1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Now that its happened and I said I was looking forward to the rest - now that I actually am redundant and have money in the bank I feel absolutely wiped out and feel constantly worn out from doing nothing. Its been almost a week now. Keeping my eye out for other jobs and such like but only half an eye out. I'd forgotten just how busy I've been since we were all told in October we lost the contract to deliver the service for CAB.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Finding myself completely unwilling to ask my doctor about a endocrinologist. I need hormones to "develop" and I just don't feel comfortable asking him. Part of living in a small town.

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

unpaid ticket for car having no insurance in 2014... now it's £904 i said to the county court guy, I don't work, I don't claim benefits, I have absolutely no income, Nothing of value what do you want me to do? apparently cause it's owed to the government now i can go to the cells for 52 days for it? lol (which wouldn't wipe out the debt)

Can i pay towards it monthly though direct debit? NOPE

so what happens next then fella?

I'll be around next week with you're warrant for arrest lol, sounds like complete utter bs to me but still so they wont accept a db so i'm screwed i guess.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Probably time to at least speak to the CAB, or perhaps even a solicitor...

5. Weekly_Estimate

Just noticed cab have a live chat feature so i'll go down that route :), thanks for the heads up

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This is petty... but whatever.

UK Mail.

I ordered some new motorbike jeans and a few odds and sods last week and paid for Saturday delivery. Got an email the same day saying that one of the items, a teeny bottle of visor cleaning solution, was out of stock and they'll send it with next day shipping as soon as they get it - they expected it to be in stock by Tuesday the 1st. No worries, says I, I need the jeans as soon as and the rest of the stuff isn't that urgent. After throwing my bike on the floor on Wednesday I came home to the predictable "sorry you were out" card; a bit miffed since this bottle is tiny, I can't imagine that they'd send it in a box that wouldn't fit through the letter box, so why not just shove it through the letter box? Whatever... I forgot to arrange re-delivery - I had to make sure my bike's electrics weren't shot, which I considered more of a priority. They attempted delivery again on Thursday and left a second card... but the tracking info hadn't been updated on their website. I arranged re-delivery yesterday evening and told them to "leave it in a safe place"; "behind the gate" was an option listed, and that was fine by me - this is a bottle of cleaning solution worth about £5, I'm not gonna shed any tears if someone nicks it. I get home and find... no delivery behind the gate, no "missed delivery card", and no updates on the tracking page.

The depot for UK Mail is over in Taff's Well. For those not familiar with the geography of Cardiff - which is probably most of you - that's only about 20 minutes away if you have a clear run. Except you can't have a clear run because you have to go through the city centre or hit the M4 - there's no such thing as a "clear run" on those roads no matter when you go. Even on the motorbike where I can filter to my heart's content. The last time I had to go to that depot it took us over an hour to get there and at the time we lived closer to the city centre - right now I live on the far opposite end of Cardiff. I don't get home until about an hour before the depot closing time, so I've got no chance of going to get it; more to the point I am not sitting in traffic for a ****ing hour stressing out about getting there on time just to pick up a £5 bottle of ****ing visor cleaning fluid.

The tracking still hasn't been updated since Tuesday so I have no idea where the **** this stupid little bottle of cleaning fluid is. I am not spending two hours getting across town and back just to pick up £5 worth of stuff, but at the same time I've paid for **** that hasn't been sent to me. All they have to do is shove the stupid little jiffy bag through my letter box or put it behind the gate like I sodding asked them to.

7. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

What is it you need? Can the Dr. You see give them to you?

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

My favourite wok broke and the spare doesn't quite fit on the cooker...

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I hope I'm wron
    You calling your Mrs fat ? lol

MeMo and Kronos like this.
  10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I'm transitioning as a MtF transgender. Need an endocrinologist's knowhow to avoid really messing me up.

12. Weekly_Estimate

So i’ve been working on a personal project for two years, basically it being like pcpartpicker but for bikes so you choose the parts it tells you if there compatable or not, runs a price comparison check so you get them the cheapest etc, let’s you save the build and post guides and stuff so i’ve coded everything from scratch meanwhile learning to code.

I’m weeks away from launch and just noticed pcpartpicker have hired a team to make them one for bikes so that’s my work blown away i guess at least i can take away everything i’ve learned onto new projects because there's no way in hell i can compete with such talent and monies.

Welp back to the drawing board with my new found skills

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

maybe they would buy it from you?

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My, those new steak knives are sharp !

FFS.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Pretty pointless otherwise.:grin:

16. Vault-Tec

haha yeah true ! what's annoying is I thought "Right, those new steak knives will be sharp be extra careful when washing them up !" and still cut myself :D

17. Vault-Tec

Cleaning out the coffee machine for use. You need to run distilled white vinegar through it to remove limescale inside (or it stops working) and it stinks. My flat mings like the fish and chip shop :(

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I can't sharpen my steak knives (serrated), but I bought some decent knives recently and I keep them as sharp as I possibly can. I've already cut myself once or twice with them and didn't even feel it. Damn nice to have decent knives though - the first time I chopped onions with one the blade practically glided through it.

19. Vault-Tec

I've got a set of Victorinox knives I bought about seven years ago. I've looked after them very well (cleaning them immediately and returning them to the roll) and they have never needed sharpening. Never cut myself with them either, I only did that with blunt knives tbh. The new ones are serrated, but I put them in the drainer blade up. This way they don't get battered around and dulled. I slid my thumb across one putting another one in. And then today I've been working with bleach and vinegar. So it's basically hurt like a biznitch all day lol.

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I've got an interview tomorrow, well, today, this morning, for a new job I really REALLY want. I've had to push the interview back a day thanks to a bout of the poops and despite being thoroughly shattered from previous lack of sleep from all the pooping and throwing up, I've barely slept a jot all night and have just about given up now. Only an hour and a half till my alarm goes off and who needs sleep anyway! :rollingeyes:

Vault-Tec likes this.