1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What is the Best Gaming Mouse?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 22 Dec 2009.

1. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Ice Mats (AFAIK) are glass surfaces, and some mouse really don't like glass.

2. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Still loving my G5, I think its brilliant.
    And am I the only person who is reminded of it by the QPAD 5K?

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar What's a Dremel?

No mice for left handed people :(

thats why im still sticking to the diamondback 3g.... even razer is turning away from left handed friendly mice. dissapointing.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Minimodder

No Razer Lachesis?

I'm after a decent ambi mouse and the Lachesis is high on my list.

Would have been nice to have seen more than this considering there's a lot more on the market. A poor review in my opinion.

5. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

How about the Orochi? :D

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Minimodder

A nice mouse but I don't trust (or even have) bluetooth for gaming and the cable looks way too short.

Plus I want the red lights to match my fan leds. :eyebrow: lol

7. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Roccat Kova, and adjust the lighting?

8. Savage Alien

Savage Alien What's a Dremel?

I find the lack of Logitech's G500 mouse disturbing.

How can this be considered a fair review? More buttons and dpi than the DeathAdder, comfort, freescroll [ala G9 but with switch on the topside]... I will agree that the DeathAdder is a worthy opponent, but the G500 knocks both it and its own family [G9/G5] out as the victorious mouse for my eyes and those of many other gamers I know.

9. runevirage

runevirage What's a Dremel?

10. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I reckon within the hour I will click buy on a Scan order and wondered if any of you guys could cram in some advice maybe.

I'm changing from a Logitech MX518 because it seems less comfortable than I remember. I want something that fits my hand better, it must be corded, it must glide, it must be right handed and it must be very very good.

Logitech G9x, the price is now £59.90 which seems reasonable.

I was using a Steelseries 4HD mat but I found my desk was more accurate and less jerky, although that could have more to do with the mouse than anything. Now I want a mat that is large, plain colour (i.e. no graphics printed on it), provides accurate mouse pointing, and comes with a wrist wrest.

Razer Vespula, £29.26

Would you go with the choices I've made or would you go with something else?

11. nuc13ar

nuc13ar What's a Dremel?

i like the g9 i bought for $20 when circuit city went out of business. playing with regular mice feels like walking in mud to me now...

12. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

MX518 Cheesecake!

13. ubiquity

ubiquity What's a Dremel?

I currently still use an old Razor Diamondback, no issues with it, great accuracy and sensitivity. Also till use my ratpad, although its really showing signs of wear now!

My favorite mouse of all time, however, was the Razor Boomslang. A revolution in is day, it has a feeling of connectedness that you just do not get with optical mice designed to 'glide' across your mousemat.

Another good feature of both the boomslang and the dimondback - great no matter if your right handed or left. I am right handed, but I think its pretty shameful that some manufactuers just ignore the needs of left handed peeps!

14. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

One thing I want the mice manufacturers to fix is the problem of the cursor jumping when lifting and replacing the mouse on to a surface. Back in the good old days I was very active at picking up and replacing and sweeping, but these days its all about trying my hardest not to lift due to erratic cursor behaviour :wallbash:

15. sizO

sizO What's a Dremel?

my razer deathadder and razer mantis mousepad have served me well for a couple of years now!

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've never noticed that problem on any of the mice I've had.

17. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Upgraded ...

I went from the Razer Exact mat and Logitech MX518 to a Steelseries SX mat and Logitech G9x mouse.

Hated the mouse and strangely decided to give an old friend a return visit. So I am now using the Steelseries SX mat and an optical MS Intellimouse 3.0 ... with some grip stickers, and it is awesome. I got fed up of buying expensive crap that never did what it said on the tin. I have had 2 previous Intellimouse's (Intellimice .. ?) many many years ago and loved them - then Logitech and Razer came along with their fancy shiny mice and suckered me.

I find it hard to believe that MS is still pumping out the same old mouse and it is just as responsive and accurate as I remember. None of that cursor jumping when lifting and sweeping and replacing across the mouse mat. Now it's time for me to stock up on Intellimouse's and SteelseriesSX's and Zboard's.

Stick to what you like and don't go for the gimicky lasers, weights systems and cute colours unless it works for you of course. It didn't work for me.

(disclaimer: This post is personal gaming-use biased)

Tags: Add Tags