1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Tigerdirect.com

Had the thoroughly unpleasant experience of shopping with them over the weekend. Newegg refused to have my shiny white Pentax K-x in stock, so I initially thought "Well, TD's a tech etailer..." and had a look. Turns out their sale was actually better than Newegg's by $10 and it was in stock! I immediately ordered on the assumption that a $110 sale was something to jump on. So I shift through the cluttered checkout process and notice something bizzare: there's a text field stating an estimated shipping date. Worded just such that I can't, for the life of me, determine whether it's telling me my order should arrive by then (it didn't change when I altered my shipping options) or when they will deliver it to the carrier (it suggested Oct. 13th... I should damn well hope it's shipped by then when they say it's in stock!). But finally the order is placed and I remind myself to be happy that I got a nice camera with a great sale.

Then I remember Amazon.com and do something which should never be done. I looked up the K-x and it was on a whopping $140 sale and had Amazon's much better checkout process. Serves me right for being impatient.

Plus, classes start again today! Hooray for night classes which turn my comfortable 8 hour work day into a 12 hour gauntlet of torment.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah I stopped ordering altogether from tigerdirect.. they doubled up a rebate one time to make it look really good.. later found out from ocz it wasn't legit

called up tigerdirect and they wouldn't honor it.. sounded like I was talking to a machine that wouldn't hear reason- so with that kind of customer service they haven't got a penny from me since.. filed a claim with the ftc in case there were more cases like this- they could get shut down if they scam enough people

I shop mainly ebay, svc.com (they have an awesome deal on decent overstocked 80mm fans right now), amazon, newegg, petras tech shop

3. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

The girls who i has been dating called me by the ex name :wallbash:
    and my exgf sent a stupid email today :wallbash:

This is will be a really hard week :duh:

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Dude, totally don't worry about the first one, I used to get confused between my old and new g.fs all the time. Its no big deal, it just the name I used to associate with the person I was dating. Pretty awkward, but I doubt there is much more to it than that.:thumb:

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Well, not right now, but we've just had someone quit at work, and my co worker goes on leave (holiday) this thursday, which means I'm fooked. Gonna be working 12 hour days and shyte till he gets back.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Serves you right for buying a pentax dslr :D hehe

Yes yes, to the previous post of mine, serves me right for buying a new lens :(

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm quite excited for it! For $530 it's a pretty powerful bit of kit! And it looks just as pretty as the photos it will take. I'll take some mirror shots when it arrives to breed envy! :D

8. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Thanks man i overreacted :blush:

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Havn't been able to find any Guinness black lager...try again at the weekend I guess. fs.

10. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

^^ This, except I'm doing a 14 hour day, 3 days in a row :wallbash:.... it is total hell, but they were the only class times I could get that would work for me.

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

A 7am fire drill in my halls.. not nice when I'm still partially drunk, yet hungover at the same time... Was also one last night, fire escapes are much harder to get down after 10 pints...

Oh, and the best thing? I've got to endure another 2 of these morning drills at some point over the year..

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Hmmm...white body with black lenses? I think not. :yawn:

13. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Planning the shooting of a TV documentary next month and learning that 'impossible' simply seems to mean 'try harder' to TV people. Some of the ideas they come up with to cram everything into one day seems like sheer madness.

Just hire the crew for a day or two more. Geez.

14. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Think i left a message on this thread agesss ago saying how my life was grand :rolleyes:
    It seem's i put a curse on myself.

First off i get involved in a car crash with an uninsured driver which is looking to take ages to sort out and get any money back off it whatsoever.

then my partner's car gets nicked and smashed up, likewise due to circumstances insurance company is being slow about paying out.

Then to top it all off i get people telling me that my partner is in fact cheating on me and i gotta admit there's alot of signs that there is. (o and she now tells me shes pregnant)

On the plus side i still have a job :clap:

maybe i shouldn't of said that....

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Sucks...

Ruining my life?

this bug i've woke up with, its like My brain is trying to expand out my skull, well my nose are blocked my eyes are hurting and wont open fully, the cough... argh, soon pass though :clap:

16. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

I bought a big pack of preztel snacks and havn't been able to ration.

If I had decided to tell bit-tech about this just as I had started this pack it would be in the 'making my life awesome' thread. However, since I have almost finished the pack and now feel fat and unhealthy its going in here.

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Come back to work after a day off to find a client complaining that our logo appears on our site. :rolleyes: The mind boggles.

18. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

The stupidity of the situation you describe makes me think you didn't explain it correctly. Or did you? :confused:

Details please :D

19. panic_mechanic

panic_mechanic I've never done a mod!

I have an complete idiot for a manager!!! And it must be that time of the month because she is even worse than usual, crapping on my head and apologizing to the chap that didn't do his job.

FS!!!!! :wallbash:

20. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i have this guy who works for me that is an absolute pain in the arse.

never does what i have told him to do, and on top of that, its my time of the month!!