1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What is the Best Gaming Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 11 Dec 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Actually, once you get used to the possibility of a screen showing some extra info while your main monitor stays in-game, you will keep thinking of extra stuff to put on there. I always have my music player, some RSS feeds and PC monitoring software (temps/usage) all crammed in there. When i'm playing multiplayer, skype/ventrilo/whatever i use is added to that. The G19 can do some of that, and the inclusion of it is nothing to be overlooked, it really is helpful.

And the cost of that screen plus a better keyboard adding up to the same as a G19 is exactly my point. The real estate taken up isn't that dramatic, but the extra functionality is. Once you have it, you'll never wanna let go. Proven by:
    :D

Sorry for the thread hijack :p

3. Gremlin

Gremlin New Member

4. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Next up is G9000, with a 9000" screen to display whatever you want.

5. enikmaster

enikmaster New Member

I've tested a Steelseries 7G and I just loved it. The keys were just excelent and it was flawless. But I agree that it lacked some gaming features like macro buttons. And then I've discovered Gigabyte GK-K8000. It's almost the same but with a lot more features. I've heard it has a lower price that the Steelseries but has a lot more to offer rather than just the awsome quality.

And a LCD on a keyboard? I've two monitores plugged to my pc and I play only with one so the second could always be used for that aditional "stuff". And if I'm playing I'll have my eyes super-focused on the screen, not that tiny lcd...

Adnoctum, I know what you mean, I've a 22" and a 20" LCD screens and it's just great. Plus, de 20" is an Apple, wich adds even more quality...

6. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I love my Eclipse III, so go away.

8. DbD

DbD Member

G19 screen is a gimmick - most of us must have a second screen and that works much better. it also adds a load of complexity to your software - it's not just plug and play and I've heard of incompatibilities, crashes, etc. It's also stupidly expensive.

Razer is to expensive for what is a pretty basic keyboard, and the version with dark lettering is impossible to read.

I had an eclipse - it was ok but nothing special and it died on me after a few years which is a bit naff (all the other cheap keyboards I have ever used still work!).

After the eclipse died I bought Genius Slimstar 335 Advanced Gaming Keyboard which was dirt cheap but still better then a basic keyboard (e.g. supports 5 keys pressed at once, not the basic 3). The keys are good for gaming (better then the eclipse imo), although it's not bouncy enough for standard word processing. However it is definitely cheap in that it's slightly bowed underneath leading to it wobbling unless you prop one corner up by a couple of mm.

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

original eclipse here, two years still going strong, ive had to take the keys out to clean off rubicon spillage, no problems. personally i dont need hundreds of macro keys on my keyboard, as i set most of my secondary features to my mouse.

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

11. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

I've heard mixed stuff about that DAS.

I put up a thread a couple weeks ago about this keyboard - DECK but never got any answers about that model (although nobody really knew what tactile was either so. . .). but I think they are very similar the DAS and the DECK. I'm not a perfect touch typer and I need the backlit keys still, and from what i can see that's one of the differences between the two.

I have a SAITEK II and have worn out the WSAD after 7 months. I need something that can last and at least the DECK it's impossible to wear the characters off.

I'd still like to see perhaps a top 10 list or something of the best keyboards , not just a review of the latest 6. But that's just me.

12. TreeDude

TreeDude New Member

Eclipse II Cheesecake. I have had mine for a few years. Best kb I have ever owned. Also still use my MX518 for my mouse. It is a wonderful combo.

13. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

@enikmaster

when you tested it did you suffer the double tap issue?

The Gigabyte GK-K8000 was delayed when I was buying otherwise I'd have considered that. I need another keyboard in the new year and am considering either that or the DAS.... the action with these keyboards is unbelievable compared to the usual sh*t

cherry do some nice ones at a low price btw.

14. memeroot

15. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

that website is gauging you, look at Deck's own website and compare US prices.

16. BradShort

BradShort Familyman - Fraggin when allowed :P

From Website -

Recall of Model S keyboards

We are recalling all Model S due to a manufacturing defect.

spiffing! :thumb:

17. Evildead666

Evildead666 New Member

Yup, I bought one too, thinking of my old IBM keyboard.....not so.

I also get the keys 'sticking' and its quite annoying, especially in-game.
    The only way I have found to stop it is to cycle the arrow keys very rapidly....and randomly. Just hit them all quickly in rapid succession.

I also get bad keystrokes where the letters don't get registered onscreen.....

Will NOT be getting another one. Another case where money does not equal quality.
    Yes, you can gold plate turds even....

Gonna be looking for a replacement IBM indestructible keyboard.....

18. Deadwolf

Deadwolf New Member

19. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Dinova edge is best keyboard I ever owned, Use it for typing siatek 2 for gaming

20. memeroot

was the GK-K8000 ever actualy released btw? can see a review but nothing else much on it....

Tags: Add Tags