1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other what mouse do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamesn, 6 Mar 2013.

1. monteur

monteur New Member

Had the G5 and it was lovely, must have dropped it to often of the desk and it died. Since then i've been scrubbing my pad with the mx518 and now i'm tending to the G400 although the mx518 is still fine it could be just little bit more arched.. perhaps i'll just close my eyes and yell "take my money" and treat myself with the G700 :D

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Mad Catz R.A.T. 7

Got it set up to be extremely comfortable. Good smooth scroll on the middle wheel with tactile clicks, soft side buttons are quick and easy to press, and the right click is the best of any mouse I've used. Very sensitive and allows for quick repeated clicks.

Only complaint about the design, the aluminum frame is extremely sturdy but the added weight can make small movements lack a bit of precision.

3. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

I have for that I use as I change them now and then.
    Logitech G9x best software ever
    Cooler master sentinel awesome combination software and feel
    Corsair M65 aloud feeling mouse
    Cooler master storm my favorite gaming mouse.

4. RagingMadman

RagingMadman New Member

Rat 7

I'ts ****ing beautiful

5. moose67

moose67 Member

Been using a G9 for a good few years now and can't fault them at all, except the price of course. :hehe:

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

im using the Roccat Kone+ fits my hand very well, is nicely wighted and glides quite nicely, the only issue is after owning it for a year, the pads are wearing out on the underside, and I cant find anywhere that stocks replacements >_<

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Razer Mamba v1 in wired mode.

Used to own an MX518 until the covering all peeled off.

8. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I started off with an MX518 until I fancied a couple more buttons. So I moved to the G700, which I loved everything about apart from the tracking seemed strange at the time (as it turns out, I had the DPI set low and the sensitivity set high, where it should really be the other way around).

I had a Deathadder, which was comfy but the finish was annoying, the chance of failure with Razer mice seems high and I still wanted some more buttons on the side.
    Enter the Roccat Kone[+] - probably joint best mouse I've ever used, material, size, features and comfort, plus good software and customisability. Unfortunately, the button layout meant the extra buttons were not in a good location to press for me.

So, I went for the Naga. What a PoS. I loved it while it worked, but within 4 months the scroll wheel no longer registered in one direction, plus being a Razer it felt like cheap tat. And so it proved.

After this, I had got used to the extra side buttons (using one for push to talk in Mumble, and then mapping loads of commands to it for each and any game I played), so thought I'd try the R.A.T. series, especially as they'd just released an MMO varient.

All I can say is that I hope the other R.A.T mice are better. The side button fell off after a month or two, the plastic wasn't great feeling, and the "aluminium chassis" was actually slightly warped, so that if you left clicked, the mouse rocked, moving the cursor.

Anyway, got rid of that, and thought I'd try the Logitech G500, which I'd looked at when I bought the G700 and then forgot about. Damn, I could have saved a lot of money. It cost £30, and is the best mouse I've ever had. Excellent shape, size and side button placing (3 of them as well! So I can have one permanently push to talk while the others are back/forward for the browser), hyperscroll - the best feature ever - side scrolling (which can also be remapped as buttons in games), plus a nice easy DPI adjust.

I also have the Performance MX for travel use and it's fantastic (though the sensitivity is too low for gaming now that I'm used to higher), with probably the best shape I've ever tried.

Basically, there's only one mouse I'd like to try now, and that's the Mionix Naos 5000, but I'd hate to lose that extra side button...

Oh, and,

Kustom PC

9. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Just got myself a R.A.T. 5 based on the recommendations for the 7 here, which was more than I could afford. The 5 is lovely, very good fit for my hand thanks to the adjustable palm rest. Build quality is really nice and solid, and the click action is really (really) good.

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

And old MX518 and a Steelseries Ikari.

The Ikari is a wonderful mouse, but for only right handers. The Naos 3200 and the Ikari share the same body shape.

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

snip

Kiitos Mr Marvin

12. TheP

TheP New Member

Logitech G600

Tested some MMORPG mice so far and this one is in my oppinion the best,after you get used to the fact there is a third button under your ring-finger.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

MX Performance

I don't need gimmicks to improve my game.

14. MjFrosty

MjFrosty New Member

Roccat Kone Pure. Had the Kone+ previously and it's a bit of a brick. Much prefer this, in fact probably the best mouse I've had in a long run of mice. I went through three Logitech G5s once upon a time through bad temperament. :blush:

[​IMG]

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

MX Revolution. It works for me.

16. KeTZz

KeTZz Member

Razer DeathAdder Black Edition all the way :rock: and i mite add picked one up for £30 quid because of a price error on the website :thumb:

17. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

MX 518 - does all I need it to and is very comfortable.

18. NethLyn

NethLyn Member

Targus are best known for their teeny tiny laptop mice but their full size wired one isn't bad either for less than a tenner (online only from Argos or Amazon);

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optical-Mou...OU/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1338471318&sr=8-24

That picture is rubbish though, the one I received looks exactly like the wireless version.

Great handling for everything including games, it's a large-hander's dream (ie if you were comfortable with the original Xbox pad size of large). I took a chance on it unseen and it paid off but agree that you need to handle a mouse if you're spending big money, PC World and Maplin are still good for something!