1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable What tablet should I get

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 14 Jun 2013.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

well , after my son broke his hannspree hannspad , the replacement is on its way (note to everyone with children - get accidental damage cover for home contents)

Asus ME301T.

so , anygood? specs say its quite good - how does it compare to a galaxy tab 2?

2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Nexus all the way tbh if you want an Android tablet - a new Nexus 7 is rumoured to be showing up next month, again made by Asus (any comment bindi? :) )

Otherwise, the age-old standby is the iPad :p

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

The Ipads were well out of my price range.

I'm happy with the tab 2, it does what I want, reviews say its marginally slower than a nexus 7 and has a slightly lower res screen but I don't think that's going to bother me.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If you're gonna keyboard it Transformer it man! Get it built in. New Transformer with Tegra 4 is inbound this quarter.

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I use the nexus 10 and a blutooth keyboard. Very pleased with it so far

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

But at what price range though Badg? :)

I had eyed up the Asus Infinity, Sony Eperia Z and Surface Pro, but they're all on the side of too pricey. :sigh:

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

How important is a screen protector on a tab 2?.

It's gorilla glass afterall and as of yet I haven't removed the screen protector that comes with the tab from new (it has writing on it so I'd have to remove or replace it). That in itself now has finger prints all over it so I'm struggling to see the point of a protector.

8. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Depends on the price I'd say. I got one on my cobalt. The wife has one on her note 2, i didn't get one on my galaxy s2, and despite being very careful I've got scratches on mine, one particularly annoying one. When I renew my contract I will definitely get a screen protector. The zagg invisishield has a lifetime guarantee if I remember correctly. That is what Mrs Bear has.
    Mine was an hmv closing down special but it does the job. I'd say do it if you can afford it, or get an el cheapo from eBay for a few quid and see what you think.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've been looking at tablets recently, partly for me and partly for my dad who's said he'd like one.

Seen a couple on ebay of the generic chinese sort of brand stuff at good prices with good looking specs too. £90 gets a 10" 4.1 tablet with a 1024x768 res, 1GB DDR3 ram, 8GB storage and a 5000mAh battery. Clicky

Or £45 gets a 7" 1024x768, 512MB RAM, 4GB Storage and 2800mAh battery.
    Clicky
    That one has a Rockchip CPU as opposed to a Cortex A13 that most of the others have, no idea what the difference is.

Can't find reviews of these sorts of tablets though.

This one looks quite good at £60, 7" 1024x600, Boxchip A10, 1GB DDR3 and 4GB Storage, 8000mAh battery.

10. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I just got the HP slate 7, just wanted for Google mags and browsing.

Sent from Bittech Android app