1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Get some Difflam Spray. Absolute God send for throat infections.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Visa applications.

You have to give Biometrics, no you can't book an appointment, yes the only office is in London, so get on that expensive ass train and come to our offices to sit your cheap ass all day and we might get round to you before closing time, if not come back next week...

... have a great day now eh!

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

About the only demeaning thing they didn't do at mine was tell me to moo and brand my ass. The rest was bloody humiliating. Just my first lesson that the USA don't mess around. Not even in London on UK soil.

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Windows 10 device, calls come up and someones moaning their copy of MS Works is not loading.
    How has this deployed! Its actually in their program files but not a packaged app!

5. Byron C

Byron C *psst!* This guy is a loser!

MS Works?!?! Jesus, people still use that?!

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

Wow, they still make that?

<checks>
    <Last release, September 28, 2007>

Nope!
    Even better, the last retail release was two years prior. Neat.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ne'er mind Works, I miss Lotus SmartSuite. Well, I miss WordPerfect, too, but mostly SmartSuite. Especially Lotus Organizer [sic], with its wastebasket that made pages burst into flame when you wanted to delete 'em.

8. Byron C

On topic: having the ill. Whatever tf this was it's knocked me on my arse for most of this week - I've spent most of the last couple of days in bed. Still feel crappy today, but now my back is killing me from being in bed so long...

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Music Enthusiast

Parents Cat has gone missing, No idea where she is, hasn’t returned home in a day or so. I know a lot of cats have these extended times away from home but this is her first. We’ve put it on Facebook and posted through doors and had one claimed sighting a distance away which is likely a cat that resembles her rather than her.

Despite a being a bit foul tempered she is really a lovely long haired tortoise shell. I’m hoping she’s got herself trapped soon to be freed rather than hurt or worse. Hopefully she comes back soon because I don’t like to think she’s met her end someway or another

10. The_Crapman

My new gpu block has been delayed as they ran out of backplates. More have been produced but have been sent to the anodisers and won't be back for 2 weeks. When I receive the backplate, I will remove the anodising. :rollingeyes: :duh: Probably should have mentioned that when ordering. :wallbash:

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's not ruining my life, but someone's having a bad week. I got this press release two days ago:
    So, EVGA's splashed the cash - seriously, there's an RTX 2080 Ti in there, Intel Core i7-8086K, 2TB Intel 660p SSD and a 500GB RGB SSD, custom sleeving, custom paintjob, and it's running a competition alongside. Better get some good publicity off the back of that, right?

No, the tit screamed homophobic slurs on a live stream and got himself rightly temp-banned from Twitch, and has now gone off on a proper sulk about how he's never using Twitch again 'cos he didn't mean it like that, it was 'harmless sh*t,' and how dare Twitch punish someone of his magnificence for something as minor as calling someone a 'f****ing c**k-sucking stream sniper f*g' on a live stream.

24 hours. That's what EVGA got out of it. 24 hours before he (yet again) ruined it.

Hey, EVGA, build me a kick-ass gaming PC: I promise I can go more than a day without a hatecrime!

12. The_Crapman

Oh lord doesn't he look creepy. No wonder he wears that stupid ball on his noggin. He's either full phobe or stuck in narnia.

EVGA are a bit slack though, the company that brings us 'mod rigs Monday' where the average mod count is zero.

13. DeadP1xels

No cat... feeling pretty damn **** to be honest.

May seem stupid to some but my parents are really upset about it. its the only company my mum had when she was home by herself, She's not been seen for 72 hours now, no word from a vet which in one way is good but another way doesn't confirm she hasn't been killed and the council have just swept up the body like your average litter. I'm going to post some more after work further a field and hope she's hiding somewhere rather than met her end.

its comforting to know this is sometimes usual behaviour and family cats have been known to vanish for weeks on end, I just don't feel like she's coming back

14. Vault-Tec

It's heart breaking. I remember when my boy (large f1 bengal) vanished. I went crazy not knowing. I put posters on poles etc. He eventually returned some 7 weeks later rather thin. I don't think I've ever been so overjoyed. Funny part is he brought one of his relatives (female f2 bengal) with him. The lady who gave me mine gave one to a farmer 3 towns away and somehow my cat found her and she followed him back . She asked me to look for a scar to see if he had spayed her and the farmer had not so she said "f§§k it keep her" .

So then I had two bengals. Cooking fat and Hurley lou lou.

I hope your cat returns. Mine were like children to me.

15. adidan

adidan Avatar now in stock for xmas 2019

It ain't stupid, i'd be in pieces if my girl went missing.

Hopefully she's safe and sound somewhere and just having a catnip bender.

16. DeadP1xels

SHES HOME!

A total of 75 hours missing, my mum said she came bounding in at record pace straight to her bowl of food and water.... sounds like she got locked in somewhere and just got freed.

Literally moments after I spammed every Facebook group with the post.

I'm so relieved... JEEEZ!

IanW, MLyons, bawjaws and 9 others like this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Yay, awesome news :D

adidan likes this.
  18. adidan

adidan Avatar now in stock for xmas 2019

AWESOME!!!

19. Byron C

Ah, that's great news.

20. The_Crapman

I was gonna say it's a possibility she got locked in a shed or garage by accident. Happened to my brothers cat last year. Glad it got home.