1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other what mouse do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamesn, 6 Mar 2013.

1. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

I use an mx518, great budget mouse.

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Personally? Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T9, It's an exceptionally nice mouse to use, 5600 DPI, thumb-buttons, Precision Aim Button (Drops mouse sensitivity by a configurable percent, to aid aiming.)

Biggest issue with it; Wireless. Get the RAT7, unless you desperately need something long range. The battery usually lasts about five hours solid use at 5600dpi and two are included, the wireless receiver also functions as the charging stand for the spare battery, and can hold the weights cartridge.

Range is at least ten meters. I don't have any long-run in the house with clear line of sight longer than 10M, however, so I'm not sure about beyond that.

The RAT series are very nice mice, aluminium base and frame, adjustable grips and rests, it's all perfect for getting it comfortable in your hand.

All in all; It's a very nice mouse to use, it fits my hand, it does everything I ask of it, the insane sensitivity suits my twitchy mouse movements, and it's never failed me at range. I just need to get a broken RAT series mouse off someone so I can switch the mousewheel across, mine snapped a while ago when I dropped the thing off my desk, so I currently lack middle click.

The mouse itself is susceptible to wireless interference, my phone doesn't have enough power to cause any issues, but most desktop and laptop wireless cards have the power to jam up the signal so the mouse just flat out stops responding. (Changing channels seems to do nothing. I've gone from 1-13 and still suffered interference.)

3. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

two mice actually, depending on scenario:

Predominantly the razer deathadder. Clean, simple, and effective. only two buttons aside from the scroll, l+r. Easy to remember and thus easy to coordinate one's thumb. This is the mouse that i use for desktop and simple-combo or low-combo games. Battlefield, JC2 etc.

The other muse I use Would be the R.A.T 7. All the macro buttons an army could need. Not overwhelmingly many, But just to the point that you can remember them all and actually use them without tying your fingers up.I use this for games where comboes are integral, and are needed reliably. Mostly I use It for the batman games right now. It worked wonders for my scores. NOTE: 7 or 9. no lower. They aren't exactly reputable for their quality control and customer service. Service has improved but the older products were plagued with issues.

4. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

The Mionix Naos and Razer DeathAdder are both really nice mice.

Most of Razer's non-mouse products are pretty crap though.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ROG GX1000 in work and Corsair M60 at home. I have no complaints about both. GX1000 waaaay better than our old GX950s thankfully.

Did have:

Razer Mamba, lasted 4 years then died (possibly from from hand-crust)
    MS Mouse Bluetooth thing that was small, very responsive for Bluetooth and lasted ages, but died without reason recently. :/

6. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I have a Logitech MX620. It's wireless, and it has two non-rechargeable AA batteries. The batteries last for a year. And no, that's not a typo and I'm not exaggerating! I'm a heavy user as well. I just changed the batteries the other day, and before that I last changed them in early spring last year.

Sadly, the mouse is discontinued and almost impossible to find anywhere, so I'm hoping the one I have lasts for quite a while.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Impeccable luck - it was a prize. However, the G500 is without doubt the best mouse I've owned or used.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Well one thing's for certain. If jamesn was confused about which mouse to get before he started this thread, he'll be infinitely more confused now. Pretty diverse bunch of mice in here.

9. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Another thumbs up for the Logitech performance mouse MX.

Bought this a few years ago now and still running superbly. Battery life is very good and even if it gets low while gaming just plug in the USB charging cable and carry on using the mouse no problems. (much better than the Revolution's dock charge).

Think I spent £70 on it 3 years ago, can be had for around £50 now.

10. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

G700

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

11. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

I use the Razer SWTOR mouse must admit Im not impressed the wireless isn't great at all. In fact I don't think I would ever buy a game related item again. Im going to keep my life simple and avoid being sucked in by the shiney's

12. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I use a Cyborg R.A.T 7 at home for gaming and I have a Roccat Kone+ that I use at work.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

logitech performance mx and mx 518

not tried alot of mouses in the last few years.

14. DarkFear

DarkFear What's a Dremel?

Logitech Marathon m705. Basically the little brother of the MX Revolution...

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Oooh, I've got one of those as well!

I've just realised I have too many Logitech mice. :blush:

16. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

I loved my Habu mouse until it started to double click after a year and a half or so. Seems to be a common complaint as well. Got a corsair m60 now and happy with it, although no where near as comfy.

17. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Middle mouse button does it.

It's really annoying.

18. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Razer Deathadder // Logitech MX518 at work

19. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I use a Logitech G5 at work, M60 on my gaming PC and a Logitech G9 on my media machine.

The G9 is my fav and would be on my gaing PC if I hadn't broken a side button.

20. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

And this is why it is important to try a mouse if you can. I love the feel of the M60 and hated the Habu with a passion.