1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What material would you really like to cover your PC in if you had the money???

Discussion in 'Modding' started by malcs, 6 Jul 2003.

1. fishthecat

fishthecat What's a Dremel?

I think I'd go for the blackest of black materials. Something that eats up light. Maybe that stuff they coat Stealth Bombers with.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL @ *n

Hmmm /me throws bucket of water in your direction :p

Hows about a singularity? Light absorbing and totally antitheft cause its the weight of a sun.

3. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

making a one piece carbon fibre hood for my shuttle system that arrives next week :)

4. Sid

Sid Banned

I would go for titanium. I wouldn't want a big shiny diamond case. I would go for about 1/4" thick stuff.

5. Sid

Sid Banned

Is it not Francium that reacts with water?

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

No, Francium's the one that's near impossible to ever actually see in front of you because it reacts with pretty much everything.

Loads of things react with water; Cesium, Sodium, Calcium etc.

Cesium (sp?) is great, it explodes when it touches water. Saw a video back in GCSE science where they dropped a tiny (about 3mm) cube into a bucket of water. The other metals fizzed around a bit or made a little flame, but this just blew up the bucket the moment it hit the water!

7. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

:D

Its nice to watch a little piece of Na in water. If just keeps buzzing about all over the place, producing a hissing noise and some little stream.

Never seen anything about Caesium though. Woulda been interesting.

Exploding buckets of water :D :rock:

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

All alkali metals (group 1) react with water, getting more violent down the group. Francium is radioactive and completely unstable. Only 14 atoms are present on earth at any one time is the "best guess estimate" i heard, and most of them are from fission/fusion experiements or nuclear reactors i think.

But yea, caseium will explode violently when it comes in contact with water. Unfortuantly there's none avaliable in the lab freely for me to "experiment" on :worried: only bottles of sodium which is pathetic in comparison.

I love BiT, its the only time i actually get to apply my degree (abiet simply) outside of the uni LOL. :duh:

9. penski

penski BodMod

A variant of a classic prank:

Sprinkle powdered caesium on cling film that's stretched across a toilet ;)

*n

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

And if that doesnt cure ur constipation, nothing will.

11. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Galium, that way, if your computer got above 85F it would just melt away to a blob. You would know for sure if your cooling worked well or not... just look for melted spots.

Seriously tho, I would make on out of that OLED material that is flexible and nearly clear/very thin. You could have readouts or animations of anything, anywhere on your pc you wanted them, and put touch sensative pads over that, so you could drag your stats where you wanted them.

12. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

I would definately go with 2-3" of sound absorbing honeycomb carbon fiber, then a 1/2" layer of buffed platinum hand engraved with a design (by a professional duh), and then 1/4" of a super clear epoxy, (so it dosent tarnish, and it is protected, and mount some ultra bright pure green leds in the epoxy, so it highlights the engraving. And of course, titanium castor wheels covered in teflon, for easy moving.

13. Re-Invented

Re-Invented What's a Dremel?

I'm afraid it wud have to be Carbon Fibre Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool if i had the dosh

Lee

14. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

What about a PC in the chassis of a brand new Ferrari Enzo i mean a full cray modded supercomputer

15. fjr0122

fjr0122 What's a Dremel?

I second the idea of wrapping it in a ferrari....or a mclaren or zonda....or you could go aerial (sp?) F16 anyone? F22 maybe?
    (of course they have badder computers already built in :p)

But supercomputers weigh too much for these things to still go fast.

16. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

You guys are all llamas, mine would be STEEL with a crap BEIGE plastic front, with GREEN and RED leds, and a power button that sticks! And then stick it into a KIA, with no engine! Woot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That, or make it out of Jello. Think about it, Jello is just sugar and some other stuff, so when you go to a lan, and run out of your fav. caffeinated drink, you could just eat your case. And modding it would be a breze, just eat away a window. Plus, its transparent, so you get an acryllic type case also! Although i havn't tried this, im sure it lights up rather well, so you dont need to worry about buying 4 or 5 cathodes!
    (runs off to make some Jello to light it up)

:D

17. |Jedi|

|Jedi| What's a Dremel?

black velvet and switches and leds with blue diamonds, esmeralds and and some blue zafires.

18. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Plutonium.

Or, if that was out of stock, some uranium would do.

:dremel:

You're the guy, dude!

19. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

I want pics of the lit up jello!!! who's with me!!

20. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

yay, go jello!!!!!!!!