1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Whats a nice import car?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bboy_Jon, 5 Dec 2005.

1. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Nice probe. It has the mx6 motor btw. So anything that works on a mx6 engine will most likely work on a probe. Awsome engine too. The stock one should be good to about 240hp then you need some upgraded internals. Turbocharge it and let it loose. Stick away from the 4banger one though.

2. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Member

Yeah thanks. Got the 6 in this one. Hoping to get a jspec by next summer (Drive an old 4banger 86 wagoneer in the winter.) Can't wait till I get it in though

<offtopic>--On of mydads/my best friends is a pilot has his own tour company. WHen I wanna test a car out, I just go up there, call into the radio "doin a Quick runway check. Can leagally go balls to the wall fast, my dad toped his buell out at 143 mph--Not THAT fast but for a 96 lightning its not to bad eh?

</offtopic>
    :thumb:

3. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

ya i wouldnt really MIND a probe, but id rather have an integra or somethin u know? id rahter not get an american car, but ya if my parents bought it or somethin i wouldnt mind one, cuz they look pretty nice

aight well today guys i got into a nice lil accident

snowed today (nos chool) 4-6 inches and i had to work :(

first day driving in the snow

so ya i go to work JUST fine, and 5 hours later, i leave (gotta tak my co worker home)

so ya im driving, when i stop at the exit of the mall parking lot, i feel my brake like not working, it jerks (im guessing theres some ice and crap, its sliding or somethin)

and so im like wtf, but ya so i keep going, i notice my parking brake light is on, so i stop at a turn (where i have to yield) so i press in the parking brake, and then depress it and the light is still on, so im like wtf

I keep going, stop at a stop light, keep goin, switch lanes and then the turn is coming up, i press the brake (im goina around 25-30) and the brake isnt responding too well, so im almost at the turn, i start turning the wheel and it doesnt WORK!!!!!!!

So ya no matter how much i turn the wheel my car wont turn, so i went straight into the island, so i continue and drive off it (right next to the dudes apartment)

so i continued, almost there and i notice its really hard to steer, like i have to turn the wheel a **** load more than normal, so i park, look at my wheels, and ya a piece of the edge of the rim is missing and my wheel looks flat sorta. And so it take me about 15 min of looking and backing up goin forward (and hearinga squeel in my tires) to notice my wheel is rubbed up against the fender

so basically my axle is ****ed, probly a new tire, possibly a new rim

maybe i can get this new car now

sucks that my first time in the snow had to be 6 inches of it

GAY!

4. jaguarking11

^^^Sounds like you should be walking.. or at least taking the buss.

5. fullfat

fullfat New Member

nissan pulsar gtir
    (currently on the look out for one myself)
    :)

6. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

i dont mind driving my gvan for the winter, id rahter risk ****in that up (its ****in a 92 so ya)

7. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Member

Hate to say it but I agree. To be honest 6 inches isn't a whole lot of snow. For a first time driver I can feel you, but I have driven in quite worse..

If I were you I would Wait on gettign nicer car and just drive an old banger to get used to winter driving.

Good luck!

8. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

ya if i get a new car now, im just gonna drive the gvan for the winter

no way im gonna drive a new car in the snow, let alone id still have to get used to driving manual

its not really a problem of mine, it was my car, something locked up (also the parking bnrake light was on for somereason) and ya my brakes i can understand not working, but i dont understand the column not moving the wheels

9. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Member

The power steering could have gone out, happend to me once, had to turn my wheel about 45 times for it to turn the wheels far enough to make the last turn we needed to make (just a right hand turn)

10. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

^^hmmm

does power steering make it so u have to turn the wheel less, to make a turn or does it just affect how hard u have to turn the wheel?

that could have been it^^^

11. jaguarking11

u guys are nutty. Power steering is just what it sounds. Its power asisted steering if it had gone out your weel would be as stiff as a virgin at a strip club.

I stalled an old pos car before and it had power steering. the thing went numb and could not turn easily. I had to breack and restart it as it was extremly heavy.

To me it sounds like you abused the crap out of that car and possibly drove a fiew good miles with a parking breack on. If thats the case cound yourself lucky you dint burn the dam thing. There have been fires from parking breacks before.

I still say you should take the buss. :rolleyes:

12. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

it couldnt have been the brake, ivedriven with it on like twice and that was quite some time ago, the reason the light was on i have no idea

as soon as i noticed, the first chance i got (at a right turn where u have to yeild, at an island) i stopped push down my parking brake, and then disengaged it, and the light was STILL on so i dunno what happened with that

but so ya power steering seems logical, because im pretty sure i was able to turn the car a LITTLE bit, but ya i had to turn the car a **** load

after i hit the island, the steering seemed fine, aside for the fact the my wheel was crooked and **** so i had to counter steer a crap load

13. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

did it turn, better when you gave it gas? w/out ps its a lot easier if you give it gas and turn the wheel.

14. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

no i didnt hit the gas, cuz i was trying to slow down, and my natural reaction is to hit the brake which didnt work cuz i guess there was ice or somethin

my dad says power steering cant go out like that he said there was ice and stuff, and my mom went down the same place where i hit and she went just fine going about 10 miles faster than me

15. dom_

dom_ --->

hold on so your brakes where not working multiple times yet you carried on driving?

thats very irresponsible

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

17. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

aight well my new coworker who started working today his dad owns a car shop and so he knows quite abit about cars, and he has some crappy pos ford festiva or somethin but he swapped an mr2 engine in it and its loud as ****

he also said hed look at my car

i was telling him about the mr2 that i linked and he told me he knows a bunch of people selling mr2s for less than that

theres one thats about 25 miles from me (as opposed to the 260 miles) and its red i think but ya its got around the same milage he thinks, and its the turbo one but its an after market turbo so its faster and it doesnt need any engine work. and most of all its only 1000 for him atleast, but he said he can hook me up so i can get it for 1000, im gonna check it out sometime

GOD I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! its also 1992

18. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

Galant VR4, 88 RX7 (Turbo version), 94-95 (OBD1 Version) Honda Accord, 2nd generation Eclipse (like a 1992 or 1993, the ones with the 6 bolt crank), any mid 90's Imprezza (but specifically the 2.5 RS or the 2000-2003 WRX, and especially a wagon 'cause wagons are bad-ass :D), and if you can find one, an old MKII Supra Turbo would be a fun drive.

Not an Integra, not a Civic. Too generic everyone and the high school sister has one. Although there's lots of parts, they are overplayed and nothing you do to it will be different then anyone elses car.

If money was no option, a Bugatti Veyron would be a nice ride. If you could come up with $1,000,000 I say go for it :)

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

Looking at how much petrol it eats, I think you'll need a bit more than that :D

20. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

Yeah, at top speed it will eat a full tank of gas in like 12 minutes IIRC, but you do go 70 miles or so in 12 minutes. Very fast.

Tags: