1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Work - seriously I'm wondering what I'm doing here. I feel uninspired.

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Feeling completely inconsequential and replacable. It's amazing how quickly some people forget about others when there's no benefit to themselves. I'm quickly learning the deeper meaning of "cog".

3. magickangaroo

magickangaroo What's a Dremel?

trying to get 20 post for scan posting without my posts been pointless. Thanks for this thread now at 20!

4. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

waiting 3 weeks for the cd i ordered.

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Don't forget 'tool' while you're working with 'cog'.

Nothing's ruining my life yet - that'll come tomorrow when my future at Uni is decided.

For now, still figuring women out. I feel like I want a relationship, but I have a hard time figuring out what girls are looking for, reading signals, etc. So sometimes I get the "just friends" thing, sometimes the "just wanna screw around" thing but so far nothing in the "yes, I want a relationship too" area.

6. gymman39

gymman39 What's a Dremel?

another pay cut in work aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh..!!

mvagusta likes this.
  7. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

The difference between the latter and two former options is often decided by how you're acting, not how she's acting.

You may be worried you're not able to read signals, but are you sending the correct signals to start with?

For example, the "just screwing around" or "relationship" is easy to decipher. Now, this is going to sound totally crazy, so brace yourself, you need to turn down sex. When you have to opportunity to go upstairs for "coffee", just play it off like "Actually, I have to be somewhere tomorrow morning, but how about we have dinner tomorrow night". Make it clear you're not a man-****.

Do a few activities, then have some sex. Congratulations, you have without realising it, wandered into a relationship.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You calling me a tool? :eeek: :p

It actually does apply, though. I hate getting sucked into behaving exactly as schools would like me to, working on through and feeding them money with tuition while no one really cares if there's a real education gained in the process. But the only way to succeed is to just shut up and be a tool. Here's to two more years of nodding and smiling.

Good luck with Uni, entrance tests or academic probation decision?

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

erm... should you be posting that in your works forums? :worried:

10. stonedsurd

The ones I would turn down sex with aren't the ones asking while the ones I barely care about are.

Easeir said than done, eh?

No, just working with synonyms :p

The latter. And my counselor called in sick or something, so I have to wait until tomorrow.

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

He doesn't work for bit-tech, think that's been covered before which is how I know ;)

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

It's turning into the exact same ******** it was last year. Autumn, sun goes away, it's cold, always rains and dark outdoors. Indoors it's just the same boring grayness from one day to another. Gonna end up sounding all emo, but really so what, that's what's ruining my life. School started much better than last year but meh..

13. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well, went out tonight on the pretense that I would have a laugh, not only is it midnight and I'm still ****ing sober even after spedning 2 hours drinking almost continuously, I've also smashed the screen on my HD2, to rub salt in the wound, I don't have insurance. Which to me? **** it, O2 are replacing this piece of **** phone whether they like it or not. I'm paying £50 a month, they're replacing it. If not? I'll burn the ****ing store down, not only that, I've discovered that one of my flat mates, who I thought was a proper decent laugh has turned out to be a ****. And absolute c.u.n.t.

Tbh, I'm really wondering about this place and the world. It's a pile of ****, treats the people who are nice like absolute dirt, what's the ****ing point? I've tried my best, like take for example tonight? A mate is feeling down, pissed off etc, so I talk to them, see if they're ok. What do I get? "**** off." yeah, alright then. Thanks. Honestly can't be ****ed with anything right now, my Uni course? Meh, it's not all I was expecting it to be. My flat mates? One's never here, one's always playing games, and the other? See above.

F.u.c.k you world. I've had enough.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I was going to say the exact same thing :D

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Calm down mate... You've been drinking and clearly aren't thinking straight, and are easily pissed off. Your flat mate - some people dont want to talk about their personal problems and react angrily when people ask them about it. The one who's never there - so what? Peace and quiet I say. There was a guy who lived in a flat with me at uni who was never there either, but I didn't care because it gave me peace and quiet to study. The one who plays games all the time - again, if he wants to play games all the way through uni, let him. It's his loss. I almost did the same but caught myself on in good time.

If the people you are living with aren't everything you expected then go out and find some different people to hang with. The people you surround yourself with in life are the second most important thing in the world, family being first. I assume since you've just started uni you're about 18/19... Believe me, in 4 or 5 years time when you're (hopefully!) finishing uni and are my age, you'll either be glad you have some awesome friends who you will probably be friends with for life as well as your qualification, or you'll be sorry you wasted the time you spent with people who are no more interested in being a real friend to you than they are in cutting their own heads off.

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Thanks man,

I'm not actually that drunk, sweet shop party night out rave thing (massive amounts of refresher bars etc, all free) so any alcohol I consume was just nullified by the sugar.

As for the flat mate who told me to "**** off", I saw he was looking a bit depressed, so casually asked if he was ok. Was expecting a casual "Yeah, I'm fine", not what I got.

The guy who's never here? I say that, but it's a slight exageration. He's here, just spends a lot of time round another flat with a girl (which is more than can be said for me, no doubt there'll be a thread asking for help in a months time), but he's a proper decent guy. One with the games? Yeah, he's cool, is just locked away a fair amount, would be nice to get to know the guy tbh. And my comment about the other guy being a c**t? I'll re-evaluate my choice of words/expeletives tomorrow.

I've calmed down a fair bit since posting that >.< A book helped.. Oh, and I've just realised I'm playing 5-a-side with them tomorrow, hopefully the rage filled sugar high was just that. As for the phone situation? Any help :sigh:

17. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

matlab homework

18. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Put my trust on the wrong people.

19. stonedsurd

I feel your pain. Matlab was HELL.

20. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

This place is horrible for meeting people while your out, it really is.

Ever want to hang out dude, I'll pm you my number if you wish.

Just take a chill pill, my GF house-shared her first 3 months of uni, then left and commuted cause she lived in a house full of messy *******s, nice enough people but the mess was un-bearable.

EDIT: and my life is **** cause the weather is crap, and I had to walk 30mins as the bus broke down... yay.

And I'm at work :<