1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what type of person are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by johnwilliams474, 21 Feb 2004.

?

what type of person are you?

Poll closed 16 Nov 2006.
  1. ford

22 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. chevy

19 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. dodge

10 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. jeep

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. ricer

15 vote(s)
    7.2%
  6. muscule car

33 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. honda

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  8. only a sertian type of eg. mustang camero ect.

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. other explain

50 vote(s)
    24.2%
  10. i like walking

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. BjD

BjD New Member

I dunno, Skylines go way back to the 60's IIRC, the R32 Godzilla pretty much owned Jap Group A racing in the 80s/90s. There again I suppose the vette goes back too :D Always liked the look of the old StingRays, suppose it comes down to personal preferance at the end of the day.

/me like his Minis *points to av* :D

2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Well this opinion I can respect.

3. Altron

Altron Well-Known Member

The skyline and the z06 are both fast enough that they could get you a pretty large fine if a policeman sees you trying to go at top speed with them.

4. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

Penski didn't you used to race ?
    i'm sorry but no 50K corvette will ever come close to a 150k Ferrari.theres a reason the Ferrari costs so much(the fact its designed by one of the best race car builders in history) and skyline's do have a lot of heritage they have been around as long as corvettes infact.

EDIT:what the **** is a leman?

Last edited: 2 Jun 2004
  5. lcdguy

lcdguy Active Member

GMC all the way

if you want a vehicle to last you gotta go with a GMC Safari Van, Man those things just dont die.

Unlike ahem (Found On Road Dead aka FORD) they dont die.

For example my parents van which died last week, was from 1990 with 375 000 clicks on the engine, persoanlly a 14 years is a good life for the van, and now the only reason it died was the engine died, body is still in pretty good shape.

But if you want a GO FAST car gotta get a 1967 Shelby GT-500 with NOS that or a Ferrari Enzo (if you gots the cash) :D

6. jaguarking11

I sugest you go to a car forum b4 you you say something. Try http://www.fastcarforum.com and then judje how well a corvette performs. In fact the corvette has been smoking low and mid end ferraris since it was relesed in the 50's.

7. jaguarking11

Also check out this grand national on the dyno. Here And realize thats a 1980's car doing 1075hp+

that thing is on a dyno weel and it almost took off if it werent chained down.

8. dr_crazy

dr_crazy New Member

you need more car companies in your list!

Wheres Jaguar, BMW etc?

Im a jaguar person tbh, i can't wait til my dad finishes restoring the E-Type he's had in the garage for years :D

9. Piratetaco

or Toyota Landcruisers

10. penski

penski BodMod

Make your mind up...

*n

11. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Nissan Skyline's have not been driving around since 1953.

12. Piratetaco

they just werent nissan

13. Altron

Altron Well-Known Member

I doubt there were Datsun Skylines in 1953, i didn't think Datsun started until sometime in the 60s or 70s.

14. BjD

BjD New Member

15. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Like I said. Not around in 1953. Thank you BjD.

16. jaguarking11

Wow Those are strait american design rip offs. And 64hp? Wtf is that. even the early strait 6 vettes had 150hp or more. and when properly modified they did 180mph on the salt lakes.

The point reamains that here in the US a skyline will run you 100K+ because they arent street legal here and they need to be converted. with 100K+ I can get a ford gt and be happy or a used ferrari. The skyline is not a phesable car here thats why the vette is bang for buck ratio. And the new pontiac gto is a sure bang for buck ratio giving you last years vette in a nice refined body. They put 5000 USD in a new gto and it pulled 480hp to weels. With the price of a skyline here I can get a Lingenfelter vette that has 800hp, pulls 10's at quarter and handels just like or better than a ferrari. Last year the lingenfelter Vette won in a competition agains a 900hp Porche that was modified to the teth. And the vette won not by acelaration but by handling. While the lingenfelter vette is 50 state legal and the porche was not. the porche didnt have the catalitic converters and the requiered smog emisions standards.

And if you are going to be childish and attack my spelling be so. I am speaking truth and not hypothesis.

17. Piratetaco

you've just argued my point again.
    thanks a lot
    :thumb:

18. jaguarking11

If im not mistaken you were saying that the vette cant hadel very well. And I argued that it can. car and driver magazine has been puttng the vette agains all types of ferraris for years and the vette has come close and sometimes even passed the ferrari standard. While im not saying that the Ferraris are not worth it.

Therefore I argued agains your point not for it.

Every race event I see, the corvettes do well in, My question is why arent any skylines present?, also note that even if they are they dont do as well as the corvettes.

If you say that japan racing is different from others then my argument is why is the new gto killing their competition in those races? Pontiac just entered their new gto in japanese racing this year and they have ben doing exeptionaly well.

19. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

ehhhh, if i was picking from the above list...

small sexy car - dodge viper :D
    big muscley car - the big dodge thing

if im being totally everythign ever, an aston martin db7, with all the trimmings!

20. jaguarking11

Yeh I like aston martins too. Actualy If i had the money I would get an aston martin b4 anything else. I find that car sexy.