1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next for nVidia?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shielder, 14 Sep 2007.

1. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Well, in the past month or so, we've seen Intel release two new high performance chipsets, the P35 and the X38. What is nVidia's reply to this? At the moment it is just "we've been able to support 1333MHz FBS for ages, so what's all the fuss about?"

What I'm wondering is whether there are any new goodies coming from nVidia in the coming months? Maybe a 780i chipset?

Andy

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

rumors say new chipset and gpu's from nvidia in nov...

the chipset will be a highend chipset, the gpu's are said to come out first in the low and mid range versions, and a new highend part a bit later.

3. revlob

revlob New Member

I believe nVidia's plans for the rest of this year are a 7xxi motherboard chipset, and the 8700; a mid-range DX10 card. But that's just what I've heard, I don't know if they have officially confirmed anything but they are pretty safe bets at least.

Their next line of gfx cards should be in the works, probably the 9xxx series which should support DX10.1. Not sure if we'll see those before 2008 Q1 though.