1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

So back to work today, spent my lunch break writing up a bit of a financial plan. It looks bleak... but meh! such is life sometimes! - this is not ruining my life, rather something else this time...

It feels like the winter blues have kicked in because almost everyone I have met today is moody or miserable to the levels they NEED to bring down everyone. Resting bitch faces as far as the eye can see! Just dark pessimism, nothing going right for anyone (hypocrite right?) targeted attacks of 'I don't know why you're so happy, (INSERT LIST OF WHY I SHOULD BE MISERABLE)'

I come home and same here, miserable partner and child, thankfully the missus has just gone to work because I really just want some positivity around me before I try to suffocate myself with my own socks!!

I'm not sure if I'd rather be at work or home.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

****ing Chansey chains.

Edit: After a day and a half of doing it, I've finally caught 100 of the egg-****ing pink bitches and can stop dicking money on Ultra balls. God, what a pain in the whole lower-back area.

Last edited: 28 Dec 2018
  3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

So the package that I thought would be a day late for Christmas... will now be at least a week late.
    I stupidly keep refreshing the tracker all day and keep being disappointed every single time.

They better not have lost or broken it (I'd get my money back, no problem, but there's a unique piece in there, so it would be a huge shame)

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

This few days of work is usually extremely quiet an people are generally resentful as about (well here at least) 95% of the staff are not in so you get the seasonal bitterness from them.
    Here their all just so hungover still its like being around people smacked out their face on spice.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm not sure a grown-ass man playing Pokemon Let's Go makes a whole lot of sense either, but here I am wandering (loosely) down memory lane anyway.

7. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Being at work :(

8. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Not seeing Christmas....worked 12 hours xmas eve night, slept until 1pm xmas day, worked 12 hour shift xmas night, slept until 1pm boxing day, worked 12 hour shift boxing night bla bla bla....

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Ouch, whats your job ?

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sounds like... hooker?

The_Crapman and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ordered some TIM on Amazon "prime" about a week ago.

This morning everything came. My new phone, the cable for it, the case, a sound card I bought. Everything but the sodding TIM. I don't have any at all, and have a board swap I've been waiting to do.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Rearranging rooms. Pulling apart my office/workshop room to move all the workshop- and hobby-type stuff to the spare room, and sorting through stuff in the process. This has been a long time coming, but it doesn't mean have to like doing it.

13. Vault-Tec

Oh don't, please. I have that to look forward to when I get home. I've got two desks both messy and in need of a very good clean (especially underneath). I have to take the monitor down, all of the old cables, the headphone amps (plural) and all of the wiring for those... Then clean, rewire everything and then I can set up my new desktop. On two desks, I've got that much crap.

I am hoping that the enormous box full of very expensive peripherals I grabbed over the past couple of months and the large FONV framed poster I refused to let myself put up until I was done are motivation enough.

Then again, give me one day in that place (my flat) without my PC and I will be going crazy lol. That oughtta do it :D

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Car Tax.

Happy New Overdraft Year!

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

As much of a bitch as it is, it is still highly satisfying.

16. Vault-Tec

Yeah I once had three PCs set up on the side desk. So I have all of that wiring I can now get rid of. I'm also ditching wires and putting a large USB 3 hub on my desk instead. So that means one cable to the PC itself, and then everything else can be set up on the desk so it's not all hanging between the two.

It won't take me that long now that everything is out of there (I have two PCs here now, only the one there) but yeah looking forward to using all of the lovely gear I bought. I forgot how nice backlit keyboards were until I used one last week.

17. perplekks45

Generally feeling like I should do something useful but just not getting my arse up to actually doing something. Which, in turn, makes me feel worse and even more like I should do something useful to make me feel better. And that just makes it even less likely that I'll get up and do it. Nice circle there...

MLyons and Vault-Tec like this.
  18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Sat at work, canteen closed at 10, people are already being sent home but looks like were here for the full shift despite there being no one to actually raise faults to us an no work to do.

19. perplekks45

Grab a bottle of bubbly and go to HR. That's what I always did when I had to work NYE.

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Automobile - train - plane - plane - automobile.

A lesser known sequel. A long NYE. #firstworldproblems

The_Crapman likes this.