1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

Somehow I feel at home in this thread, although this day wasn't actually that bad. It's actually my birthday. Out of 27 people invited, 6 actually came, which is slightly higher than expected, kind of a good thing (not counting obvious family like parent and brothers).
    The weird thing is that now I'm tired and I'm feeling a bit down, which is weird after a relatively succesfull birthday, but it's more in line with rest of the week.

My week is filled with mostly nothing, I only have 4 lectures a week spread over 4 days. And my motivation is proportional to the amount of lectures, so I don't do much at all. No motivation at all, I just keep postponing things.

But the biggest thing is feeling alone on the world. I can only imagine girl trouble, I've never had any relationship (I'm 22 now btw). Any real friend? Not really, a few that care a bit, but that's it. I've had it worse, so I try not to whine about it. Thing is, there's nothing keeping it from getting worse, so I don't have high expectations. But it's like this for over 5 years now, with rarely ups and lots of downs, and I seem to lose hope a bit. Before those 5 years I just pretty much didn't know anybody, but it didn't seem to matter much.
    I've never been tested for anything, but I probably have some tick. My university study (applied physics) goes quite good, excellent grades, not counting the periods I crash and drop some courses. Being intelligent but having lousy social skills probably has a name. And I think that my feeling become a bit rational, I sometimes have something like "I should feel like this right now" but I don't feel a thing but I just pretend because it seems appropriate to the situation.

2. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Solve itself as in let her go through with it? Never - my kids need their mum as much as they need their dad.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Oh, you have kids together. Well that's a tough situation, sorry mate.

4. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

I hear you there man. I desperately want to move away from this town but I simply can't afford it. I'm freelance, only been doing it for a year or two so my network is still small.

One day, one day.....

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Okay, mildly (read: VERY!!) drunk rant..

People who are just utter *****.

Backstory: I'm a Fresher at Uni, and there's a fair amount of banter on out floor in halls, we look out for each other.

Anyway, We come back after a night out to find someone from another flat (same floor) passed out near the halls, it's bloody freezing outside btw. So, I'm a little tipsy, but yeah. I wake her up, bring her round, take her to KFC (Ken's Fried Chicken ;) ), get her some food etc and help her back, decides to collapse in a sofa in the lobby, fair enough, I run to grab her flat mates to help her up.

Come back and she's passed out, wake her up again. And just sit there with her, talk to her, make sure she's ok. Flatmates are with her, but you know, I'd like to make sure she gets back ok. And then it begins...

She flies off the handle, shouting at me, and why should I care etc.. Tbh, I shouldn't, but there's something inside me that does, so that's why I walked 20mins with you to get food and gave you my coat to keep you warm.

So anyway, if you're going to fly off the handle, drunk or sober, what's the ****ing point? Eh? Next time you can go out, get raped, whatever, **** you, I don't give a ****.

Anyway, that's what ruined my night. Maybe not my life, but still. It's a pain in the ass.

Smilodon likes this.
  6. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

@mars-bar-man
    +1 for being the good guy and sticking up for/taking care of the girl, even if she went and bitched you out for it. Dont quit that habit, its a good one. You might get some dumb twits who bitch you out for being nice, but it eventually pays off. ;) Also, your post is proof chivalry isnt dead yet.

OT: I dont have $25k-30k to drop on a Golf TDI.

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

Sealed package on a clear surface, inside some 2x 2gb ddr2. The parcel is addressed to me, nobody else. While I was away celebrating, feeling fairly confident I would return home to a nice cool shower and warm bed, no worries. I come back, Room (2 rooms) are spotless....which is rare I must admit, but everything has basicly been shoved to one side of the room and looks as if somebody just wanted to have a nosey around my stuff. So this package, lifts itself off the surface, opens itself, and the sticks are later found on the floor under a load of encyclopedias and the other at the other end of the room, so they have legs now too. Tools, screws, cable ties etc? In a ****ing plastic bag after me spending time organising these things so that I would not lose them. Games, DVDs, all had been alphabetised.....on the floor in multiple piles.

Why? Just so that someone could have a look at my stuff and know every little detail of how I go about my every day. This has happened a couple of times before, I now always have to lock my computer (log off) before I leave for any time longer than 15 minutes, I change the hiding spot for my bank documents every couple of days....and bare in mind I don't have people here all the time.

I do keep telling people, don't touch what doesn't concern you or you don't understand, infact just keep your hands and yourself out of my things. Is it normal to feel so insecure in your own home? I'm afraid one day it'll turn me into a basket case.

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

who has access to your room? that is crazy.

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Parent, sisters, they have keys I would trust my sisters with my bank documents, my life infact. I wouldn't trust my mother with a crayon.

You see, for some reason people feel that they must do things for me, which sometimes is a very nice gesture but when it's born out of nothing but noseyness it's just intrusive imo.

I remember I bought Conflict: Vietnam for the PS2 way back when, went out for an hour to knock about with mates, come home, disk was on stairs snapped in two next to the open case and manual. Game was sealed and un-opened when I left, it was my fault though >.>

Also happened with a 360, watched it get tossed across a room and bricks were shat, never barked at someone quite like that since. Going to have words with my sisters and see if they can help me get the message across that, I as an adult, am entitled to tell people to stay the **** out of my things unless asked to.

edit: That is only speculation, could have been a seriously weird break in, I doubt it though as no forced entry, all windows and doors securely locked. Nothing missing, that I know of anyway.

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

No it's not normal. And neither is the fact that people mess with your stuff like that. That's seriously creepy. What the hell.

11. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Sorry, I was looking for cookies :D

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I didn't see you there whilst i was looking for his p0rn stash..

13. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Thanks man, I'm not really looking to get anything out of it tbh, well not yet anyway ;) It just annoys me, saw the girl today actually. I honestly couldn't be arsed with even finding out how she was.. Meh, makes it all the worse now that I've found out she's on antibiotics for a reaction she had to a henna tattoo. Meh.

Wow, that's fricking weird/just plain wrong! I'd be livid man!

14. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Canon put a hidden camera to check who is taking your stuff.

15. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Canon, I wouldn't be surprised if the person who did that (you mother?) has OCD and can't help themselves. She may feel so compelled to put things in an order she understands she can't stop herself and doesn't see it as being wrong.

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Canon, LAND MINES, get them! :lol:

17. Canon

Canon Reformed

Cameras have crossed my mind before....hmm red devil mines, those ones that come up to about a metre and spin before releasing shrapnel? Yes please.

My mother certainly does not have OCD, if you could see her decorating you would understand. I think she is maybe a bit paranoid, I don't know. But dammit coming home to find some personal things stacked up that I wouldn't want ANYONE apart from myself and the recipient to see and knowing it's all been rifled through or read....it's weird. Oh and the password hint on my computer....what the hell? Must have been Burnout21

Fact is, my little nephew and niece, who I see almost every day, they know better than to nosey around my stuff and they respect the fact that I will get angry if they break or lose my belongings, and they're kids!

And I'm sorry Cookie Monster, I only stock maryland cookies (double choc chip) sorry to disappoint, had a chuckle though :D

edit: sorry not red devils what am I thinking? The Valmara 69 is the nasty mine.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2010
  18. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

wtf im getting depressed, here we go another brain meltdown.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Everything is pretty much crumbling around me as I breathe.

Although perhaps I am overthinking it.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

my router went bang in the middle of the night and took out the ring mains. I'm hoping its just the plug thats dead or I can kiss goodbye to a £100 router :(