1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What memory chips ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ^R3CoN, 6 Nov 2004.

1. ^R3CoN

^R3CoN What's a Dremel?

What memory chips are on my memory, i just bought it second hand today. The memory is bought Februari last year, and because there is an heatspreader on it, i can't read the chip codes.

I heard form a few people that this i bh-5 memory, and i'm a real overclocking freak so i hope this i bh-5 memory :), can someone clear this up for me ?

Here is an image of the memory

Corsair CMX - 512C2PRO :

http://www.r3con.cjb.net/Pictures/memory2.jpg

And what speed i can reach with this memory, if i have the right hardware, and with a vdimm mod on my motherboard. ?

2. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

they dont sell bh-5 anymore, i think its ch-5 and i havnt been able to get mine over 215

3. ^R3CoN

^R3CoN What's a Dremel?

It's bought second hand, and it's purchased new in feb.

4. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

I thought v1.1 was bh-5, but I also thought corsair stopped making their ram with bh5 chips quite a while ago

5. ^R3CoN

^R3CoN What's a Dremel?

Well in an other dutch forum, they say that corsair stopped producing memory with bh-5 chips in Januari 2004, and this memory is bought in Februari ( The seller isn't quite sure if it's feb ). So maybe i'm lucky that i have almost the last corsair with bh-5 chips.

Btw is it tirkcy to remove the heatspreader from my memory ? And by corsair you'll get life garantue or am i wrong ? If so, does my garantue stops when i remove the heatspreader ?

6. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

you can get around the guarentee as long as you keep the heatspeader and if you fry it put it back on. but dont hold me to that its just a thought

7. ^R3CoN

^R3CoN What's a Dremel?

Ok, on anohter forum they say it's ch-5, because corsair didn't made bh-5 chips on pro modules.

So i have another question, how much voltage can i punt on ch-5 ? 3.2 , or ?... And how fast can i go with it ?

8. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Email Corsair and give them the serial code, they should be able to tell you what chips are on it :)
    However would doubt its BH5 tbh, dont think cosair put any on the pro, maybe it is though....