1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best computer game music EVER?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 10 Sep 2007.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

hey i've met that dude and he's a legend! at VGL 2007 london!

2. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Hehe awesome. All I meant was that playing blindfolded to a trained musician really doesn't add a great deal of amazement. After playing any instrument for a while, you no longer have to look at what you're doing - it just comes naturally. As such, to me the thing that amazed me about his performance was how fluid he was, working in things like the sounds you hear when you collect coins or 1ups. The blindfold never really does it for me.

... Why do I get the feeling I'm going to really regret saying that last sentence...

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

i love blindfolds, they're great fun with the missus... oh, that's not what you meant... and i didn't mean your missus, i meant my missus...let's stop digging shall we? ;)

watching him live though is something very cool, i totally get where you're coming from, but he's so damn fast on the piano and plays with charisma (very important in a live performance) and his rendition of final fantasy VII bought my friend to tears.

4. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Oh I couldn't agree more. I'm a classical musician myself - and there have been performances I've either been involved in or gone to watch, and even though the performer hits every note perfectly, they murder the performance, as there's just no real feeling there.

5. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

200+ hours of it for me, and I STILL put it on my Ipod lol