1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What was the game you have played that most disappointed?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 6 Aug 2013.

1. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Wow, calm down. The only thing SMIFFYDUDE did was bounce your unnecessarily aggressive comment back at you, he added nothing else to it. Your initial comment, whether or not you intended it as such, implied quite heavily that Parge was indeed "one of those internet warriors who takes offence at anyone different to them".
    If I say "Aggressive and hypersensitive at the same time, are you sure you're not a troll?", you'd see it as an insult too, and not as just "a valid question".

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I don't know why you've got so angry. You said, that one hadn't aged well, and the other got boring quickly, which aside from the very positive community and professional response to their release, implies that you enjoyed both initially, even if you don't today. You should check out some of the other games mentioned here, and see if they can't budge the above down your list.

3. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

With the clarification of thread title, Battlefield 4 and Rome 2: TW.

Both afflicted with design decisions, that drastically detract from the gameplay I enjoyed of earlier instalments.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Never finished either the Witcher or The Witcher 2 on the harder difficulties as the game was so frustrating to play at that point. ( pause select skill pause select next skill forever and ever miss time one ability you get one shot)

Dragon age 2 such a disapointment after playing the first game.

Mirrors edge on pc unplayable due to controller setup.

Total War Rome 2 at launch unplayable broken mess. GTA 4 on PC at launch was so broken it was funny. Could easily chuck in every single player FPS camp as they are nearly all identical in one way or another.

I also hate QTE.

None of the above compares to F.E.A.R 3 though that is a big pile of crap.

5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Bah Mirrors Edge and DA2. I loved the first Dragon age, played it for at least a hundred hours or more. The second was so... on rails almost. You didn't have a lot of choice over what you did compared to the first.

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Mirrors edge was the worst played 15 minutes and uninstalled rather poke my eyes out with a blunt stick

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Mirror's Edge for me was a bit like Psychonauts... i wanted to like it... i really did...

...but the controls were just horrible [on the xbox version that I played at least]

8. oscy

oscy Modder

But it's not my list we're talking about, it's someone not you. That's the whole point. I can't believe you don't understand this, let alone see taking a different view as an act of aggression. I know this is commonplace on the internet, but if you have self esteem issues, taking them out on the internet doesn't work, it makes it worse. Rather than tell people what they think or imply, try and see it from their perspective, it should be enlightening.

Also, the 'calm down' tactic has no effect, might I suggest trying the 'hater' one? Also include 'you obviously' and then finish with 'I'm not wasting my time' or 'I'm done'. I'd avoid using 'troll' and 'butthurt', those might not be subtle enough.

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Let's stop the arguing now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they most certainly are not entitled to cram it down someone else's throat and / or be aggressive with it.

Consider warnings given.

10. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Wow, GK - that was rapid... As you were :)

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I logged onto here for the first time in ages, saw this thread and thought "Gothic 3", ha!

Loved the first two, they were never as popular as they should have been, but I've not even played the third because of it. If I ever got back into gaming, I'd give it a shot though.

Edit: There's a Gothic 4, this is like having been in a coma!

Last edited: 2 May 2014
  12. Scott C

Scott C Minimodder

It was developed by Spellbound rather than Piranha Bytes though :)

13. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Must admit I did enjoy Arcania Gothic 4. It did only get average reviews though.

If you take it just as a 3rd person ARPG and not a Gothic game then it is a decent game in its own right. Its pretty linear rather than a huge open world which is the main thing against it, it is split into average size areas with numerous quests in each, each quest also has a quest beacon giving you the locale of where you need to be which the prior games didn't have. If compare it or expect it to be more Gothic 1 & 2 (even 3 to an extent) you will be disappointed.

There are 3rd party patches available for Gothic 3 which have fixed the bugs and done loads of other stuff to the game, if you get it on Steam now it actually patches it up to an Enhanced Build.

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Interesting, cheers guys.

I do have memories of trying to play the Gothic 2 expansion (which was released only in German) and not getting very far :hehe:

There were translations but again, I don't think I got it running.

15. Alf

Alf What's a Dremel?

There having been those which disappoint, but then there are those which are so far away from the hype it's astounding. Notable one's I've played are:

Mass Effect 3 - Forget the ending, I never made it that far, but after thriving on the first 2 (loved the first, like the 2nd) I thought they were taking the piss with the 3rd. Genuinely, it was like a spoof spin-off. The panto-villianisation of the Illusive man and Cerberus was shocking.

Red Dead Redemption - It's just bad. It's got lots of good elements, and I can understand why the story would draw people in and keep them playing, but to play it just feels awkward, clumsy and rotten. Marstons turning circle is especially rank, and the targeting system just makes things too easy.

Dragon Age 2 - Another case of the ME3's. Take something good, hype it up, and deliver something that's almost a spoof version of it. The combat was just woefully boring, and laughable to watch (especially the Darkspawn which belonged in Power Rangers).

Last edited: 31 Jul 2014