1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Just making light, I'm sure you have a legitimate reason.

Can you make it to Wednesday without a card?

2. creative

creative 500rwhp

Getting an email from my seedbox provider to say that my box had a harddrive failure... grrrrr!

I did get an extra month free and and my seedbox was up and running again in less than 2 hours. Fortunately I had done a file clear out the other day so it was easy to set everything up again and start re seeding my torrents.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Yeah I figured... some serious sense of humour failure going on at this end right now...

...and haven't got much of a choice on that front. Not enough in the account for an emergency code [no suitable ATMs to enter it into] and **** knows where my nearest actual branch is any more.

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Apparently Pewtarex isn't pewter. Now I have more scrap aluminum to haul off.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Fell asleep on the train on the way home. I'm in ****ing Kidderminster. :wallbash:

Bazz, IanW and MLyons like this.
  6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Aww mate, unlucky.
    So is it last train home or Travelodge time?

7. The_Crapman

£20 taxi. Home now. Want to die.

8. RedFlames

Kidderminster will do that to a man...

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

20£? So...a 15 minute ride? Cause that's what that'd get you over here.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sorry, but LMFAO.

My mum lives close to a "end of the line" station. When I lived here I would go outside, plop myself on the step and smoke a rolly. Any way, what with me not sleeping very well there were three occasions when I was out there at gone midnight and you'd see a bloke aimlessly staggering around drunk asking me if there were any hotels close by. I'd have to tell them they were pretty much screwed, as in all directions for at least 5 miles there's nothing but fields lol.

It's worsened by the fact that the local taxi company closes overnight, so they have to sleep on a bench outside the train station.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I appear to have acquired some sort of illness that's come with a mild fever.

Why must people insist on having sick kids and then being in the same place as me?

12. RedFlames

IIRC £20 would get you about 10 miles in a private hire...

...or to the end of the street in an Uber.

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

25 mins/12 miles, £18.53 in an uber. Turns out I left my wallet in the car. So a trip to Solihull tomorrow to retrieve it is on the cards. Or pay him more, but f that.

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dude, sounds like you were smashed.

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. The_Crapman

Pretty much. The pub we were in had Black Sheep on cask, not strong, but goes down very easily. Also didn't eat, always a big mistake. Was pretty hungover today, got chicken nuggets and fries reheating in the oven now, they went on quite the journey too! lol

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

When I used to have long days in the pub my "meals" were a pint of stout and a bag of crisps.

Good to hear you kept a hold on the nuggets and fries even if the wallet went on its merry way. #goodpriorities :)

17. Vault-Tec

Spent most of yesterday evening in A&E. My cyst decided to pop over night and when I woke I felt like I was going into shock. Tried to shake it off (I hate hospitals) but nope. As the day went on I started shaking and ended up taking a taxi to A&E (£40 in bloody fares). Turns out it is infected. Thankfully today I feel a little better and it doesn't hurt like some one stabbed me with a hot poker. Have taken some codeine and will rest now until Tues when it's back to the grindstone. It was probably caused by doing "the stairs" as I now call them five times because Currys were being dicks.

Of course whilst in A&E I was treated to the three obligatory screaming children. And this little girl who decided to shout to her mother at the vending machine that she wanted peanuts. About 500 times. I was thinking "she's going to get a slap at any minute" but forgot that the world has changed. Instead she just screamed on, whilst her mother said things like "there there" and etc.

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Distressed children in A&E? And not even a slap? What is the world coming to... You have my greatest sympathies for getting through that ordeal.

Gareth Halfacree and bawjaws like this.
  19. Vault-Tec

They weren't distressed the parents were. They were just ill behaved little ikes. Ed to ad. Spoiled ones.

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It may come as a surprise (I mean, it shouldn't, but judging from your post, it will) that when children are distressed, it may not surface in the form of "excuse me mother, I'm feeling anxiety, please offer me consolation", and comes out in other ways, such as acting out.

And I really feel like having been there yourself that it won't come as a surprise that amongst distressing settings A&E ranks pretty highly, whether you're the patient or just there on a fun day out.

IanW, Gareth Halfacree and bawjaws like this.