat + 100 euros for an old les paul copy (which is a totally different story) and a pretty thin sounding bass. He then realised he much preferred the sound of his tele and offered the very guitar that got me started to me. For very little money, only 125 euros for the strat and a botched up fretless bass guitar.

However, that bass does have a fender Jazz pickup so it sounds fabulous. :D Anyway, I have the guitar that got me playing, and it's a great feeling, like my guitarishness has come full circle or something.

I don't use that tiny amp, I have my GT-8 (love that beast) rigged straight to a flat range HiFi amplifier with two wharfedale speakers and an overpowered subwoofer hooked up. GT's in repair now though, some arsehole kicked the volume knob in and sheared the pot off the PCB :(

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've got a Tanglewood Tomkat IIJ which I bought fairly cheap about 5 or 6 years ago. I bought it too learn on and I still can't play anything much (besides Metallicas Nothing Else Matters) but I find it really relaxing just trying to play along to whatever I'm listening to (even if I can't play it).

I want to upgrade to a Line 6 Variax 700.

I use a Femder Frontman 25R amp and A Line 6 POD2 effects box.

My dad's acoustic is kicking around somewhere.

Also got 2 Guitar Hero guitars (1 wired / 1 wireless) for the PS2.

3. ZenX

ZenX How are you gentlemen?

Oh, i did buy the Ibanez, and I think it rocks (literally). Got an Ibanez TB15R amp. Yeah, i know it's tiny but it was cheap and I can't afford something like a 6-feet Marshall :D. Plus I live at my parents (I'm 15) and can't play very loudly.

4. Been

Been New Member

Cool. small amps are what you want for practise, the big ones you need to turn right up so that they work the valves if you want those to sound best.

If you've got any questions or problems don't be afraid to PM me, anyone else or start a thread so it's subject to discussion.

5. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

TB15 huh? Hell, I have the pre-predecessor to that model, the good old IBZ10 tin can guitar amplifier :D

6. bumfluff

bumfluff New Member

[​IMG]

I have an Ibanez GRG170DX, the cheapest Ibanez around so I can learn to play and start my own band.

7. ZenX

ZenX How are you gentlemen?

Yeah thought so too. Well, just gotta find myself a teacher and then see what happens next