1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What tablet under £100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldstar0011, 20 Apr 2020.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Howdy

With the little'n off school we've got her some learning apps and sites but her tablet isn't that great for the regular use now, mostly too old.

Lookings for somethng under £100.
    I keep being drawn to the Huawei Mediapads but my overall knowdlegd of whats good inteh world of tabelst is minimal (not buying her a Galaxy S tab, shes 7)

Thanks

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

The Amazon Fire devices are good, especially if you use the sideload hack to get the Google Play Store on there. Got my two new Fire 7s for about £35/40 each, but the HD 8 looks good (about £60-70 off the top of my head?). My buddy has a kids' version of the 10, but to be honest, you pay more for the privilege - it's the same as the stock tablet but with an ugly coloured bumper around it and some form of extended guarantee. They all have parental control built in though, just a question of setting it up. And go for the "with offers" versions to save even more cash - it's just ads on the lock screen so doesn't bother us.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Actually reminds me we have a Fire Tablet, I hated having to sideload play store and I don't like the Amazon branding so I'd like to avoid Amazon devices if possible