1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Flu. Proper flu. Shivering so hard you think it's a seizure. Sleeping 40hrs straight. Not wanting to eat - ever again...

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bad times. That reminds me, I never did get the flu jab this year... Should probably organise that.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

I am absolutely fuming right now. How the hell does this keep happening?! I drove around 140 miles last week - nothing. Back in work today after nearly two weeks off with a ~15 mile round trip? Here, have a screw in your tyre. Ever since I had a bolt in my tyre a month or two ago I started trying to stick to the parts of the road where car tyres would normally drive - apparently this isn't good enough.

I am abso-f'ing-lutely livid. I've had this bike about a year now and in that time I've had five punctures. I didn't get a single one on my 125, I had that for pretty much the same length of time and drove the same goddamn roads. I swear, this tyre is going to be more plug than tyre before long. They were due to be changed in a few months anyway, so I might just do that now instead of getting yet another plug.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Your tire is possessed. By a suicidal ghost.

IanW, Vault-Tec, MLyons and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Have you p*ssed-off someone who works for Screwfix?

6. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Ahem... The solution to your puncture issue, just sweep the road ahead of you.
    [​IMG]

MLyons, IanW, Mister_Tad and 2 others like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I dunno man, maybe...

I'll have to see if my dealer can get the parts from Honda...

8. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

On a serious note I am a little surprised that someone has not developed a product to pre sweep.
    Not saying that it would work just surprised that in a world with motorised spinning pasta forks there isn't a wheel broom.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Byron - it comes in threes. How many has that been now?

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Five. In a year. In fact, the last three have all been within 2 months.

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Inexplicable weight gain. Literally overnight as well. decided I needed to do something about my weight as a secondary chin began to emerge.
    Weighed myself last night but forgot to do it in the morning I'd not long eaten so weight was off (I usually weigh once a week in the morning after the toilet but before eating and drinking)

Last night 87.9kg
    This morning 88.5Kg

Now, I'm no scientist but if you go to the toilet and for want of a better term, laying a log. You'd expect to weigh less surely?

Other confusing stats from the smart scales this morning, I;ve lost a kilo of muscle mass over night, body fats gone from 28.6% to 30% and BMI has shot up from 27.7 to 29.2.

I'g going to swap out the batteries and use the set the mother insists on having just to be certain I'm not converting air into fat or some twoddle.

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What smart scales do you have. I'm very slightly looking at getting some.

13. legoman

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Not worth worrying too much about small variations in weight from day to day, 0.6Kg is only a little more than half a pint of water and don't weigh yourself so often, so your results are less affected by unimportant blips.

I get weighed once a year, when I go to the quack for annual blood tests (because of family history). Last October I weighed less than the year before, result!

15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

0.6kg is more than a pint, isn't it :) 568ml = 568g = 0.568kg assuming the 'normal' density of water.

A pint of water weighs a pound-and-a-quarter, as my grandfather taught me.

I would, however, agree that a fluctuation of 0.6kg is mere 'fluff'. I'd also agree that daily weigh-ins are a bit unnecessary, you want to make sure the trend is in the correct direction, and daily readings are probably too many data points!

16. legoman

Its was more I forgot to weigh myself yesterday morning, did it last night after a meal, then realised its meant to be first thing. I am probably over thinking it but when you first wake up realising you've absorbed mass overnights confusing to say the least.

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You weight naturaly fluctuates throughout the day, pretty much why it's a good idea if you're going to weigh yourself to do it at the same time of day.

0.6kg is well within the normal fluctuation.

18. legoman

Posh speak for "weight of a poo"?

I planned weekly Monday morning, just forgot so I'll see what they say next Monday.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Last edited: 8 Jan 2019
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

I know the weight of a pint of water very well, not sure how the "half a" got in there...:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: