1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Not RUINING, but making it more annoying.
    When you say "sure - I'll do the firm this favour and handle this project without all the paperwork, because it won't get done otherwise. Give me 12 Weeks with the final spec, and it's done." - in Feb
    In late May you get something and the words "you'll have to figure out the exact spec from this."
    Then you get told due date is 07 July, but the person that needs to approve everything is not there from 01 July, since they're on vacation.

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

That's the kind of crap I'd get in writing.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Quite frankly - I lost ALL OF my sh** in this case, told them to be thankful that I am doing it at all, told them that I am already spending 12+ hours at work every single day, contrary to what our labour law says (complete with sections, paragraphs, etc - LLB part time has its advantages), and they cannot expect to compromise everything I asked for and still as for the favour on their terms.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You give an inch... They take a liberty! :wallbash:

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Exactly that...
    Not a great day to do that, though... Wife was in tears last night, cause her favourite aunt was admitted to ICU cause she's not waking up (in the recovery ward at the hospital)... so yeah... not much sleep, the work noise, generally high levels of pressure - not a great combo.
    anyway 'nuff crying from me. ;)

6. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

LOL
    But I like the exotic tea. :p:

I've got a bunch of loose leaf teas from all over Asia and Africa, white, green, black, oolong and pu'erh, so it's not just a single type or from a single place I'm drinking.
    I think either my body's intolerant to some obscure pesticide on the Chinese ones that's probably illegal here :p:, or there's something in tea itself (caffeine, tannines, theine, ...) I've always been slightly allergic to and it was just the increased quantity of tea I'd started to drink every day that made it apparent (regularly ~1,5L).

I'm going to try experimenting in a few days to see exactly what triggers the rash and I'll start out with the bog standard teabags I've been drinking for years. If those give a response there's something very weird going on.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yorkshire Tea needs banning because it tastes like ball soup.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Can't say i'm in a position to comment as i've not drank ball soup myself.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I always found comments such as "this tastes like a donkeys backside" etc, rather irksome.
    It infers not only have they tasted said animals anus but also enjoyed it enough to recall the flavour and wish to share this information with others.

Mine, come back into work, overly "oh sorry" manager trying to be overly nice then kindly dumps a trainee on me plus a pile of work. Just what you want after being signed off with stress/anxiety.

*edit*
    Also to add to this my return to work meeting basically confirmed they wont change anything (work was the main stress driver) bar moving me onto the lower rate of sick pay due to being off for more than 15 days over a 12 month period. So being signed off for two weeks plus a single days sickness in September last year is enough.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2018
  10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I take it you didn't attend a private school then...

Guest-23315 and adidan like this.
  11. adidan

:)

Nah, none of the biscuits at my school were soggy.

MLyons and Guest-23315 like this.
  12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

:lol:

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

:winking:

Oh I've seen some things...

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Hayfever.

God. I. Hate. Hayfever.

adidan likes this.
  15. adidan

* pulls up a seat for Hayfevers Anonymous *

The_Crapman, Guest-23315 and MLyons like this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I hate hayfever too, mostly because of the lack of sleep. Makes my wife snore like a wildebeest :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Left the house a little early this morning so I could aquire a bacon butty or something from the greasy spoon at the bottom of our road. It's always open when I walk past on the way to the station, but not today. Saunter on to the station, get the train, get a seat after the next stop which is a bonus. Headphones in, YouTube on. Usual pile-off at snow hill and Moor Street, little activity after as is the norm. Until some 15 mins later when rather a lot of people get up to leave. A lot of people for a usually sparse train to Stratford. Because it's not the train to Stratford. I'm in Solihull. ****. Only going to be an hour late for work :rollingeyes::wallbash::duh:

IanW, Vault-Tec and MLyons like this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I really shouldn't laugh but I did.

When I used to live with my mother it was a village that literally closes at 11pm and is in the middle of nowhere. Three times I was outside having a cig quite late and a still drunk man would stagger up to me asking where the nearest hotel was lol. Three times it happened, poor sods. Mum's village was the last stop, they had all fallen asleep on the train and then been locked out of the station. They must have slept in a field hahahaha.

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Nat ****ing West...

Need to speak to them about stuff...

Can I Use the app? No, no smartphone
    Can I Use their online banking? No... because it never ****ing works
    Phone banking? at 30p/min I ****ing think not
    Visit a branch? lol... what ****ing branch?