1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bit-tech is actually pretty good compared to most places. Thankfully we also didn’t have to change much as bit-tech was fairly close anyway it’s just going through to check everything is a pain.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

That's what I've found from other friends in fairly compliance reliant firms. If you were following the previous laws properly its not a dramatic adjustment bar a contract amendment for storing personal data such as bank details and emergency contacts.

Plus side is, I've got £10 vouchers for all the shops / firms I use anyway just for staying on their email lists... which all go to a trash Gmail account anyway.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I've plagiarised this from reddit.

A: "Do you know a good GDPR consultant?"

B: "Yes."

A: "Great! Can you give me his email?"

B: "No."

:)

IanW, Guest-23315 and MLyons like this.
  4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We got a good chuckle out of this. :thumb:

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

CEX.

Last two purchases from them - a CPU that was DOA and the Ivy Bridge 3570 that arrived today in place of the Haswell that I ordered.

Gah! :wallbash:

adidan likes this.
  6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh... that i5 3570 just won't cram into a waiting 1150 socket :sad:
    GLW getting the right working CPUs

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Went full f-bomb to the moon and back at the management team, after asking for 8 weeks for support for them to only turn around in a "crises" project meeting and ask me why I hadn't said anything sooner...

Plus side my line manager and MD haven't said anything about it, and those who I "educated loudly" have since knuckled down to start pulling as a team.

Love the company, love the job but starting to hate the lack of accountability some people have which is seriously making me think I should move on. Its all that was running through my mind post "f-carpet-bombing", if a place can raise my emotion to that level then it must be toxic.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Sounds like a similar situation for me, single point of failure for a project been asking for support for months. Now I've been signed off with stress/anxiety they are in full panic mode an have been ringing me to try an get me to come in.

Id'd agree you need out if its that bad there.

On the stress/anxiety side of things though I did a mood assessment managed to score 20 out of 24, bad apparently.
    Work are not happy but meh, docs advised a day or two to build up some decent energy levels an then exercise an go do things I want to help me unwind.

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Preparing to move to the States is fun and all, but seeing we’re strapped for cash, I have to sell my car, Mazda MX-5 “Miata” (US import, ironically). I don’t have many possessions, but the ones I do have I cherish. Having to sell my car really breaks my heart. I love owning it and driving it.

His name is Pascal.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My car's current name cannot be displayed by this forum.

Whilst it's state of health is a pain, I am waiting for the wheel bearing needed to get it through it's MOT, which I mistakenly (foolishly) allowed to be delivered by Yodel. That wheel bearing will achieve low Mars orbit before it reaches my house, a second one is coming by DHL and I've been taking the bus to work...

11. MLyons

Still waiting to get the engine replaced on my car :(

12. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

My car gives me sciatica. Fun.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

In a particularly first-wordly life-ruining, there's a problem with the AVR I ordered earlier in the week.

There's an issue on the digital audio board that NAD are aware of, and a fix is known-ish, but awaiting confirmation from a few owners in the field who are testing the new revision of the board. The long and short of it is that I'm awaiting info from NAD to decide whether I take this and swap the board out as and when, or if a fix is imminent just wait for the new board to be swapped before it's installed at home. Fortunately it's a modular design and it's a task akin to swapping PCI cards, but still bums me out that an amp with my name on it is sitting in store as of this morning and I can't rush there and get it immediately :/

14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

My wife trusts me so much, instead of sending me a shopping list, she sends me pictures from the supermarket website.

Guest-23315 and MLyons like this.
  15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

had an appointment with a charity the NHS mental health team refereed me to after an hour it was decided they would refer me back to the SAME Mental health team who sent me to them

but hey at least its a break from the usual back and forth i get between the Mental Health Team and the Learning Disabilities Teamr

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

If she's online grabbing pictures she may as well do an online shop and save you a trip.

Mister_Tad and MLyons like this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

My wife does do our shopping online. Suits me Sir.

18. Sajuuk

Sajuuk Outsider who isn't welcome.

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

MLyons likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hit a production database cluster with a "truncate ... cascade" statement by mistake.

FML.