1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL What was your best and most memorable toy when growing up?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-44432, 5 Jun 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Actually, a lot of my old toys have gotten pretty valuble:
    Pre WW2 Meccano (a single little gear is worth about £7!)
    Steiff bear
    Fleischmann engines

2. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Um... From about the age of 6 I gave up "real" toys and took up PC games... I spent stupid amounts of my childhood playing minesweeper, and other random games I cannot remember before moving onto C'n'C and Star Wars Pod Racer. I honestly do not remember playing with toys... I spent a lot of time outside doing sport as soon as I got to school but honestly I have been a geek forever. When I was not allowed on the PC "because I will get square eyes" I used lego or built stuff in the back garden out of wood or explored the "forest" that surrounded our pool.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Ah man!

Manta Force! Had the Red and White Ship, had some epic times with those

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

lego...simply put it was my massive box of lego
    as a kid i could build anything ( provided i had enough lego )
    my proudest creation was a 4 ft long jet with swept back wings ( a small feat in itself )
    also built working paddleboats ( with the wind up motor )
    however usually they would not last that long as being autistic i would be massively into things for a while, then go off and go into something else, i would obliterate the model of say Star trek Enterprise and build a battleship / jet / tank etc etc
    should really have kept records of what i built

5. MJL2010

MJL2010 What's a Dremel?

It was lego for me. Must have absord a few thousand hours!

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Legos, pieces of paper and hot wheels. Not many of them mind you, was never that wealthy.

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ooo oo!! Micro Machines!!! :rock:

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I always find it strange looking back on what I had growing up and just what everything cost now that money has a real meaning. As a kid I always had some idea that my parents had vast reserves of money that they just didn't want to use for reasons I could never understand. It baffled me why I couldn't have that $60 Lego kit that was going out of production, I'd been good and promised to do extra chores! I now understand that it's likely they simply couldn't afford it at the time and "we'll think about it again on Friday" was waiting for the next paycheck to come in.

Elton likes this.
  9. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Holy crap now that you mention it I had a Manta Force as well! It was this thing here: http://www.mantaforce.co.uk/Collection/astro.html

That aside it's gotta be Lego and Micro Machines. The Lego boats which actually floated always blew my mind, as well as any car with working suspension lol. As for Micro Machines I had a lot of stuff from their military line, and the bases that went with it.

Good times :D

10. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I was pretty lucky with toys as a child being the youngest of seven as toys were handed down, i had a scalextric and meccano, was never really into girls toys at all, had action horses with barbie, but also had action man, i did have a farm with all the models and still have it.

But i didn't have time for toys much as i have always had ponies, had many great times in summer riding playing cowboys and indians :D

11. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Lego. Just lego.

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

This! In every way. Except the last bit.

14. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

It's in a terrible state now but I loved this RC car a kid, I'm not sure what model it is but I think it might be a Max Hopper. Body has become brittle and faded, pretty much falls to pieces when touched, chassis is fine though.
    [​IMG]

Not a toy but a game book series I used to play to death:geek:
    Fabled Lands
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
  15. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Again, like so many others, Lego. I remember my finest creation was a fully functional M3 Halftrack with working suspension & steering. Shame that it's only a memory now.

Also built plastic model kits, did Warhammer in my two-digit years and then moved onto R/C cars.

Didn't start gaming until I was at least 10, and didn't have an Internet connection until I was 15.

16. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Tamiya Frog... touted as the best R/C offroad car in it's time, before Associated's RC10.... I mowed lawns over one entire Summer to earn one along with a FUTABA radio..... My father would drive me around in his car in a huge parking lot as we followed the Frog drive out in front of us.. Great times

[​IMG]

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I have one word for you, Hornet! Admittedly not as good as the frog but it was fun :D

18. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

YES!

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Well would you look at that..I had one of those! But until today I had totally forgotten! Man I spent hours and hours playing that.

Thanks for the memories! :thumb:

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

K'nex and lego!

I used to love making massive things as i had a ton of it! always so much fun and never ending enjoyment!

[​IMG]