1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays What monitor??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Damski, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Damski

Damski What's a Dremel?

I am looking at getting a new monitor in the £300 price area and have seen 2 that I think I like they are both 27" but one has a higher res of 1920 x 1200 then other is 1920 x 1080 the one with the lower res has better responce time and a better contrast ratio though, so should I go for higher res or better responce time and contrast. 

The 2 in question are  http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-001-HS&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

Or 

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-054-IY&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

thanks

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Although the NEC EA23WMi is a 23" it's still 1920x1080. Plus it's panel is better, although it's quoted specs are not that good, it's pretty much lag free.

Those quoted specs don't matter much since both are TN based panels, which are acceptable but they are lacking in color quality.

3. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I know it's quite a bit more than your budget of £300 but the Dell U2410 ultrasharp is a fantastic monitor at around £ 445.00

I spent weeks looking for a new monitor and for a resolution of 1920x1200 it really is fantastic. It has several preset modes and if your into gaming it has a mode for that. In gaming mode the input lag is only 14.4ms, much lower than most.
    I did try getting hold of the HP2475W but was out of stock. I am so glad that it was.

It really is shame that Bit-Tech / Custom PC haven't done a review of the Dell as I think its fantastic. If you search this forum for the U2410 you will pretty much only find glowing reports.

There is an excellent review of it here

As I said at the start, it is a bit more than your budget, but if you can, I would suggest saving up the difference, you won't regret it.