1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice What should my budget be?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BloodlessDawn, 1 Jan 2012.

1. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

I'm sure that will get sorted out, and won't Keppler use PCIe 3? I'm sure nVidia will have decent driver's on release though ;)

2. leslie

leslie Just me!

In the US, the price difference between the 2500 and the 2600 is $100, the difference between the 2600 and the 2700 is another $100. If it's only £24, yes get it, but keep in mind it really won't run much faster than a 2600 or even a 2500.

120gig is fine for a system drive. I was doing it with a 60 before, and a 40 on my laptop. It's not a big deal.

Also, the Vertex3, isn't rated so well. I didn't look into why, but it was always rated lower than others, even the Vertex 2. In the end I went with the M4 and couldn't be happier.

Agreed, plus, if you have to wait, by the time you can buy that secodn card, odds are you can get a single card for a little more that will work as fast as both anyhow, with less issue.

Much better off selling the card and just upgrading when the time comes, SLI and CF are just too fickle. The only time they make sense if if you have a stupid high resolution and actually need duals to drive it. Otherwise, stick to single GPU.

3. MaXimiZe_89

MaXimiZe_89 What's a Dremel?

I'd suggest between £1000-£1200. Think twice before building a sandy bridge one though, as ivybridge isn't far off. Although, if you can't wait then GO's the word :thumb:

4. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

+1 to this, Ivy bridge should drop around april time, although if you really can't wait its no biggy as you could always just drop an ivy bridge chip in later if you ever for some mad reason feel you haven't got a enough CPU grunt (says the person with the SB-E system, or you really do want bragging right's :D

I'd also suggest it could be a good idea waiting for HDD prices to maybe come down a bit as I reckon april would be a good time for them to start coming down as well.

oh and as far as budget goes, somewhere between £1000-1400 tops I'd say

5. BloodlessDawn

BloodlessDawn I know nothing.

Well, I'm planning on buying a 1155 socket M/B unless 2011 M/B's and CPU's come down in price. If IvyBridge will be brought to 1155 Processors, then I'll maybe upgrade a bit after they've been released.

But for now, the plan is to get a PC as soon as I've got the cash, whether it's tomorrow or in a year's time.