1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Right now, I WISH they'd find a way to write off our Fiat.
    Sump Compression that's unlikely to be caused by the turbo, electrical issues...
    I Don't WANT to buy a new car now, but I also REALLY hate that car lately... it seems like it's had continuous issues for the past year.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

On the subject of all things Wacom, one of the buttons on my three-year-old Intuos Pro has given up the ghost - it's stuck in the "down" position, so I've had to reassign it. It's not ruining my life, but it was a PITA to diagnose and fix.

Drivers-wise, I'm still using a driver dated April 2013 and it's been perfect ever since I installed it. But that's 'cos I'm using Windows 7, and not the sh!te version. :)

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Last day of my holiday in Austin, and today the British weather arrived. Stuck in the hotel because ALL the rain & record low temps (10C) for the time of year.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Don't worry we've got it over here as well

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

been working for 3 weeks on an application only to be told to sod off for not having enough experience despite having plenty of experience.

i'm betting my asking salary scared them off. not ****ing happy right now.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The old 'We want an applicant who is highly qualified, reliable and experienced but willing to work for an undergraduate pay grade,' trap.

Unlucky, but if that's the way they're thinking you might have dodged a bullet.

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, exactly. It does drive me nuts that employers don't disclose a salary range with the job spec, because it would save a lot of time wasted on both sides.

MLyons likes this.
  8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I was told once that I ask for "50% too much", when I asked for almost exactly what I'd earned the last 2 years up until that interview. Recruiters....

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I'm thinking i did as well but the insult still stings given everything I can and have done over the years.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup, had the same a little while back. Another company in the same industry came sniffing around all but offering me the job. One of the final things in the "interview" was the mentioning of the salary, starting at £5000 less than I am on now. Told them my current salary, not heard anything more...

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

They do annoy me, I applied for a role that specified 3+ years experience and ITIL, I have ITIL but I have 7 years experience, apparently I didn't have the correct experience :rollingeyes: recruiter was also highly miffed.

Also job related, had to turn down yet another great offer due to the M1 roadworks, and our team of 14 is now down to 4 heads due to "projects" but they still expect the same output volumes.

MLyons likes this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Voice of a mid- to high level manager: “I don't understand your sentence. You have x projects to deliver value in, go ahead. Most teams'd be happy to have enough projects to continue being employed in this difficult climate.“

MLyons likes this.
  13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Your first mistake was assuming we have management :lol:

perplekks45 and MLyons like this.
  14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

News from the auto shops:
    Fiat: Turbo is gone (this i knew) and then some. We're waiting for the quotes. Not sure how long this takes, Fiat is bad with parts quotes.
    Toyota: The Throw out bearing is here. The clutch has been showing "being processed" for the last few days now. Due to protests at our outlet in South Africa, we cannot say when this will be here.

So I just told them that they have until lunch to tell me when the part is here, as well as how Toyota is going to come towards me financially, considering that I have had to rent a car for a week now, and they cannot tell me how much longer. Their protest is costing me money now.

15. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The passive aggressiveness of the person training me after returning from her holiday, first time alone handling her antiquated tracking system, did best I could do and handled anything that would be classed as serious but the other things missed or not updated causes some huffs and puffs

wooooooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MLyons likes this.
  16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

old man being at the age where he knows everything, rather than learn how to use a torque wrench properly the silly sod has only gone and over torque'd an entire beadlock resulting in a snapped a bolt and deforming the rest to the point where they're literally falling off so now I've just had to spend £30 on a whole new rack of 16 bolts to refit the bead properly.

magically however its my fault somehow, ****ing old idiot :wallbash:

MLyons likes this.
  17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Hernia op cancelled. Bert and Ernie will be here a while longer :sigh:

Edit: Got a new date for surgery, but not for 3 weeks. Joy!

Last edited: 18 Oct 2018
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This has been one expensive month. Deposit for a new car after poor Yarison Ford went to the Great Garage in the Sky, and unexpectedly having to pay for our Christmas break sooner than planned.

Payday can't come soon enough! :)

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So wait... Yaris? Or Ford?

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hah, a Yaris :D.

We were going to go with Rolf Yaris at first, but then... yeah... that news happened...!

MLyons, David and Mister_Tad like this.