1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what type of person are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by johnwilliams474, 21 Feb 2004.

?

what type of person are you?

Poll closed 16 Nov 2006.
  1. ford

22 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. chevy

19 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. dodge

10 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. jeep

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. ricer

15 vote(s)
    7.2%
  6. muscule car

33 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. honda

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  8. only a sertian type of eg. mustang camero ect.

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. other explain

50 vote(s)
    24.2%
  10. i like walking

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

1969 Plymouth Roadrunner w/ 440 bigblock

or Ford Mustang Boss 302/Shelby GT350

2. daba

daba New Member

I've got a 350Z. Gonna get that nice Kenstyle Pacific Coast body kit when it comes out.

3. penski

penski BodMod

Because they're banned ;)

*n

4. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

nice car.what colour?

why are they banned? is it because they aren't produced no more or because they aren't a US spec car(ie US road legal?)

Jagking read my post with your quote again

5. penski

penski BodMod

The skylines won everything so the other manufacturers withdrew. Skylines don't race no mo'

*n

6. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Wrong. Skylines became ilegal to race because of their weight problems. Yes 3500pounds is ilegal to race as its a hazard to driver and others.

The toyota supra is far better built than the skyine and they dont win that many races. Point being is that any one could weld on head on a car but how long can they run it. Even top fuel dragsters dont weld heads on as its expensive and dangerus.

If you want to drive a granade be my guest. But be warned that it will explode. Just like in the early 90's when they had the first rotory engines at lemas and the test driver died because the engine literaly exploded and decapitated him.

Big engines are big for a reson. Biger engines are also tougher and produce more power.

Ask any dragracing driver or circuit driver that knows his cars. He will repply that hp is just a number to throw around to impress people but the thing that gets him down the line and into victory lane is tourque. And american engines have plenty of that. A chevy short block v6 4.3L van engine only has 190hp but it puts out 384lb of tourque. vs a ricer car. it may have 250hp but it only has 160lb of tourque, Put these two engines in the same weight car I can gurantee that that the v6 chevy engine will blow the doors off the ricer rocket.

Hot rod magazine did a test a fiew years back.
    they took a honda civic and a buick regal.

They suped both up to 500hp and the buick weigh in at 5000Lb where as the civic was around 3100Lb

it cost 10k usd to get the civic to 500hp and that was just the cost of parts

it cost the buick 3k to do it and mind you the buick is not a car that hotroders use. If that buick had a more popular engine it would cost less.

The buick ran just a lil over 10sec on the 1/4 mile and the civic ran 11. and change.

Wonder how this hapened?

also the handling bs about american cars not being able to handle is total bs. The grand natinal fromt he 80's is an exelent track car and so are all the corvetes and camaros and firebirds and mustangs, and the list goes on.

So in short the skyline is way overated and does not deliver. No matter what u saw in 2fast 2furious the skyline is not a good race car.

7. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

:D

A little off-topic, but anyone here a top-fuel fan? My god, it must feel good to sit in front of 8000hp. Was listening to a radio interview this morning with a top-fual racer. Those damn things do 0-300+ in like 5 secs. They asked him what it felt like to take off like that, he said "Have someone hit you across the back with a chair, then kick you out a fourth floor window." :hehe: The g's have to be mind-blowing....

8. jaguarking11

Top fuel cars have the aceleracion of the space shuttle. They have the smae g's as most fighter planes and they do it on the ground. And btw that 8000hp comes from mostly 502big blocks that are hemispherical and only have about 7.4L displacement. now whats the hp per litlre mark on that thing? 8000/7.4= 1081hp per litre. Now thats engineering.

9. kiljoi

Damn. More hp from one cylinder than almost any other car out there.

10. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Member

jeep wrangler or cj series. beefy tires, lift kit, all black w/tubular bumpers/steps.

or, in a perfect world without money, a humvee (not the h2 carp, no offense robster).

11. kiljoi

Thank you. I can't stand the H2. It's a dumbed down version of an awesome automobile. Although, I'd much rather get a military surpluss one.

12. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Member

unfortunately, from what i heard from a guy that was a mechanic in the army, the diesel engine that the army humvees use is a PITA and does suck verily.

however, if i were able to aquire a mlitary surplus hummer complete with TOW launcher.... i might never be stuck in traffic again >:)

13. kiljoi

You'd never have to worry about being cut off either. :D
    All you have to do is swap out the stock diesel for either a cummins or a powerstroke.

14. Alienhead

Alienhead New Member

1999 Ford Explorer Sport is what i'm driving right now. I still really like the make, but wanna upgrade to a 2004 4 Door. Also, I haven't seen it driving yet, but I've passed by a parked Toyota Spyder, and it looks pretty slick.

15. penski

penski BodMod

Hmm...Never seen either film...So dunno what that's supposed to mean.

Can we talk about mass for a minute? you maintain that a big V6 or V8 powered car can still handle well...

Right - hold your arm out and wave it left then right quickly.

Now do the same thing holding a big bottle of water or similar - something weighing a couple of kilos.

Notice how much harder it is to move left and right...how it takes more to slow down in one direction and more to start in another direction?

The same goes for big chunks of metal.

Can you stop going on about quarter mile times, please? It's quite insulting to call something that can pound out a straight line record a fast car. What's the point in a 10sec 1/4 mile when you have to drop to 30mph for the slightest bend?

Race spec skyline = under 3000lb.

Can I get something straight with you please? I'm not a ricer. I don't like the Skyline because of any ****ing film. I like the Skyline because when I was a kid it ****ing decimated all comers in the Japanese Touring Car Championship. That was back with the R32. They were forced to add 150kg of ballast to it and limit to 1.3bar of pressure in the Australian Touring Car Championship. It still won in 1991/92. It won the Bathurst 1000 too. this is the same reason I love the volvo 850r. The Same reason I love Group B.

So yeah, such an unreliable, ill-handling car with no racing history...It's terrible isn't it? Just how could they bring themselves to make such a car?

The R34 can be burned for all I care. Skylines. Proper Skylines. Racing Skylines...are R32s.

I know which engine I'd rather have on a track though...

Speaking of tracks...*goes off to make a new thread*

*n

16. Jedi

Jedi New Member

hows about putting these two engines on the same weight chassis and see what happens, that i would be interested in

btw i am interpretted from ur post that by same wieght car u mean total including engine

17. jaguarking11

By same weight car I mean body. the smaller engines will make the car lighter and theoreticaly faster but it dosent hold true because a biger engine wil produce more tourque witch will make the car qucker.

Nascar engines produce anywere between 700-900hp on natural aspiration. while keeping their blocks small and displacement within 5L. And their 1/4 mile is in the low 10's but they also handel very well depending on track setup, And yes nascar cars do also road courses and not just ovals. Also note that rarely any import from japan does well in grand touring of europe as the courses are demanding. The only car that did well that was powere by import was a rx7 powered beast that won in the 90' s and it was quickly outlawed because of the unfair advantage over cylinder cars. Even that suposed import engine was ford designed and built and not to mention owned. The thing im trying to say is that there is no replacement for displacement.

Again when you say that big engined cars canot handle well I must point you to the cadillac cts-v that beat bmw on its own proving grounds this year. The cts was put in the nurenberg test track and it beat the 7 and m series by handeling well and having muscle to back it up. And dont forget that the cts-v is powered by a 5.7L small block.

put a stock skyline against a cts-v from any year and it will beat it. Also note that the skyline cost almost 2x the price of a cts-v.

I guess I am only explaning how I feel because of what I have seen in this side of the pond.

18. penski

penski BodMod

Please explain why a bike engined Westfield is quicker than a V8 engined westfield round a track then...Same chassis, same suspension, same wheels/tyres...

One has a 3.5 litre v8.

The other has a 1300cc straight 4.

;)

*n

19. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

PWNED!

'doc

20. penski

penski BodMod

Oh and even a 900cc Fireblade engined Westfield will hit 60mph nearly half a second quicker than a 3950cc V8 Westfield...

What's that, skip? Faster than a car with more than four times as much displacement? Even though it has less than one third of the torque? And even with less than half of the power? Well I never... :rolleyes:

*n