1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would happen if...

Discussion in 'General' started by losermeetsworld, 20 May 2006.

1. losermeetsworld

losermeetsworld What's a Dremel?

I pulled the 600watt PSU out of my friend's FX55 setup and replaced it with a 150 watt PSU i found under my bed? I owe him a good prank but I don't want to be paying for any damage...

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It'd probably refuse to boot and just hang, as if the mobo or processor was dead.

I don't think it'd damage anything, but there've got to be better pranks out there.

3. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

It could just not work... or, it could blow the PSU and the hardware attached to it up ;)

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

He has an FX55. Unless he's made of money and just got one of those because they sounded neat, he won't be your friend after you do that. If one of my family touched my pc I'd be angry. But a friend never screws with your PC. It'd be like screwing with a mates car, you just shouldn't do it.

As hitman says, it might just not boot, or it might cause damage. I really really wouldn't do it.

5. ToiletGamer

ToiletGamer What's a Dremel?

It may do no damage but thats just to harsh. Find some other way to prank him.

6. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

buy an IDENTICAL case an fill it with the slowest, worst pc evAr

7. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Now that is creative. It's not good to mess with a friends PC, it just isn't right, especially when damage could be caused.

8. tipsterb

tipsterb What's a Dremel?

why not just get a powercable that plugs into the powersupply and the wall, remove the wires inside the plug so its a dud cable and watch him go crazy trying to fix it!!

9. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

how about some of the usual pranks like setting an image of his desktop as his wallpaper and removing everything from the desktop, foiling his room while he's out, cling film over his door etc

btw, i like the replacing his pc with a rubbish version idea. if you could get an image of his HDD first aswell so everything is the same except the hardware that would be brilliant

10. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Go into microsoft word and edit the autocorrect words!

Change I to "my P*nis" and the to "the smelly" etc.

Always works like a dream.

11. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I wouldn't mess with his setup either. What if you damaged something..
    I like the idea of getting the same case and loading it with slow gear and wait how long it takes for him to find out.

Or just put his hand in a bowl of water while he is sleeping..
    (after a night out and he had alot to drink). Don't forget to remove the bowl in the morning, so he will think he pissed his pants on his own.

L

12. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

has anyone actually did this and it worked, i always thought this was one of those urban myths. :naughty:

13. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

it works :grr:

14. gbeeby

gbeeby What's a Dremel?

dude ur pranks suck !!!

find something half descent like wrapping his car in industrial cling film

or if you want a techie thing to do wire his phone line so it plays an anoying song like crazy frog when its in use

or even changed all his phone contacts to funny names

or if your really up for a prank and his case has a window in the side take out all the compontents and fill it with water and fish

15. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Did the first one to my cousins car when he got married, also blocked the drive wheels just high enough just to stop him from going anywhere. :D

As for the second one I believe thinkgeek used to sell a window kit that had fake fish swimming around in it, I think it would make the ultimate res.

16. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Take an old hard drive (4gig+) and install linux on it.

Then disable his real hdd and make it boot from the linux drive.

He'll hit the roof ;)

17. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

[​IMG]

200 tesco bags and 140 metres of cling film :rock:

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Now that's a quality prank Acron :hehe:

p.s. If I found one of my friends had ****ed with my PC, they wouldn't be friends for long, especially if they broke something. Be careful what you do.

19. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I like the idea of getting an identical case and filling it with slow parts. The prank would be quite effective if you took is hard-drive out of his real rig and put it in the fake rig, so it booted the same.

Either that or use a new HD and watch him think windows uninstalled iteself. :lol:

20. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Really, Don't do this. if it does even turn on, it'll blow the motor controllers in his hard drive(s)... Most likely, it won't boot, but are you ready to pay for the replacment of his data and his pc?

The following images are from a maxtor 60gb drive that was on a GUTWay with an underpowered supply from the factory (they had put in an extra CDRW and another hard drive, running on a 90w power supply)

the drive tries to compensate for the undervolting in the controller, and eventually blew the controller.

if you are sensative to gruesome pictures of hard drive destruction, please shield your eyes now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]