1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what type of person are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by johnwilliams474, 21 Feb 2004.

?

what type of person are you?

Poll closed 16 Nov 2006.
  1. ford

22 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. chevy

19 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. dodge

10 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. jeep

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. ricer

15 vote(s)
    7.2%
  6. muscule car

33 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. honda

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  8. only a sertian type of eg. mustang camero ect.

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. other explain

50 vote(s)
    24.2%
  10. i like walking

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

no you don't understand. i like a car that turns

2. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Well then, you should have been more specific. :D

3. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

yeah but they till produce the astons by british designers giving it that nice british heritage too.

a lot of american cars are built for speed, just like the nice "british" astons.

Yummy

4. Monster

Monster What's a Dremel?

I have a Ford(mustang) and I like the way a lot of Fords look but I however, do not like how they run.

I like how a lot of Nissans(350z) run and look though.

So I guess i'm a Ford/ Nissan girl.

5. agent-j

agent-j Guest

i agree has any one noticed the the guy that started this thread got banned???

me ponders

6. Piratetaco

how come he got banned penski?

7. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I've noticed he spams a lot, links to stupid websites, he makes like 10 threads a day in GD about the newest funny website he found.

8. penski

penski BodMod

A combination of reasons, culminating in being abusive toward staff.

*n

9. Piratetaco

1350+ hp that car is a monster. about 600 hp per lr frankly quite an awesome piece of engineering the RB26DETT is.

i'd kill for an R34 GTR Nur

10. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Ok Guys thats not funny. A freaking Z06 would beat the pants off a supra in every direction and the nissan skyline is just as expensive as most exotics.

But I must show you guys something a bud of myne ran acros. This is a corvete engine (LS1) with 8 turbos. Its been just mildly tuned for now as the work wasent finished and its doing 800hp but dont forget that 800hp form an american engine means that it will put out close to equal foot pounds of tourque numbers.

I am also looking for a TT corvette that was custom built that does 1300hp+ to the weels at only 30psi of boost and is street leagl in all 50 states but I cant seem to find the link.

All i can say is that if you have never driven a decent american car dont knock them. Btw those dodge daytonas were 1/2 british imbred cars that used heads designed by lotus. BTW those cars did 102hp per litre (the daytonas I mean)

11. Piratetaco

what are you on about ? the Skyline would beat the z06 anyday. you see good , race tracks usually have these funny kinks in them called corners and the z06 would get own3d. plus the engine is a waste 5.7 litres is a joke.can the americans make improvemnt to the engine its self rather than increasing the cubic inch?

12. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

not that i've noticed :p

13. jaguarking11

Its not a joke, The corvetes have had 347cubic inch engines since the begining, And they do improve performance on them, also the skyline aint got didly on a z06 and dont forget about the lemans z06's. The skyline is a inline 6 thats so blown with high presure that its a timebomb wating to explode, I have seen high HP skyline engines and all I can say is that they are not rebuildable. I have also seen high hp ls1 engines and they are easily rebuildable. And i have news for you a skyline is also heavier than a z06 and the z06 comes with almost 50/50 weight distribution. Not to mention that parts for a corvette are mutch cheeper than a skyline in my neck of the woods. Sounds like you guys have been watching too mutch fast and the fuirious, and too fast too furious. I also got news for you guys that say that american cars cant handel,

The new gto was put in japans drifting and handling contests this year and so far its owning everything in site and it only cost them 20grand USD to convert the gto to make it race ready. And if you guys didnt know the new gto is last years corvette with a new shell. Also they only spend about 4thousend bucks to make the engine output 480hp along with 500lb of tourque and it still is naturaly aspirated.

also that 8second and change skyline would get killed by a 800-900hp american machine for the simple fact that its not hp that gets you down the track its the tourque. Also a known fact a small engine (and the skylines isnt all that small to begin with) even when super blown like that skyline is needs a fiew conditions to make high hp. Cool temperatures, Very high octane gas, and usualy a welded on head. Vs the american counterpart that does the very high hp on regular pump gass and temperatures are still a factor but not as mutch when you use less boost. And welding on a head = killing the engine after its cylinders cook.

I went to an autoshow this month (local fund raiser) and I saw a fiew classic cars with old school 350ci blocks. Diferent configurations. But the thing that cought my eye was a 1971 camaro with a 350ci engine, this bad boy was naturaly aspirated and it ran 540hp to the weels, to my amazement I asked the owner what kind of stuff did you put in this thing? (I saw under hood nothing semed out of place or extra) his repply was I just tuned it to run high 1/4 miles. And he said that the car was mostly original. I also asked what was his 1/4 mile like and he said that his best was 10.003 on pump gas.

You judje

14. jaguarking11

Amazing yes but only that its not blowing up.

Here you see a 8000hp monster that does 2.5 or 3's at the 1/4 mile.

I just saw the displacement on that thing btw. Its 500ci witch would be at 7.5L at most thus giving you 1066hp per litre+. Thats awsome engeenering.

Last edited: 31 May 2004
  15. Piratetaco

its quite amazing how stroppy americans get when you coment on their cars.
    plus that drag car runs on nitro and was never road legal.the car has been built from scratch to race. the skyline has been modified from road legal.
    oh yeah and your spelling sucks too.

16. jaguarking11

its amazing how pissy ricer boys can get when you coment on their POS cars.

If you want a nice car then check THIS 1300hp street leagl vette.

BTW im aware my spelling sucks but I speak 3 diferent languages and one of them is a language that you or any right minded person could not get rite in a million years.

17. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

handbags at 20 paces!!!!:worried: :worried:

anyway, straight line speed is useless if the car can't flaming corner properly.....

18. jaguarking11

But they can, corvettes can dandle very well if ppl knew how to drive them. They are grip cars not dragracers. I think they have proven themselves worthy in lemans a fiew times and also any other roadcourse outhere.

PPl confuse the corvette with the 1960's muslecar corvette that probly handeled well for its time but todays standard its no match.

you can take all the handling in the world and if you suck at driving the car you are going to f*** it up

19. penski

penski BodMod

Throw £200k at any car and it will handle well ;)

The original Corvette handled like **** and they still do.

I've seen an evo IV owned by a mini before...That was all down to driver knowledge of the circuit and driver ability. Oh and the mini had a 200hp bike engine where the rear seats should have been...

No matter what you may think, speaking Klingon is not, was not and will never be cool. Go back to your conventions and wear a tight red top, Ensign Ricky.

Your comments about Skyline engines blowing up...Bull****.

A) learn to spell.
    B) learn about whatever you want to discuss.
    C) don't talk crap.
    D) there is no D.
    E) be open to the views and opinions of others.
    F) accept that you may be wrong

*n

20. jaguarking11

Well thats funny coming from you. You should be taking some fo your own advice. It seems that you cant apreciate that a corvete z06 can outhandle and outmanuver and outpower ferraris that cost 2 to 3 times more. I got news for you buddy. Look at any real car forum and you will see that the corvette is a well respected high performance car with heritage where as your precious skyline is NOT. A engine with 150psi of boost is dangerus to run at all.