1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What!?!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ChriX, 17 Oct 2001.

1. ChriX

ChriX ^

I was dissapointed when I found that there is no multiplayer option on MaxPayne :( :( Does anyone know if there is a planned multiplayer patch as in Deus Ex?

2. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

I doubt it m8, anyway 3rd person games make for poor multiplayer games ;)

I thought I heard about a muliplayer mod some people where doing for max payne, but I could be wrong.

3. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Hmmm...
    Haven't heard anything from PC Gamer Towers and they usually have the scoop :(
    I heard there was a severe lack of mods for MaxPayne too cos it was really hard to program. Secondary sources tho so keep your eyes open...

4. ChriX

ChriX ^

ok, looks like half life is still the game to be playing then :)

5. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

How could you doubt that for a second? :)

6. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

if there was to be a max payne multiplayer add on how would the whole bullet time thing work if dif players were all doing it at different times?

7. ChriX

ChriX ^

Thats what me and my mates were thinking, it would probably have to be disabled, i'd still like it to have the dives though.

8. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

yeah the diving is kool, but u cant dive properly without bullet time on, if there was a multiplayer mod for max payne i probably wouldnt get it

9. ChriX

ChriX ^

oh, it would have to be a free mod, like the Deus Ex multiplayer was. I wouldnt buy it.

10. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

if they wanted to put bullet time intp max payne they would have to do one of the following:

i) make it so that when you do bullet time, it affects everyone in the level.

ii) make it so when one person does bullet time it affects everyone within a certain distance, and when you run into this 'bullet zone' it starts affecting you too

iii) include a peripheral with the game that is USB and slows down time because i head that USB can slow down time because USB is cool and it can slow down time.

11. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

or maybe it was firewire

12. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

no, you're getting confused with software, it's WINDOWS that slows down time

13. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

Windows? I thought it was only boring old maths teachers that could do that ;) :D

14. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

There is a max payne multiplayer mod being developed by someone and it has cool guns in like the MP5

15. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

the opera, or summot like that, a half life mod, lets u do dives and stuff, cant rember webby so ull have to look ya self :)

16. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

17. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

The best way to implement bullet time in maxpayne would be to make it affect all the players, but only the person who activated it had the normal speed aim - everybody else's aim speed would slow down like your enemies usually do

18. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

But why bother, cos everyone would activate their own Bullet Time so they could aim properly.

Max Payne and Multiplayer will never be a reality I'm afraid. Far too tricky. It's a fairly decent single player game, but that's all it will ever be.

19. batsman

batsman the quiet one

i would be hard to create some sort of bullet time compatable muliplayer thing, there is another option or just playing it consantly at a speed in between normal an bullet time that way you would still get the effects and the 'dive' and you wouldn't hav to worry about the game being diferent speeds for each player. but i ecpect most games would find the game slow and very boring like playing rouge spear after quake 3 as of the differenec in speed of the games, its like fcuk this game is so slow.

Best bet for remedy is to bring out max payne/blueshift addons where you play from a different caracture tying to hunt max down. or a different story line like where your wife don't get shoot.

But at the mo i'm waiting for the matrix mod to come out so i can just relive the 'lobby scene'

oh and max needs to be able to do cartwheels really and fire when he jumps.

Tags: