1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What would you do with 30 million USD worth of whatever currency?

Discussion in 'General' started by chimmy09, 6 May 2010.

  1. stuartpb

    stuartpb Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    16 May 2008
    Posts:
    1,718
    Likes Received:
    86
    I would put away some money in a trust fund for my kids. They wouldn't get a free meal ticket in life, but I would make sure they had enough for a good house etc when the time was right. I wouldn't want them to have their hands on the cash, and give them the option of having to work or not. I would want them to have ambition and to work hard but know they had some security. I would then set up my Mum and mother in law, with a house each and enough money to keep them comfortable.

    I wouldn't want to be someone who was filthy rich and not working, so I would invest some of the money into my business, and would still work there. The extra cash would probably mean I had more spare time available, so I would probably indulge in some new hobbies (flying lessons would be one definite). I'm not really a big car lover, but I do like the old vintage cars, so I would probably buy one. I wouldn't go mad with a house either. I would like one big enough for me and my family, with some space for any future additions or visitors etc.

    Next up would be a good family holiday, with all my close family and friends. And that's about it, nothing majorly extravagant or wasteful. 20 years ago, and I'm sure my answer would have been vastly different though:D
     
  2. <A88>

    <A88> Trust the Computer

    Joined:
    10 Jan 2004
    Posts:
    5,441
    Likes Received:
    25
    Keep 10% and give the other 90% directly to people who really need it, maybe making a year of it.
     
  3. fev

    fev Industry Fallout

    Joined:
    13 Aug 2003
    Posts:
    0
    Likes Received:
    20
    Hippy
     
  4. <A88>

    <A88> Trust the Computer

    Joined:
    10 Jan 2004
    Posts:
    5,441
    Likes Received:
    25
    Not at all. I'd use my 10% to ensure I at least have a good barber with me at all times.
     
  5. deanimate

    deanimate New Member

    Joined:
    14 Sep 2009
    Posts:
    15
    Likes Received:
    1
    Buy a massive cat and give him a huge hug :)
     
  6. stonedsurd

    stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

    Joined:
    11 Mar 2009
    Posts:
    7,767
    Likes Received:
    294
    Oooh yes. I'd love to have a big cat. Like a Tiger or even a Lynx.
     
  7. Sloth

    Sloth #yolo #swag

    Joined:
    29 Nov 2006
    Posts:
    5,634
    Likes Received:
    208
    So going by typical California prices... 30 million will get you 5 acres? :p

    Some waterfront property might really be worth that, in my mind... some of those beaches are like stepping into Heaven :jawdrop:
     
  8. TheUn4seen

    TheUn4seen New Member

    Joined:
    22 Oct 2009
    Posts:
    68
    Likes Received:
    2
    Buy Lily Cole. If there is something left, invest half in my company and half in scientific research (physics).
     
  9. deanimate

    deanimate New Member

    Joined:
    14 Sep 2009
    Posts:
    15
    Likes Received:
    1
    Or if you're looking for a cat that can't eat you then a Maine **** could be a good bet.
    Either way, big cat for the win :D
     
  10. Pie_uk

    Pie_uk British beef, in Britain

    Joined:
    6 Apr 2005
    Posts:
    2,683
    Likes Received:
    7
    HAHAHA love it! made me lol
     

Share This Page